• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Okay....so when is the first Atlanta HS hookup?

HawkItus

I mean some of the personalities on this site have to translate to real life no? I propose a HS hookup before the season at D&B or Ten Pen Alley etc. sometime before the season starts. Anybody interested?

I am hoping to be moved there in the next month or so. I already do the Falcons Home Opener meetups, so i'd love to come down.

What about the Taco Mac behind Philips before games?

Edited by Duff_Man

I am hoping to be moved there in the next month or so. I already do the Falcons Home Opener meetups, so i'd love to come down.

What about the Taco Mac behind Philips?

Taco Mac is good as well. In general I'm thinking a place where people won't be forced to spend more money than they would like to, considering the economy and all.

We've done Gorin's in CNN Center in the past.

I'll be happy to put a thread together and make this happen again.

I didn't go to a single game last year - criminal.

thats whats up, I'm looking foward to it. Side note......U didn't go to ONE game last year gsuteke?

I mean some of the personalities on this site have to translate to real life no? I propose a HS hookup before the season at D&B or Ten Pen Alley etc. sometime before the season starts. Anybody interested?

Many of us live an hour or so outside of Atlanta.

I would definately meet up before a game at Gorins or Taco Mac...................just not worth the drive if your not there any way for the actual game.

I live in Augusta (which is no excuse) and between a new baby and the Falcons I just didn't make it.

But we did have an EXCELLENT time conversing back and forth the last one we got together. When you meet Squawkers you'll be amazed at how different we all are in respect to our individual backgrounds but we all find common ground in the Hawks.

Edited by gsuteke

I live in Augusta (which is no excuse) and between a new baby and the Falcons I just didn't make it.

But we did have an EXCELLENT time conversing back and forth the last one we got together. When you meet Squawkers you'll be amazed at how different we all are in respect to our individual backgrounds but we all find common ground in the Hawks.

So you can make it to 1 of 8 Falcons games but you can't make it to 1 of 41 Hawks games, not including the playoffs? Well at least we know where your loyalties lie.

Augusta? lol ok I guess i understand that!

So you can make it to 1 of 8 Falcons games but you can't make it to 1 of 41 Hawks games, not including the playoffs? Well at least we know where your loyalties lie.

I think I made 7 Falcons games last year plus 1 on the road in Carolina.

When the Hawks start playing on Sunday afternoons at 1 o'clock and we get enough Squawkers together to put together a beer and grilling tailgate I'll see you every Sunday home game. You can't compare the two experiences. There's no sense of comraderie to me at Phillips.

It's easier to watch basketball at home.

Traceman can speak on this issue easier than I can - he's got season tickets to both the Falcons and Hawks.

I think I made 7 Falcons games last year plus 1 on the road in Carolina.

When the Hawks start playing on Sunday afternoons at 1 o'clock and we get enough Squawkers together to put together a beer and grilling tailgate I'll see you every Sunday home game. You can't compare the two experiences. There's no sense of comraderie to me at Phillips.

It's easier to watch basketball at home.

Traceman can speak on this issue easier than I can - he's got season tickets to both the Falcons and Hawks.

I agree that the 2 atmospheres are totally different.....can't deny that. But I think we should pick like 2 big games out of the year or just a couple that are convenient for most people and bring our own comraderie to Phillips. Its to many of us on here in the atlanta area to not do something at a game. With the great minds on this website I'm pretty sure we can think of something.

Let's pick a Saturday game.

Also let's pick out a section. You can call ticketmaster and actually request a section when you talk to a real person.

Sounds good to me.

Sat Nov 7 Denver 7:00

Sat Nov 14 New Orleans 7:00

Sat Jan 29 Boston 7:30

The Boston game stands out obviously but it's 4 months off as well. Denver or New Orleans looks like the trick. I'll work on finding someone at the ticket office or promotions dept and see if we can get a HS night on the 7th or 14th.

Remind me to work on that tomorrow.

Sat Nov 7 Denver 7:00

Sat Nov 14 New Orleans 7:00

Sat Jan 29 Boston 7:30

The Boston game stands out obviously but it's 4 months off as well. Denver or New Orleans looks like the trick. I'll work on finding someone at the ticket office or promotions dept and see if we can get a HS night on the 7th or 14th.

Remind me to work on that tomorrow.

Cool

• Premium Member

Well I'd be happy to share the cost of a hotel room with you as my wife will have 0 interest in this and I don't need to drive my drunk butt home that night.

Thanks, man. I might give that some thought, but I've gotta get a job first. LOL.

Weird times in my household.