• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Espn's NBA Summer Forcast: East Standings

lvhawk07

I don't recall yanking your string. Keep quiet puppet.

Puppet? Wow, lol. Little sensitive huh?

Maybe so, but I think with this team... Two 8 game handstands were big from a mental standpoint. Given that this is a very inconstant team, it allowed them 2 chances to put together big winning streaks.

And again just as equally gave them the same chance to put together big losing streaks on the long road stands.

And again just as equally gave them the same chance to put together big losing streaks on the long road stands.

The team was only like 12-9 headed into the first home streak last year despite the good start to the season. With 3 of the wins prior to stand. being close games against NY, Memphis and Washington. This team wasn't playing well at all before the 1st home stand. Without that home stand, the season could have turned out different. The team had one 6 game road streak where they went 3-4, but suffered a one point loss to Denver that could given team a 3-3 road trip. IF you go 3-3 on a west trip, you have done alright and they almost managed it. I just feel those 2 home stands were very crucial to last season's success.

After that home stand.... They blew that game to NJ, beat Houston on a game winner, got blown out by Orlando, lost to Orlando again and lost to Philly and PHX. That home stand was in the middle of a very bad time in the season.

Yes, I know every season is not the same and they may very well win a lot of road games this year. But this team might be the most inconsistent 47 win team I can ever remember seeing. I think that first home stand was the bell that possibly saved that saved the fighter from a knockout.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Other teams have improved as much/more and there is no 8 game home stands to spring board off of.

Other teams have improved, specifically the "Big 3". I agree with Hotlanta. Which sets up perfectly for us to grab that 4 seed again. I'm not so worried about the 8 game home stand as last year, but more of the fact that 47 wins is easily attainable again as some around here think. Sure, it seems like we have improved as well, which on paper, we have....but getting 47 wins is not something I'm accostomed to being a fan of the Hawks. Last year was awesome, but it's the past. Assuming the Hawks win 50 this year, speculating on the improvement of the roster this off-season, seems a bit lofty to me. Call me crazy, but anytime in the past 10 years I read that 50 wins is the bar, that's reaching....

Other teams have improved, specifically the "Big 3". I agree with Hotlanta. Which sets up perfectly for us to grab that 4 seed again. I'm not so worried about the 8 game home stand as last year, but more of the fact that 47 wins is easily attainable again as some around here think. Sure, it seems like we have improved as well, which on paper, we have....but getting 47 wins is not something I'm accostomed to being a fan of the Hawks. Last year was awesome, but it's the past. Assuming the Hawks win 50 this year, speculating on the improvement of the roster this off-season, seems a bit lofty to me. Call me crazy, but anytime in the past 10 years I read that 50 wins is the bar, that's reaching....

If the rest of the league had stood pat somewhat, I would say 50 wins easily. This team will be better than last years team, but the win/loss record might not reflect it. Hopefully it does.

If the rest of the league had stood pat somewhat, I would say 50 wins easily. This team will be better than last years team, but the win/loss record might not reflect it. Hopefully it does.

I'm not pessimistic, but even if the Shaq's, Raheed's and Vince's of the world didn't sign with teams ahead of us....they still would be better than us anyway, IMO. If Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando kept the exact same roster they had last year, they would still be the favorites. Point is, if they did stay pat, I still wouldn't put us past any of those three.

I think we'll be better too, but maybe not in the record. I think we'll show more maturity, an understanding of what is going on on the court - all benefits of playing together and the same system (whatever it is). Keeping the same players, adding a few "upgrades" all points in the right direction. However, we're not improveing on 17, 28, 34 or whatever wins, we're improving on 47! That's no easy task...I hope it happens...but, it won't be as easy as some think.

I'm not pessimistic, but even if the Shaq's, Raheed's and Vince's of the world didn't sign with teams ahead of us....they still would be better than us anyway, IMO. If Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando kept the exact same roster they had last year, they would still be the favorites. Point is, if they did stay pat, I still wouldn't put us past any of those three.

I think we'll be better too, but maybe not in the record. I think we'll show more maturity, an understanding of what is going on on the court - all benefits of playing together and the same system (whatever it is). Keeping the same players, adding a few "upgrades" all points in the right direction. However, we're not improveing on 17, 28, 34 or whatever wins, we're improving on 47! That's no easy task...I hope it happens...but, it won't be as easy as some think.

A big change is a team like Washington.. Last year, I believe this team swept them. This year, they have Gilbert back and more depth. That could lead to a 2-2 series or even 3-1 in Washington's favor. Miami didn't get better... So that's good. Toronto might be better also.

The team was only like 12-9 headed into the first home streak last year despite the good start to the season. With 3 of the wins prior to stand. being close games against NY, Memphis and Washington. This team wasn't playing well at all before the 1st home stand. Without that home stand, the season could have turned out different. The team had one 6 game road streak where they went 3-4, but suffered a one point loss to Denver that could given team a 3-3 road trip. IF you go 3-3 on a west trip, you have done alright and they almost managed it. I just feel those 2 home stands were very crucial to last season's success.

After that home stand.... They blew that game to NJ, beat Houston on a game winner, got blown out by Orlando, lost to Orlando again and lost to Philly and PHX. That home stand was in the middle of a very bad time in the season.

Yes, I know every season is not the same and they may very well win a lot of road games this year. But this team might be the most inconsistent 47 win team I can ever remember seeing. I think that first home stand was the bell that possibly saved that saved the fighter from a knockout.

I think that 12-9 start had a lot to do with josh going down. We are a very inconsistent team but I think that gets better with age.