• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JJ fired his Agent?

Brotha2ThaNite

Ok, just read these two post in the JJ tweet thread.

I think Joe could have exercised some restraint with his tweets. He needs a public and a private account.

I am sure his agent is exaplaining that to him now.

He sounds immature to me...............you think Kobe or Lebron would be tweeting crap like that.

The gin must have been talking to him that night.

JJ is 28 right ? Maybe he should try sounding like it.

And then I go to check out this JJ tweet page everyone is talking about. Look at JJ last tweet

R.I.P Jeff Wernick my Agent

8:52 AM Sep 6th from mobile web

Do you guys think this means he fired his agent or did he really die?

this account isnt even verified. could be some joker just pretending to be joe

I suppose. He's had other accounts where people are lying about who they are....but this current one, seems legit, in a weird way. Especially now mentioning this dude, Jeff Wernick. I did the typical google search myself and got a couple hits on his name - associated with the NBA. Specifically, being Eddie Griffin's agent a couple years back. Coincidence? Not sure...but it seems unlikely to me that someone "faking" to be JJ would pull this dude's name outta nowhere...

Coincidence? :whistling:

He's the one that made the post. I didn't google it until after JJ, or whomever, tweeted it. If it wasn't JJ, that guy had to come up with that name out of thin air, then post it. Think about it...

He's the one that made the post. I didn't google it until after JJ, or whomever, tweeted it. If it wasn't JJ, that guy had to come up with that name out of thin air, then post it. Think about it...

He did not have to pull it out of thin air.

All you have to is goole - Who is Joe Johnson's agent and get the name.

• Premium Member

i dont think this account is legit.

More about Wernick. Wernick was hand picked to take over some of Arn Tellum's basketball clients upon moving to the Wasserman Media Group a few years back. As we recall, Tellum is the guy who walked JJ through our rough negotiation at the same time, the next year, the Hawks picked Tellum's guy Shelden Williams in what I would call a payback deal. Sund and Tellum have an interesting relationship. Sund took Tellum's man Swift and held out hope on him until NOW... With his recent GM success, maybe Sund is not hearing anything from Tellum's hand choosen guy Wernick and the lack of a deal is pissing JJ off?

I would think it means that JJ wants to be a Hawk? Or maybe Ray Allen, CP3 told JJ that it's easier and cheaper to represent yourself if you know what you want?

Either way, I'm excited about this season.

I saw that too.

But why would Sekou Smith be talking about his in the AJC? Man, if Sekou Smith did not verified by talking to JJ he will get killed. :shake_puter:

Because Sekou isn't a very good writer and has been getting increasingly lazy.

• Like 1