• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rob Zombie's trailer for Halloween 2

Admin

Apparently he hated the studio's trailer for it so he cut his own.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17125

<object width="600" height="452"><param name="movie" value="http://bloody-disgusting.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4a8b6128469f0/10/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf"></param><param'>http://bloody-disgusting.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4a8b6128469f0/10/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://bloody-disgusting.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4a8b6128469f0/10/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="600" height="452"></embed></object>

You'll have to let me know how it is although I'm going to try and see it on Saturday.

the trailer they've shown on TV is flat out PAINFUL. I doubt this movie will be any good just like I doubt the first one was any good. Give Micheal Myers a backstory? What a way to destroy the mystery. But people don't want that these days. They want every little thing spoofed to them.

the trailer they've shown on TV is flat out PAINFUL. I doubt this movie will be any good just like I doubt the first one was any good. Give Micheal Myers a backstory? What a way to destroy the mystery. But people don't want that these days. They want every little thing spoofed to them.

Actually if you can get over the fact that the first was a re-make of a classic horror film it was pretty good. I really liked seeing Myers as a kid and understanding why he is the way that he is and seeing how his relationship with Loomis developed.

I don't have high expectations for this one since most sequels suck but I'll see it anyway because at the very least I know it will be entertaining.

Actually if you can get over the fact that the first was a re-make of a classic horror film it was pretty good. I really liked seeing Myers as a kid and understanding why he is the way that he is and seeing how his relationship with Loomis developed.

I don't have high expectations for this one since most sequels suck but I'll see it anyway because at the very least I know it will be entertaining.

Then why does it have a low score on most every site and is a critical failure? Most everybody that I've seen that likes it are people with really low expectations. A dramatic backstory destroys the mystery of the character. I prefer to watch stuff I think I will be good and not to lower my expectations just so that I can like it. If you have to drop your expectations way down to like a movie, it's probably not good in the traditional sense. If you like it, that' fine. But at best this looks like a guilty pleasure to me.

The original Halloween is only a 7.5/10 for me. I'll stay away from this watered down MTV remake with a trashy metal loving Myers. If I want to watch Halloween, I'll stay with the real one. The one that doesn't hand me every detail about everything with a cliche back story.

Not all remakes are bad... Cronenberg's The Fly is one of the best horror movies ever. And there are others. The problem is with the MTV/music video director remakes. I can picture the Last House On The Left remake being better than the original.

Then why does it have a low score on most every site and is a critical failure? Most everybody that I've seen that likes it are people with really low expectations. A dramatic backstory destroys the mystery of the character. I prefer to watch stuff I think I will be good and not to lower my expectations just so that I can like it. If you have to drop your expectations way down to like a movie, it's probably not good in the traditional sense. If you like it, that' fine. But at best this looks like a guilty pleasure to me.

The original Halloween is only a 7.5/10 for me. I'll stay away from this watered down MTV remake with a trashy metal loving Myers. If I want to watch Halloween, I'll stay with the real one. The one that doesn't hand me every detail about everything with a cliche back story.

Not all remakes are bad... Cronenberg's The Fly is one of the best horror movies ever. And there are others. The problem is with the MTV/music video director remakes. I can picture the Last House On The Left remake being better than the original.

That may be true for you but it's not for me. I like looking into the history of Michael Myers and seeing a possible explanation to why he is the way that he is which makes it a completely different story because of it.

And what is this about avoiding "guilty pleasures"? Do you avoid chocolate because it's a guilty pleasure? What about alcohol? Sex? Those are all guilty pleasures.

The way I see it is that for you it's all about labeling things, whether it's MTV this or bubble gum that all you want to do is put a label on things and doing that keeps people from enjoying a lot of things in life. This sequel may be awful overall but you know what, at the very least I'll still find a few moments of enjoyment even if it does suck. Then again it may be much better than I expect since I have low expectations of it and it might blow me away. Either way I don't see the harm in trying it out and not automatically slapping a label on it and disregarding it.

And what is this about avoiding "guilty pleasures"? Do you avoid chocolate because it's a guilty pleasure? What about alcohol? Sex? Those are all guilty pleasures.

i didn't say to avoid guilty pleasures. I just don't go to the theater and spend a lot of money on them. I wanted to see Doomsday, but I realized what type of movie it was going to be and I waited for it to hit DVD and bought it cheap.

The way I see it is that for you it's all about labeling things, whether it's MTV this or bubble gum that all you want to do is put a label on things and doing that keeps people from enjoying a lot of things in life.

C'mon, I'm not going to keep you from enjoying a movie that you're going to see. Most of these horror remakes are by music video guys, which has mostly lead to over styled horror flicks.

This sequel may be awful overall but you know what, at the very least I'll still find a few moments of enjoyment even if it does suck. Then again it may be much better than I expect since I have low expectations of it and it might blow me away. Either way I don't see the harm in trying it out and not automatically slapping a label on it and disregarding it.

Sometimes it's easy to see when I movie will be bad. Take Crossroads for instance. The one with Britney Spears... Could that possibly be a good movie? How about Alone in the Dark?

Back to Halloween. I don't see how a cliche back story can improve the series in any way. This movie isn't highly thought of for a reason.

i didn't say to avoid guilty pleasures. I just don't go to the theater and spend a lot of money on them. I wanted to see Doomsday, but I realized what type of movie it was going to be and I waited for it to hit DVD and bought it cheap.

C'mon, I'm not going to keep you from enjoying a movie that you're going to see. Most of these horror remakes are by music video guys, which has mostly lead to over styled horror flicks.

Sometimes it's easy to see when I movie will be bad. Take Crossroads for instance. The one with Britney Spears... Could that possibly be a good movie? How about Alone in the Dark?

Back to Halloween. I don't see how a cliche back story can improve the series in any way. This movie isn't highly thought of for a reason.

You can go see a Saturday movie at 10am for 5 bucks at a lot of theaters. That's cheaper than you're going to get it for on DVD unless you wait forever and get a used copy from eBay or something.

What other music video guy has done a horror movie besides Rob Zombie?

Of course some movies you know will be bad just as some you know will be great but the majority of movies you go into not knowing if they will be good or bad.

Regarding Halloween and the back story it's like reading a book where the lead character has been thoroughly developed and it helps you to relate to them. I think that Rob Zombie really wants people to feel how Michael Myers feels and it's rare that a horror movie is able to put you in that place. Take the new Friday the 13th for example, I enjoyed the movie for what it is but there was very little time spent developing Jason as a child and I couldn't relate to him at all. You may not think that Halloween is that highly thought of and there are probably a lot of people that feel that way but there are a lot of people that liked it and that's why they are able to have a sequel.

You can go see a Saturday movie at 10am for 5 bucks at a lot of theaters. That's cheaper than you're going to get it for on DVD unless you wait forever and get a used copy from eBay or something.

You factor in popcorn and other things.

What other music video guy has done a horror movie besides Rob Zombie?

Marcus Nispel-Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Samuel Bayer-The New Nightmare on Elm Street

Darren Lynn Bousman-Saw II

Just to name a couple. I'm VERY certain there are more.

Regarding Halloween and the back story it's like reading a book where the lead character has been thoroughly developed and it helps you to relate to them. I think that Rob Zombie really wants people to feel how Michael Myers feels and it's rare that a horror movie is able to put you in that place. Take the new Friday the 13th for example, I enjoyed the movie for what it is but there was very little time spent developing Jason as a child and I couldn't relate to him at all. You may not think that Halloween is that highly thought of and there are probably a lot of people that feel that way but there are a lot of people that liked it and that's why they are able to have a sequel.

And why are you supposed to relate Michael Myers? What's next? The things people often fear the most are the things they can't/don't understand. Uwe Boll still gets to make movies even after the last one failed. Just because they're making a sequel doesn't mean part 1 was successful. I mean, moneywise it did well, but I don't think most see it as good movie. Those that do are usually casual viewers who don't care if a movie is will made or not. From what I've seen anyway.

I mean, when did slasher movies start to be about relating to the killer? The very idea of it's laughable. Is it even really a slasher/horror movie at that point? Just call it a cliche drama horror movie I guess.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Here is a review:

Every now and then, a talented filmmaker gets wrapped up in a production that's run off the rails, something that Rob Zombie knows all too well after his stint resurrecting a seminal horror legend with his so-called reimagining of Halloween -- the result being a thoroughly troubled picture whose faults are, at times, too much to bear for even the most casual viewer. Was it his gritty, goth aesthetic that got in the way of delivering a better translation -- or merely studio interference? One thing is for sure, the film that was released into theaters is a colossal mess of misguided product appeasement that barely taps into what made John Carpenter's original so effective. Gone is the ratcheting suspense, in favor of heavy-handed aggression that Zombie effectively mined so well in his previous film, The Devil's Rejects. The problem here is that that kind of in-your-face brutality doesn't lend itself well to this film series. By the end of the torturous finale, the movie is basically broken down into a Texas Chainsaw Massacre-style insanity trip, with cues taken directly from that masterpiece and crossbred into this franchise, thus blurring the lines of what the director considers to be so special about the original in the first place.

But was it all Zombie's fault? He's a bit blinded by his own fetishes -- that's for certain. For one, his white-trash take on the tale is a sure shock compared to the quiet simplicity of the first film. The constant need to explain everything is another possible detriment, depending on one's tastes. Those in the camp who find much unease with a growing evil sprouting out of suburban normality will no doubt be taken aback by what seems to be a clinical case of dysfunctional family syndrome, with young Michael Myers (played with a mix of pudgy preteen angst and confusing psychological indifference by newcomer Daeg Faerch) turning psychopathic seemingly because of his homestead's constant hostility. The forked-tongued William Forsythe provides much of this through his evil stepfather character, who seems wildly out of place from the get-go -- the same can be said of many of the now-you-see-em, now-you-don't cameos that pepper the picture. The headlining cast doesn't fare too well either -- whether it's the sex-crazed teen girl trifecta or Malcolm McDowell's near laughable sentimentality, the new incarnations are poor substitutes for their predecessors all across the board. As a bland reincarnation of Dr. Loomis, McDowell fails to bring anything new or even old to the character, while Scout Taylor-Compton comes off as more of a walking goofball hormone machine instead of being bred out of the virginal heroine mold. Unfortunately, Zombie doesn't help things much with his decision to condense the original film into the final act, thereby denying the audience the time to invest in these characters. And as far as the adult Michael Myers goes, Tyler Mane hulks around okay, but ends up looking like a degenerate wrestler most of the time, smashing anything in his way with little to no care put into connecting his mannerisms to the classic Myers of yesteryear. Add a schizophrenic style onto all of this, plus more of the director's flare for dirty, grungy horror, and one has a film that so drastically gets things wrong as a narrative that it barely matters how well it realigns with the past.

Given all of this, is there a silver lining to this production? One compliment that's been thrown out there is that at least it's Zombie's vision all the way -- or is it? When rumors of the reshoots popped up promising more deaths and an extended ending, the filmmaker scoffed at the idea, sizing it up to Internet lunacy. The official response was that Bob Weinstein offered more money to help juice up the production any way that Rob wanted, so the timeline of the film was played with, opening things up for a few more cameos along the way (including key members of the Rejects alumni -- Sid Haig and Bill Moseley). Additionally, the director has said that the ending was reworked to give Laurie a more satisfying arc, but if that's true, then he missed the point even more the second time around, studio interference or not. Either way, one thing no one counted on was a workprint copy leaking onto the Internet the week of release, not only raising the piracy flag in Tinseltown, but allowing an interesting peek at what the picture looked like before the notorious Weinstein Company waved more money around. Reportedly gone is the Texas Chainsaw-tinged ending, as well as the absurd chain-breaking escape from the hospital. In their place, grounded character work that allows for a richer Halloween experience than the cut-and-paste one that made its way onto the big screen. Sadly, it seems that audiences lost out again, making this yet another Halloween sequel that's been tampered with before its theatrical release. What's even worse is that this looks to be a monumental step back creatively for Rob Zombie, who for whatever reason, has delivered what many outside his loyal following would consider to be a colossal waste of time."

I do think that his style worked for the Devil's Rejects, but the moment I heard of this movie I thought it would suck. I can easily picture the cliche back story in my head. A metal version of Halloween is just something I can't see as being interesting.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

i mean, like what you want man. But I find the idea of creating a slasher flick to sympathize with the evil monster to be pretty anti slasher flick. It seems like a real suspense killer to me. Even if I believed it to be a good idea I can't see Zombie pulling it off without the 90's MTV "My family didn't love me enough" mentality.

You factor in popcorn and other things.

Do you have to get popcorn? Generally I'll go after breakfast and bring a bottle of water with me and I'm good. $5 is all it costs me.

Marcus Nispel-Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Samuel Bayer-The New Nightmare on Elm Street

Darren Lynn Bousman-Saw II

Just to name a couple. I'm VERY certain there are more.

Those guys are directors though, they're not musicians. Perhaps I misunderstood you but I thought you were saying that musicians like Rob Zombie are making movies.

And why are you supposed to relate Michael Myers? What's next? The things people often fear the most are the things they can't/don't understand. Uwe Boll still gets to make movies even after the last one failed. Just because they're making a sequel doesn't mean part 1 was successful. I mean, moneywise it did well, but I don't think most see it as good movie. Those that do are usually casual viewers who don't care if a movie is will made or not. From what I've seen anyway.

I mean, when did slasher movies start to be about relating to the killer? The very idea of it's laughable. Is it even really a slasher/horror movie at that point? Just call it a cliche drama horror movie I guess.

Why are you supposed to relate to killers in books? I take it that you don't read many books if you don't like relating to characters but it's very common in them and unfortunately because movies are so condensed we often don't get that opportunity in movies. Perhaps the idea of it is laughable to you but I'd suggest you pick up a book about a serial killer sometime and read it and see whether or not you enjoy it. I have an idea that if you gave it an honest chance you would.

i mean, like what you want man. But I find the idea of creating a slasher flick to sympathize with the evil monster to be pretty anti slasher flick. It seems like a real suspense killer to me. Even if I believed it to be a good idea I can't see Zombie pulling it off without the 90's MTV "My family didn't love me enough" mentality.

I didn't say sympathize, I said relate. There is a HUGE difference.

They were showing the original Halloween movie last night with the young Jamie Lee Curtis.

First time I saw the entire thing in well over a decade.........probably back to at least the college years.

The best part was during every commercial they would interview Rob Zombie and show parts of the new movie. He spoke a good bit about giving Myers for a character background basically summarizing that crazy people with traumatic past are just more interesting then a crazy person you no little about.

Do you have to get popcorn? Generally I'll go after breakfast and bring a bottle of water with me and I'm good. $5 is all it costs me.

It tends to happen. Plus I have to drive nearly an hour. It's not all really worth it for a fast food movie.

Those guys are directors though, they're not musicians. Perhaps I misunderstood you but I thought you were saying that musicians like Rob Zombie are making movies.

You did.

Why are you supposed to relate to killers in books? I take it that you don't read many books if you don't like relating to characters but it's very common in them and unfortunately because movies are so condensed we often don't get that opportunity in movies. Perhaps the idea of it is laughable to you but I'd suggest you pick up a book about a serial killer sometime and read it and see whether or not you enjoy it. I have an idea that if you gave it an honest chance you would.

I don't read a lot of books, but books aren't movies. Books also for you to use your imagination. In the original, you can come up with your own theories as to why Myers does what he does. You try to picture just what all Dr. Loomis saw to make make him so concerned about Michael and what he might do. From what I understand, the new movie answers all the questions for you. I haven't seen the movie I know, but I do know what Zombie likes to put in his movies as I've seen one or two others.

They were showing the original Halloween movie last night with the young Jamie Lee Curtis.

First time I saw the entire thing in well over a decade.........probably back to at least the college years.

The best part was during every commercial they would interview Rob Zombie and show parts of the new movie. He spoke a good bit about giving Myers for a character background basically summarizing that crazy people with traumatic past are just more interesting then a crazy person you no little about.

I think most anybody that knows anything about movies at all disagrees. I know these are the times when Oprah, Dr.Phil, Jerry Springer and Steve Wilko are popular. But mystique and suspense should still count for something in a horror movie. Zombie clearly doesn't know as much about horror movies as much he thinks he does. But all you got to do is see his unsubtle hillybilly trash fests to see that.

Now he wants to remake The Blob without the actual Blob. Which was already remade just fine in 1988.

I wished he would go back to making his music and leave movies alone. He doesn't have a clue what he is doing. His lack of originality and understanding of the horror genre is painful.

Edited by Hotlanta1981