• Juan Dixon
  • Othello Hunter
  • Aaron Miles
  • Frank Robinson
  • Garret Siler
  • Courtney Sims
  • Mario West
  • Mike Wilks

This, by far, is the best looking training camp roster - on paper - that I have seen take the court for the Hawks in a long time. Personally, I would like to see Othello and/or Siler make the club. And....sign Stackhouse. We can debate all we want about where Stack's minutes may or may not come from if we wereto sign him, but that's Woody's job. From a fan's perspective, I see another talented veteran that can still play (so I hear), so I see no reason why we shouldn't bring him in if available. Suddenly, we don't seem so young anymore. Sure the nucleus is still very young, but our road woes are going to be better with the vets we've added already. Throw Jerry in the mix!

If I have to take a guess, Mario West and Garret Siler (or Othello) will be signed out of the group. Mario West just has too big of a heart and too determine to give up his spot from last year. The coaches and our current players love him. His time with us before will definitely sway the decision on who to sign his way.

I think signing Othello or Siler would be good as well. I would much rather see the Hawks sign Siler since he seems like a player that likes to work hard and will battle for minutes. Plus, we wouldn't have to worry about being undersize if one of our main bigs go down. I wouldn't mind hearing Othello get signed since he's reportedly improved a lot since last year. The one thing he doesn't have that Siler has though is size.

If I have to take a guess, Mario West and Garret Siler (or Othello) will be signed out of the group. Mario West just has too big of a heart and too determine to give up his spot from last year. The coaches and our current players love him. His time with us before will definitely sway the decision on who to sign his way.

I think signing Othello or Siler would be good as well. I would much rather see the Hawks sign Siler since he seems like a player that likes to work hard and will battle for minutes. Plus, we wouldn't have to worry about being undersize if one of our main bigs go down. I wouldn't mind hearing Othello get signed since he's reportedly improved a lot since last year. The one thing he doesn't have that Siler has though is size.

I love him too. He's instant energy and stiffling defense. Any coach would love him. But, it;s the NBA. I have to say, if Jerry Stackhouse was available (for a team that snatched homecourt last year), you have to make room for him - even at the expense of Mario. The benefits of having Jerry Stackhouse over Mario West are apparent.

I love him too. He's instant energy and stiffling defense. Any coach would love him. But, it;s the NBA. I have to say, if Jerry Stackhouse was available (for a team that snatched homecourt last year), you have to make room for him - even at the expense of Mario. The benefits of having Jerry Stackhouse over Mario West are apparent.

I just stopped and remembered...Wasn't Sund working in the Detroit front office when Stack was there? So if anything he knows Stack more than any of us does yet still no invite, that says something to me. Beyond that, at this stage of his career Stack doesn't offer anything more than Crawful does just far worse and doesn't even improve over Mo. Over Mario? Yes because I feel the novelty of having the GT scrub is over unless he really put in work this summer to be a candidate for MIP but I would much rather have neither of them.

Looking at the camp invites I've noticed there aren't any big guards or swingmen on the list either so that could be part of why Stack isn't invited. That says to me that the team is confident having Joe, Craw, Marvin, Mo and *sigh* even Smoove holding down the wing positions.

If we get two out of that group, I like Miles' and Rio's chances best.

It'd be great if Siler, Sims, and Othello can be stashed away in the D-League.

~lw3

You can't "stash" away the MVP of the D league. Courtney Sims dominated the minor leagues. Othello was good enough not to be there in the first place. Those are three bigs we shouldn't dismiss to bring Mario back. We don't need guards. We need depth, especailly BIG depth.