• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What will you be looking at most during Hawk preseason games?

TheNorthCydeRises

For me it's easy.

Josh Smith.

I want to see if he's gonna be true to his word, and depend less on his long range outside shot and play closer to the basket.

- Has he worked on making the 15 foot jumper?

- Is he attacking more?

- Is he more active around the offensive glass?

- Has he tried to develop one "go-to" post move?

- Can he shoot 50%+ FG in the preseason?

My eyes are on him.

Edited by northcyde

For me it's easy.

Josh Smith.

I want to see if he's gonna be true to his word, and depend less on his long range outside shot and play closer to the basket.

- Is he attacking more?

My eyes are on him.

I don't expect Josh to be very active tomorrow.Not after tweaking his ankle yesterday, the hand injury.He will most liky avoid contact.

I will looking at all the new guys. Jeff, Jamal, Joe , and Jason.

I'm very exited about seeing if Teague is the real deal.

I don't expect Josh to be very active tomorrow.Not after tweaking his ankle yesterday, the hand injury.He will most liky avoid contact.

I will looking at all the new guys. Jeff, Jamal, Joe , and Jason.

I'm very exited about seeing if Teague is the real deal.

We have a lot of J's on the roster. J's and M's.

Anyway, the young, unproven guys are the only ones who really interest me in the preseason. But overall NBA preseason is just a bunch of nothing.

We have a lot of J's on the roster. J's and M's.

Anyway, the young, unproven guys are the only ones who really interest me in the preseason. But overall NBA preseason is just a bunch of nothing.

That's the thing though. Woody has always placed high emphasis on the preseason, especially winning preseason games, to establish a rhythm in which to start the regular season.

Last preseason, all eyes were on Marvin, and we got a glimpse then of his newly developed 3-point shot.

Even Acie Law had a decent preseason last year. He just reverted back into the timid Acie, once the seasn started. Woody was giving him over 15 minutes a game to start the year, but he just didn't take advantage of it.

Chemistry..Camaraderie when Teague and/or Crawford are on the floor ...is the team high fiving and waving towels for each other or staring with looks of blame for a missed shot or assignment. Positive reinforcment is one thing; to much of the negative crap can rub teammates wrong....

With Crawford being a volume shooter and Teague a rookie, this is something to look at for the whole season.

Edited by Buzzard

I'm looking at Al, first. He regressed last season. I want to see if he is bonafide for sure. Can he hold his own in the paint. Last season Big Baby abused him when it was important, then he was injured. Is he man enough for the position.

Secondly I'm looking at the invitees. I want Woody to provide an opportunity for those guys to truly "work their way" into a contract.

Third, Marvin. Will he come completely out of the shadows of potential and be beastly.

Edited by Swatguy

I'm looking at Al, first. He regressed last season.

How did he regress ?

His PPG were up, FG % was up, BPG were up, APG were up, and turnovers per game were down. All of that sounds like progression..........not regression.

His rebounds fell by by 0.4 rpb but that is pretty miniscule to claim the guy regressed last year.

Edited by coachx

How did he regress ?

His PPG were up, FG % was up, BPG were up, APG were up, and turnovers per game were down. All of that sounds like progression..........not regression.

His rebounds fell by by 0.4 rpb but that is pretty miniscule to claim the guy regressed last year.

I can't dispute stats. However, It seems to me be did not progress. He continued to have foul problem in 1st quarters and led him to the bench in many 2nd quarters. On the bench in 4th quarters. He never ever established himself offensively in the paint or elsewhere. His rebounding is good and his break aways from rebounds. Had Zaza not stepped up and re-established himself, Al would have been left naked. He was no threat in the paint and defensively he was abused many times.

Now he is young and has a chance, but after the promise of his draft position and rookie season performance, he regressed.

Since it's pre season and the most I expect to see will be the box scores, here's the tinigs

that will interest me.

Free throw % for the Hawks AND who is hitting them and who ain't.

(Some one please tell these $$$$ players, free throws count, too!)

Again, checking the box score, who played a lot of minutes and who didn't. If minutes were short

and no foul trouble shows, was he hurt? Or, did he simply not play. Too many of these run

togrther, we begin to question, what's going on?

Shouldn't see a lot of consecutive ---Did not play, coaches decision - - on any one player. Pre season

is not the proper time to keep the dog house occupied. (When is the time, really?)

Can't tell about how players really looked in competition and how they blend together. Have to depend

on written reports from eye witnesses. But, some things you come to look for just reading the box score.

:write a letter:

For me it's easy.

Josh Smith.

- Is he attacking more?

My eyes are on him.

After watching the practice and digested what I saw, Josh is That exploding force capable of making the biggest difference from 4-5 seed to contending in the east.