• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's fill the Hawksquawk Gallery with Hawks pics

Admin

In case some of you aren't aware we have a "Gallery" feature here on Hawksquawk that allows us to upload images to it. To this point it has gone almost completely unused, except for the girly pictures that a couple of members posted in the now defunct members gallery (more on that later). So what I'd like to do is to challenge all of our Hawksquawk members to post pictures of players, coaches, Philips arena, etc. to the gallery so that we can have a nice library of images to choose from whenever we want to use them without having to scour the internet. I've started this off by posting the pictures from the Hawks media day that Pimp was kind enough to post for us so let's keep it going. I'd prefer if we only upload decent to high quality images but you're free to upload any Hawks related image that you want and it's very much appreciated.

To access the gallery you can click on the "Gallery" button up in the gray navigation bar or click the following link. http://www.hawksquaw...ats&do=sc&cat=4

Oh and there is a really cool new feature with this new gallery that I've upgraded to which allows you to bulk upload a zip file of images all at once which should make it easier on you as you can just zip up your Hawks pics and upload that one file. It can take a few minutes if you have a lot of pics since it's creating thumbnails while it's uploading them but don't worry the feature does work as I used it on the media day images that I mentioned previously. Update - some people may have trouble with the bulk upload feature and might have to upload images one at a time.

As to the aforementioned members gallery, I have decided to remove it since I'd like to be able to use "random image" blocks on other parts of the site like the new homepage that is coming as well as on the forum index and when there are a ton of non work safe images on there I can't do that. So my apologies go to those members who uploaded those images and I hope you'll understand why this decision was made.

Thanks to all for your participation and I hope that this will be a success. As always if you have any difficulty using this feature please let me know.

I mean I can't photoshop and stuff like u can but I did upload a couple! lol

My bad for putting everything into those groups but they were the only 2 there when i was uploading them.

My bad for putting everything into those groups but they were the only 2 there when i was uploading them.

Oh yeah no worries I created the extra categories since it seemed like they were needed.

I did notice that all of the images that you uploaded were tiny though. Is that all you had were thumbnails or did they not upload properly?

Oh yeah no worries I created the extra categories since it seemed like they were needed.

I did notice that all of the images that you uploaded were tiny though. Is that all you had were thumbnails or did they not upload properly?

All I had were thumbnails. Ill put up better ones tomorrow

I love the picture of Marvin taking down Rondo from the playoffs. One because I always thought Marvin tried to break his fall somewhat - and the picture sure looks like he's trying to break his fall by grabbing him - and two, look at Rondo's right arm! The definition of his muscles getting ready to break his fall! Pretty cool...

^ i have to go back and edit it--- but here is a rough idea ... if anybody wants something done with this one let me know.

BTW- what is up with marvin? you can't find a high-res pic of him as a Hawk if your life depended on it... (unless you count that black and white desktop background).

^ i have to go back and edit it--- but here is a rough idea ... if anybody wants something done with this one let me know.

BTW- what is up with marvin? you can't find a high-res pic of him as a Hawk if your life depended on it... (unless you count that black and white desktop background).

Nice job, feel free to upload it to the wallpapers section of the gallery if you'd like.

I use yahoo photos to get some decent photos of the players. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/atl/photos