• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin and Josh

Swatguy

These guys have to have the highest ceiling of potential than any forward duo in the league. I've said it before, Marvin with his length and girth may be better served as a 4/3 guy than a 3 or 3/4 guy. Josh with handles and a mid-range jumper (think bank shot) he could dominate 3's forever.

As they develope and mature I see both moving inside to out and vice-versa.

I have an image of Marvin having a "ShawnKempish" kinda thing ready to evolve. Maybe I'm dreaming.

I'm starting Zaza and putting Marvin at the four bringing Al in of the bench (bad guy persona).

I have to agree, but for a different reason. Marvin does not have the quickness to guard the elite 3s in the league... neither does J Smoove, but Josh's first step quickness is much more dominant than Marv's. I think we will be fine either way.

i disagree. Josh has neither handles or a jumper. Marv is superior to him in both those areas.

Josh is a better shawn kemp comparison. Josh can jump, block shots and dunk, but cant be depended on to knock down an open shot at all. thus he is better served in the post closer to the rim

Marv can dribble effectively, shoot from the perimeter, jump and gaurd/play both the post and perimeter, making him the better option at the 3

• Premium Member

I've said it before, Marvin with his length and girth may be better served as a 4/3 guy than a 3 or 3/4 guy. Josh with handles and a mid-range jumper (think bank shot) he could dominate 3's forever.

As they develope and mature I see both moving inside to out and vice-versa.

I have an image of Marvin having a "ShawnKempish" kinda thing ready to evolve. Maybe I'm dreaming.

?????? Way off on your assessment of both players.

Marvin is maturing and growing, whereas Smoove is regressing.

I definitely agree with that! When Smoove decides to get in the weight room and play inside - out then he will be much better. Marvin on the other hand just need to go see the WIZARD and get a heart. He has no confidence in his game. His 3 was falling at the beginning of the season and then he just stop shooting them. WHY Marv WHY?

He regressed slightly last year.

Doubtful he will regress two years in a row. Hopefully his rebounds and blocks will be back up next year. Some believe his ankle made him lose a little explosion for a lot of the season which hurt his activity from a blocks and rebound stand point. He definately did not look like the same Smith we have come to know after that ankle sprain. His FG% actually improved last season.

All is not lost. I like the phrase slightly regrressed in the past tense more then the present tense of regressing.

:jumping11:

At 24, Smith still has some natural maturing in him. Even Ron Artest matured from 24 to 28-29 and Smith is not half the head case that Artest was at 24.

I know you can't grow brain cells but a young man does mature.

• Premium Member

What's so funny to me is some of you "FANS" always talk about how Marvin and Smoove need to improve certain parts of their games everyday, but I never see the same stuff repeated over and over about AL, who has NO offensive game at all.

I have said repeatedly that this is Al's year to find a post game. IF he can't score on the offensive end consistently, we have to find somebody who can.

I have said repeatedly that this is Al's year to find a post game. IF he can't score on the offensive end consistently, we have to find somebody who can.

All they have to do is design some plays for him. Horford is money with that face up 15 footer and his low post game improved last year.

Everyone forgets he is a 6-9 forward going against taller/bigger guys night after night. You can't expect miracles. Al shoots a nice FG% already.

Like I said.....they just have to design the offence around him a bit and use his running skills more. Woodson hasn't figured out yet that Al can outun

every center in the NBA down the court.

He regressed slightly last year.

Doubtful he will regress two years in a row. Hopefully his rebounds and blocks will be back up next year. Some believe his ankle made him lose a little explosion for a lot of the season which hurt his activity from a blocks and rebound stand point. He definately did not look like the same Smith we have come to know after that ankle sprain. His FG% actually improved last season.

All is not lost. I like the phrase slightly regrressed in the past tense more then the present tense of regressing.

:jumping11:

At 24, Smith still has some natural maturing in him. Even Ron Artest matured from 24 to 28-29 and Smith is not half the head case that Artest was at 24.

I know you can't grow brain cells but a young man does mature.

Josh needs to stop playing "lazy" half the time. If he played every game with intensity and focused on the area 10 feet and less around the rim, he would avg 30 a night.

The fact that he is working on his mid range jumper shows me that he still doesn't want to get down and dirty and mix it up down low like he should. All Josh needs to do is play to his strengths. He doesn't need more skills. Do what you do best and forget about the jump shots.

Josh needs to stop playing "lazy" half the time. If he played every game with intensity and focused on the area 10 feet and less around the rim, he would avg 30 a night.

The fact that he is working on his mid range jumper shows me that he still doesn't want to get down and dirty and mix it up down low like he should. All Josh needs to do is play to his strengths. He doesn't need more skills. Do what you do best and forget about the jump shots.

Agree 100% !

i wish i could my brain inside of Smoove's body. I would be unstoppable. I need to sit down with Smoove and play 2k9 and show him how he can dominate a game if he played inside.

i wish i could my brain inside of Smoove's body. I would be unstoppable. I need to sit down with Smoove and play 2k9 and show him how he can dominate a game if he played inside.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man what you said!!!!!!!!

The problem is this.....if Josh improves his mid range jumper, he will think he can hit the long range jumper too.

Woodson has to pull Josh out when he starts jacking up anything over 20 feet. That is the only way he will learn.

Now that we have Joe Smith behind him, Woodson doesn't have to put up with Josh's crap anymore.