• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks #9 in the Power Rankings

capstone21

ESPN has posted their first set of power rankings and we land at # 9.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2010&week=-1

It is nice to actually get some respect from the media. Usually they would put all the west teams ahead of us.

Yes! Guess after two straight playoff appearances they are getting tired of being wrong and have finally seen the light. We will be improved; and if Shaq comes in and can only give as much physically as he did during his 1st year at Phoenix we might catch the Cavs. Neither Shaq or Ilgauskas are getting any younger....say goodbye to LeBron, Cleveland.

Yes! Guess after two straight playoff appearances they are getting tired of being wrong and have finally seen the light. We will be improved; and if Shaq comes in and can only give as much physically as he did during his 1st year at Phoenix we might catch the Cavs. Neither Shaq or Ilgauskas are getting any younger....say goodbye to LeBron, Cleveland.

It's just one dude though, Mark Stein. It's not ESPN, or even a collaborative effort from numerous "experts" from the network. Still nice to see....

The Hawks as an organization and individual players are getting a good bit of positive press over the summer. I think that more and more, sports writers are seeing what the team actually is: a group of very talented, young vets.

I have seen both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams touted as players to watch this up coming season. If either one can have that break out season they are being tagged to have, I really think this team is top 3 in the East, just behind Cleveland and Orlando. That's right I think we are better than an aging, and possibly injured, Celtics team. The only problem is that the Hawks won't be able to get a top 3 seed because of Orlando.

The Hawks as an organization and individual players are getting a good bit of positive press over the summer. I think that more and more, sports writers are seeing what the team actually is: a group of very talented, young vets.

I have seen both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams touted as players to watch this up coming season. If either one can have that break out season they are being tagged to have, I really think this team is top 3 in the East, just behind Cleveland and Orlando. That's right I think we are better than an aging, and possibly injured, Celtics team. The only problem is that the Hawks won't be able to get a top 3 seed because of Orlando.

Yeah, we're getting some love from the media in the pre-season. But, I'm such a cynic about lofty expectations before I see the product on the court...this hype is irrevalant. I know Orlando made it to the Finals, and is a force to be reckoned with, but losing Hedo leaves a huge ? in my mind. He was the cog in that machine, and he's gone. Point being, just because Vnce Carter replaced Hedo (which seems like an upgrade) doesn't equal more wins. Just like adding Jamal Crawford doesn't necessarily mean he will be more influential than Flip.

Yeah, we're getting some love from the media in the pre-season. But, I'm such a cynic about lofty expectations before I see the product on the court...this hype is irrevalant. I know Orlando made it to the Finals, and is a force to be reckoned with, but losing Hedo leaves a huge ? in my mind. He was the cog in that machine, and he's gone. Point being, just because Vnce Carter replaced Hedo (which seems like an upgrade) doesn't equal more wins. Just like adding Jamal Crawford doesn't necessarily mean he will be more influential than Flip.

I am not looking at our team through rose colored glasses either. Just basing my opinion on the last two seasons substantial improvement (playoffs baby!). We could have played better against Cleveland with a healthy team and that is not making excuses. Cleveland was the better team but at least healthy we would have played better. Crawford vs Flip I think worse case is a wash and now that we are another year older I see at least five more wins for us!

Cannot wait for the season to start!

Boston still as Rondo who is better all of the guards on this team with the exception of Joe (for now) and they had some young big men that stepped up in the playoffs last year.

• Like 1