• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress a Cav?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Josh Childress says that he nearly joined the Cavaliers this offseason.

Childress, who signed with Olympiacos in Greece last summer, told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Cavaliers and Hawks discussed a sign-and-trade before he decided to return overseas.

"The Cavs had some interest," Childress said. "I was very close, I had a timeline I had to be aware of, and that was the biggest issue, but I was close to coming back."

He is still a restricted free agent with Atlanta.

• Premium Member

No, D is right. The Cavs could have used their MLE on Chillz. But most likely we would have matched, which would have had a domino effect.

Do you really think we would have matched?

With Bigs to get,I think Sund would have let him go.

We were pretty clear on this early in the summer and Sekou and possibly Sund himself said it themselves that anything the MLE and below would be matched. This is why he had to go about finding a partner for a sign and trade because that would have been the only way for him to actually change teams short of a team with capspace overpaying for him. To sit here and wonder why all these teams with MLE capabilities didn't sign him while overlooking the obvious is a little hard to swallow.

Hopefully, it would've been something along the lines of . .

Chill ( signed at 6 mill per ) + Evans + Morris . . for Big Z ( and his expiring 11 million dollar contract next year )

I think that would'v been a good trade for both teams.

For the Cavs, you get a super athlete in Chill, that you could either use as a 6th man, or insert in the starting lineup alongside Lebron. With slashing and offensive rebounding being his strengths, he'd fit in well in Cleveland.

Mo would give then an additional shooter + a guy who can defend the 2 and the 3. The Cavs would possibly become an even better defensive team with those 2 additions.

For us, Big Z would give us a big body at center. If we made this trade, you're probably not talking about us adding Joe Smith and Jason Collins ( which would've been fine by me, because I don't think they're gonna help us much ).

But what I'm looking at, is the impact this may have on Al Horford. Because if you add Z to the squad, you now can put Horford as the backup PF. Now we can see what Al could really do with time at PF.

For the frontcourt minutes, I'm looking at something like:

C: Horford ( 16 min ) - Zaza & Big Z ( splitting 32 min )

PF: Smith ( 32 min ) - Horford ( 16 min )

With Z and Z, you give the most minutes to whichever Z is playing the best.

Of course, pairing those 2 on the same team would create endless nicknames:

- "ZZ Hawk" ( a play on the 80s rock band ZZ Top . . dress both of them up in long black beards and shades, for a video during the game )

- "Z-squared" ( an obvious nickname, with both of them having Z in their name )

- "Z2" ( or just go with Z2, with Zaza acting like Bono and Big Z playing guitar, mocking the band U2 )

- "the Z-Headed monster" ( a play on the nickname of the early 90s group of Chicago Bulls centers " the 3-headed monster )

- "Z and Z Music Factory" ( this might be gay as hell . . but have them lip-sync the old 90s hit from the rap/dance group C & C Music Factory . . have Zaza play the part of the shirtless rapper, and Big Z sing the chorus that the woman sung )

. . like I said, the nicknames would be endless with those 2

As for the departure of Evans, we'd now have to go out and sign a backup vet, but scrub SF. Or go with the alternative . . use JJ as the backup SF ( ala what we'd do with Horford at PF ) . . which would give Crawford more time at SG . . which would give Teague more time at PG.

Hopefully, it would've been something along the lines of . .

Chill ( signed at 6 mill per ) + Evans + Morris . . for Big Z ( and his expiring 11 million dollar contract next year )

I think that would'v been a good trade for both teams.

For the Cavs, you get a super athlete in Chill, that you could either use as a 6th man, or insert in the starting lineup alongside Lebron. With slashing and offensive rebounding being his strengths, he'd fit in well in Cleveland.

Mo would give then an additional shooter + a guy who can defend the 2 and the 3. The Cavs would possibly become an even better defensive team with those 2 additions.

For us, Big Z would give us a big body at center. If we made this trade, you're probably not talking about us adding Joe Smith and Jason Collins ( which would've been fine by me, because I don't think they're gonna help us much ).

But what I'm looking at, is the impact this may have on Al Horford. Because if you add Z to the squad, you now can put Horford as the backup PF. Now we can see what Al could really do with time at PF.

For the frontcourt minutes, I'm looking at something like:

C: Horford ( 16 min ) - Zaza & Big Z ( splitting 32 min )

PF: Smith ( 32 min ) - Horford ( 16 min )

With Z and Z, you give the most minutes to whichever Z is playing the best.

Of course, pairing those 2 on the same team would create endless nicknames:

- "ZZ Hawk" ( a play on the 80s rock band ZZ Top . . dress both of them up in long black beards and shades, for a video during the game )

- "Z-squared" ( an obvious nickname, with both of them having Z in their name )

- "Z2" ( or just go with Z2, with Zaza acting like Bono and Big Z playing guitar, mocking the band U2 )

- "the Z-Headed monster" ( a play on the nickname of the early 90s group of Chicago Bulls centers " the 3-headed monster )

- "Z and Z Music Factory" ( this might be gay as hell . . but have them lip-sync the old 90s hit from the rap/dance group C & C Music Factory . . have Zaza play the part of the shirtless rapper, and Big Z sing the chorus that the woman sung )

. . like I said, the nicknames would be endless with those 2

As for the departure of Evans, we'd now have to go out and sign a backup vet, but scrub SF. Or go with the alternative . . use JJ as the backup SF ( ala what we'd do with Horford at PF ) . . which would give Crawford more time at SG . . which would give Teague more time at PG.

It would have been a good trade(with a Pick).

I'm pretty sure you guys are all wasting your time wondering about this as I believe Chillz is just trying to keep his stock high.

A friend of mine who knows someone in player personnel for the Hawks told him that nobody wanted him, although we wanted to get some sort of deal for him. I'm sorry I can't site this, because it was simply a conversation.

Poor Chillz