• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks' Smith stresses education at his hoops camp

pimp

I'm sorry, but the idea of Smith having a basketball camp is kind of hilarious.

edit: Before anyone gets all touchy, I agree it's a good thing he's doing. It's just that some of the stuff he does on the court isn't exactly what you'd expect from a guy with a basketball camp.

Edited by thefloydian

I'm sorry, but the idea of Smith having a basketball camp is kind of hilarious.

edit: Before anyone gets all touchy, I agree it's a good thing he's doing. It's just that some of the stuff he does on the court isn't exactly what you'd expect from a guy with a basketball camp.

Wow I was literally thinking the same thing, but it is always good for players to give back and do positive things. Really helps build character. Good job

Wow... i'm a big josh fan but I've got to say that he is not the brightest apple on the tree. I mean damn, he's 24 and can't express a coherent thought.

Since when does not being a great public speaker make you dumb?

Our gm doesn't interview any better that Josh does, and he seems

pretty bright to me.

Wow... i'm a big josh fan but I've got to say that he is not the brightest apple on the tree. I mean damn, he's 24 and can't express a coherent thought.

Highest GPA maintained during the 2003-2004 basketball season. He's no dummy. I'd say he's one of the brighter apples on the tree. Some people just aren't gifted when put in front of a camera.

Josh has gotten better with his interviews. He doesn't say 'uh' every other word now.

[/quote

Someone should educate Josh and teach him that if you are the worst in the NBA in jump shooting percentage, you shouldn't be taking 25 foot jump shots whenever you are open.

Since when does not being a great public speaker make you dumb?

Our gm doesn't interview any better that Josh does, and he seems

pretty bright to me.

you're right, not being a great public speaker does not make you dumb... not being able to put a sentence together does. And how are you comparing josh's speaking abilities with that of our general manager? Sund is not the best interviewer but he gets his point across in a semi-intelligent manner. You said it yourself, he seems pretty bright to you even after you see he is not the best public speaker... the same can not be said for Josh.

lol once again , smoove had one of the highest gpa's his senior year of school. Obviously you can't read because that has been repeated more than once...Smoove is far from dumb , no matter what you so called fans think of his basketball skills.

Edited by jsmoovefan

lol once again , smoove had one of the highest gpa's his senior year of school. Obviously you can't read because that has been repeated more than once...Smoove is far from dumb , no matter what you so called fans think of his basketball skills.

You don't think many of his teachers gave him A's because he was the star of the basketball team?

He may not be dumb, but he's far from smart. He has demonstrayed that many times on the bb court.

That high gpa sounds very suspect to me. Just watch him play...listen to him talk, Doesn't sound like a

"high GPA" guy to me.

You don't think many of his teachers gave him A's because he was the star of the basketball team?

He may not be dumb, but he's far from smart. He has demonstrayed that many times on the bb court.

That high gpa sounds very suspect to me. Just watch him play...listen to him talk, Doesn't sound like a

"high GPA" guy to me.

That's your opinion which doesn't even matter , so no reason for me to even discuss this issue with you..

talk abou

Edited by jsmoovefan

Good for him. Funny that he doesn't even have a college degree and came straight out of high school. But thats cool.

I think it's fantastic for a pro athlete to tell kids to stay in school, since they probably won't ever be NBA players.