• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks players impressed by Teague in practice

jerrywest

Sekou: (deep inside one of his blogs)

Look for more stuff on what I’ve seen this week in Friday’s and Sunday’s papers, as well as on ajc.com. Interesting stuff going on at the practice court this week. The crowds are expected to get bigger next week.

Teague has been impressive (as have all the Hawks’ returnees). But everyone’s watching the young fella to see what he can do. His older teammates are getting their first real glimpse of his game and they all seem to be impressed.

Again, more on that in the next couple of days.

• Moderators

I am geeked as much as everyone else is regarding the Teague pieces. So, just to get my head wrapped around this – why did 6 PG’s go before him Flynn, Curry, Jennings, Rubio, Holiday, and Lawson? Is it he is a tweener with a questionable shot - that's what I remember?

I think this was an exceptionally deep draft at PG and Teague was viewed as not being a real or pass-first PG by a lot of people. The numbers certainly support that view. Rubio, Jennings and Holiday were he 3 younger guys who had a better pedigree and more "upside" for stardom. Hopefully, he will be a steal for us. Everything sounds great so far (as it frequently does in the pre-season).