• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SEC Football

jy23

The bowl system as is doesn't really give us good matchups in my opinion...like the Florida Cincy matchup from last year...HORRIBLE!!!!! Whoever is in charge of making these matchups needs to be fired so we can get some decent games from now on. Especially with them putting Boise and TCU against each other last year...that was just a complete cop out, let them go against the big boys and mix things up, that game last year just made me really hate the BCS system....it was like they did everything they could to avoid anymore controversy and avoid talks of a playoff because if they had put Boise n TCU against other teams and they both won all hell would have broken loose so they just punked out....the BCS takes some of the fun out of college football for me

The only way to change is if the ratings drop. People are too addicted to stop watching the bowls.

If they see Boise St in the BCS Championship Game and it gets lower ratings then the Rose or Sugar Bowl that MIGHT be enough to get their attention.

Another would be if people refuse to sell out the game.

The only way you get attention with this is to hit them in wallet.

The only way to change is if the ratings drop. People are too addicted to stop watching the bowls.

If they see Boise St in the BCS Championship Game and it gets lower ratings then the Rose or Sugar Bowl that MIGHT be enough to get their attention.

Another would be if people refuse to sell out the game.

The only way you get attention with this is to hit them in wallet.

You are correct my good sir but I doubt any of that happens....we all love college football to much to just not watch, even tho I hate the BCS as is its all we have right now so Im going to watch....and I think thats the way most people feel and as long as its like that the BCS could care less :shake_puter:

You are correct my good sir but I doubt any of that happens....we all love college football to much to just not watch, even tho I hate the BCS as is its all we have right now so Im going to watch....and I think thats the way most people feel and as long as its like that the BCS could care less :shake_puter:

I disagree......the states that make up the SEC are very different from the rest of the country in so many different aspects.

If a 1 loss SEC Champion is left out of the game so that a team that did not beat more then 1 ranked team can get a shot then I think we may logically see boycotts of the "BCS Title Game" across Southeast.( SC, TN, GA, AL, LA, MS, & AK.) I did not include Florida b/c 2/3 of that state is made of a snow birds.

I could see a grass roots movement starting......espcially if that team is Alabama (defending champion) or Auburn (already cheated once by being left out when they were undefeated.)

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

With a playoff you will still have people complaining about who gets in, just on a different level.

It is fundamentally different to me in two respects. (1) You will never have an undefeated team (that played a remotely credible schedule) without a shot at the national championship. You will never again have an "Auburn" situation. (2) The complaints about who is the 8th or 9th best team (in an 8 team playoff) or the 16th or 17th team (in a 16 team playoff) are much less meaningful than the complaints about who should be the only two participants in the championship game. In a playoff system, if you end up with an "unworthy" getting in like Oklahoma circa 2005 (lost to USC 55 - 19) you still have the chance for better qualified teams to have their say.

To me, it is a fundamental difference to have the top 6 teams in contention for the title versus the top 2 teams as selected by pollsters who can't even see all games and who use arbitrary criteria and computers. Who the last couple teams are that get into a playoff is less significant than the fact that few truly elite teams will get their shot every year.

It is fundamentally different to me in two respects. (1) You will never have an undefeated team (that played a remotely credible schedule) without a shot at the national championship. You will never again have an "Auburn" situation. (2) The complaints about who is the 8th or 9th best team (in an 8 team playoff) or the 16th or 17th team (in a 16 team playoff) are much less meaningful than the complaints about who should be the only two participants in the championship game. In a playoff system, if you end up with an "unworthy" getting in like Oklahoma circa 2005 (lost to USC 55 - 19) you still have the chance for better qualified teams to have their say.

To me, it is a fundamental difference to have the top 6 teams in contention for the title versus the top 2 teams as selected by pollsters who can't even see all games and who use arbitrary criteria and computers. Who the last couple teams are that get into a playoff is less significant than the fact that few truly elite teams will get their shot every year.

+100