• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Stadium for The Falcons

Wurider05

My link

I think that a new Georgia dome would be an awesome idea. I think that it would be stupid to have two massive structures like that down town. I hope that they go with a retractable roof because these fair weather fans will not show up for a game if it is raining. It is kind of a shame because the Ga dome isn't even 20 years old yet.

My link

I think that a new Georgia dome would be an awesome idea. I think that it would be stupid to have two massive structures like that down town. I hope that they go with a retractable roof because these fair weather fans will not show up for a game if it is raining. It is kind of a shame because the Ga dome isn't even 20 years old yet.

The other site is the old GM plant at 285 and P'tree Industrial. There are a lot of advantages to the GM site: more parking, ability to create green space, near two major interstates and an airport. MARTA is already there as well.

I've always hated the dome. Give me real grass, real weather, and the smells of taligating for a football game. The dome is just an auditorium- dull.

I doubt they'll build a new dome for a while. It is structurally sound. There's no real reason to build a new one right now however awesome it would be.

Hmm.. The idea to build it at the old GMT plant isn't a bad idea. Would be nice to have one of the major sports teams north of town, but I'm a little bias. If they do build a new one I'd like it to be dual use between football and soccer... I think MLS would do well in Atlanta, especially in the area you suggested.

As a season ticket-holder, I personally love the comforts of a Dome. With games going threw December it makes the game watching expierence very comfortable..........we Georgians do not like the cold.

The Dome is vital to the survival of down-town Atlanta. The huge concerts through the winter, The Final 4, Peach Bowl, SEC / ACC Kickoff Classic, The Super Bowl all only come here if there is a Dome.

If they build a cheaper outdoor stadiam in the suburbs we will never host another Final 4 or Superbowl again.

The city of Atlanta will fight hard to keep it in downtown. They would lose TONS of revenue if it moves to the burbs. I would question a new stadium being built on the West-side of Atlanta. It seems the East-side of Atlanta is far more developed and populated but that probabaly makes property more expensive and harder to come by.

Moving to the burbs does have its perks. You would be in a better and safer area would be the main perk but I prefer to keep it downtown.

Hopefully the economy can turn around so we can afford a modern Indoor / Outdoor Stadium. Of course an outdoor stadium is the cheapest option but get ready for an empty stadium come December.........we Southerners can't take the cold.

Edited by coachx

As a season ticket-holder, I personally love the comforts of a Dome. With games going threw December it makes the game watching expierence very comfortable..........we Georgians do not like the cold.

The Dome is vital to the survival of down-town Atlanta. The huge concerts through the winter, The Final 4, Peach Bowl, SEC / ACC Kickoff Classic, The Super Bowl all only come here if there is a Dome.

If they build a cheaper outdoor stadiam in the suburbs we will never host another Final 4 or Superbowl again.

The city of Atlanta will fight hard to keep it in downtown. They would lose TONS of revenue if it moves to the burbs. I would question a new stadium being built on the West-side of Atlanta. It seems the East-side of Atlanta is far more developed and populated but that probabaly makes property more expensive and harder to come by.

Moving to the burbs does have its perks. You would be in a better and safer area would be the main perk but I prefer to keep it downtown.

Hopefully the economy can turn around so we can afford a modern Indoor / Outdoor Stadium. Of course an outdoor stadium is the cheapest option but get ready for an empty stadium come December.........we Southerners can't take the cold.

The old GM plant is Dunwoody, so, yeah I guess the city would loose out. But it's really not a burb site.

I think the plan calls for a 1 billion dollar retractable roof stadium. Not as elaborate as the Taj ma Jerry, but I bet it would be really nice.

I didn't mind the December games at AFC stadium- I sort of liked them.

The GM site is too far out. One of the great things about Atlanta is that all of the venues are down town. Crime isn't as bad as people make it out to be. IF they plan on keeping the dome then they need to build an open air stadium as the DOme is till very viable and is one of the larger domes structures on the world. It just opened up in 1992!!! Blank is concerned because the Falcons are at the bottom of the league in terms of value because he doesn't on the stadium. The Cowboy's new stadium adds another billion dollars to their value. They may probably just end up upgrading the Dome for a couple 100 million because it is a very sound structure!!

The GM site is too far out. One of the great things about Atlanta is that all of the venues are down town. Crime isn't as bad as people make it out to be. IF they plan on keeping the dome then they need to build an open air stadium as the DOme is till very viable and is one of the larger domes structures on the world. It just opened up in 1992!!! Blank is concerned because the Falcons are at the bottom of the league in terms of value because he doesn't on the stadium. The Cowboy's new stadium adds another billion dollars to their value. They may probably just end up upgrading the Dome for a couple 100 million because it is a very sound structure!!

Too far out from where? W/out traffic it's 10 minutes up 85 from the Dome site. The advantage of the GM site is that there is ample room for tailgating.

I also don't get the open air debate. Wherever the new stadium is, it will have a retractable roof- so we get the best of both worlds.