• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why are beer prices going up ?

coachx

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/CompanyFocus/why-every-cold-beer-costs-you-more.aspx?GT1=33002

If it was on gas prices I would have thrown it in the political forum but since its beer I figuered it was a lounge topic.

Interesting article. I've noticed the increase, I like my cold ones. A part at the end caught my....

Recessions may make people want more beer, says a study from Mintel, a consumer research company. The theory: Beer drinkers crack open more brews during downturns as a form of escape, and also because they're forced to spend more time at home. Plus wine drinkers "trade down" to beer.

Makes sense. There's no better time to drink than when you have no money, and you're stuck at home with your wife!!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/CompanyFocus/why-every-cold-beer-costs-you-more.aspx?GT1=33002

If it was on gas prices I would have thrown it in the political forum but since its beer I figuered it was a lounge topic.

While on the topic of beer....I tried Select 55, the Budweiser product...."the lightest beer in the world"...It's awful. Unless you're a fan of water slightly flavored with beer. MGD 64 tastes a TINY bit better. My opinion is that if you drink light beer, sacrifice the extra 40 calories per bottle and drink the classic light beers. Don't waste your money.

While on the topic of beer....I tried Select 55, the Budweiser product...."the lightest beer in the world"...It's awful. Unless you're a fan of water slightly flavored with beer. MGD 64 tastes a TINY bit better. My opinion is that if you drink light beer, sacrifice the extra 40 calories per bottle and drink the classic light beers. Don't waste your money.

I hear ya there, I'm not sacrificing taste to save a little money or calories. The only "low calorie" beer that I can drink is Michelob Ultra which isn't too bad but I still prefer Shiner Bock.

I'm a hard alki drinker...love scotch, cognac, even vodka like the GG and Belvy, but when I go beer I go straight for coors light for some reason. It's basically piss water but gets you nice and buzzed without feelin weighed down. If I go regular brew I like the mexicans corona and pacifico as well as chihuaha. Dang couldn't this topic come up on a Friday instead. lol.

• Moderators

I hear ya there, I'm not sacrificing taste to save a little money or calories. The only "low calorie" beer that I can drink is Michelob Ultra which isn't too bad but I still prefer Shiner Bock.

Amstel Light - 56 calories and an actual real taste.

At the moment, I am drinking New Belgium 1554 Black Ale. Very tasty.

http://destinationbeer.com/beers/new-belgium-1554

I drank Miller Lite for a while but you can't get a buzz off of it

We went to a Braves game a few months back and started drinking at a rib place next to Stone Crest mall. Anyhow we added it up the next day from 3 PM to 1 AM at the Buffalo Wild Wings I drank the equivalent of 26 beers. I was sober halfway to Augusta.

Smokey Bones was the place. They've got good prices on pints.

edit I just consulted the group - it was 22 beers.

6 pints at Smokey Bones

4 on the way to the Marta

3 24s at the BRaves game

4 back to the Marta

2 tall drafts at Buffalo Wild Wings

Miller lite = water

Edited by gsuteke

I drank Miller Lite for a while but you can't get a buzz off of it

We went to a Braves game a few months back and started drinking at a rib place next to Stone Crest mall. Anyhow we added it up the next day from 3 PM to 1 AM at the Buffalo Wild Wings I drank the equivalent of 26 beers. I was sober halfway to Augusta.

Smokey Bones was the place. They've got good prices on pints.

edit I just consulted the group - it was 22 beers.

6 pints at Smokey Bones

4 on the way to the Marta

3 24s at the BRaves game

4 back to the Marta

2 tall drafts at Buffalo Wild Wings

Miller lite = water

You drank 22 beers in 10 hours and you were sober? I suppose that is possible if you weigh enough or if you're an alcoholic LOL. According to this site Miller Lite has 4.2% alcohol in it which is the same as Bud Light and slightly more than Coors Light. As for me I'm just a casual drinker so drinking 2 light beers per hour will definitely get me buzzed.

If you're drinking beer over a 10 hour period you can drink yourself sober. Not sober enough to drive of course and pass a breathalizer but literally sober in your actions.

They remind me that we did alot of walking as well -

I'll likely be demonstrating this once again at the Falcons game Sunday.

If you're drinking beer over a 10 hour period you can drink yourself sober. Not sober enough to drive of course and pass a breathalizer but literally sober in your actions.

They remind me that we did alot of walking as well -

I'll likely be demonstrating this once again at the Falcons game Sunday.

You can drink yourself sober, especially if you eat during. Food and light beer kill a buzz. Case in point, I was heading to a Tool concert, we had a hotel room. I probably had 5 Miller Lite's, had a nice buzz rollin', thinking I'll get two, maybe three 6 dollar beers at the show and be great!! We decided to grab a bite....I didn't overeat or anything, but it wasn't the same "buzz" I had prior. I ended up drinking more than I planned...point is, for me...eat before the heavy drinking starts....don't kill the buzz in the middle.

204 plus or minus 2 lbs - but I wasn't driving anywhere. When you're going to drink on a mission you arrange transportation prior to the event.

I'm really looking forward to the 1st Falcons tailgate this year. T minus 4 days and counting.

Hey we're the same weight I'm 202 - 206 on any given day although I'm trying to get down to 187. Of course I'm only 5'7 but I'm pretty muscular so I don't look like a fat ass.

I'm sorry that the 1st Falcons tailgate won't end well for you ;)

Hey we're the same weight I'm 202 - 206 on any given day although I'm trying to get down to 187. Of course I'm only 5'7 but I'm pretty muscular so I don't look like a fat *ss.

I'm sorry that the 1st Falcons tailgate won't end well for you ;)

You had the chance to rub it in my face all game long and you wussed out

LOL

I'm not a gambling man and I'm damn sure not about to make that long drive back to Houston after a loss!

I certainly don't think this game will come down to a FG but if it did here is where you always have an open invitation to attend a Falcons game Mr Dolfan

Edited by gsuteke