• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's in your profile?

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

There's no identity crisis for Hawks swingman Marvin Williams. He knows exactly who he is.

There's no identity crisis for Hawks swingman Marvin Williams. He knows exactly who he is. But what do other think of the starting small forward? Find out inside.

HAWKSVILLE – The questions rolled off the tongue much easier than the answer.

I asked Marvin Williams the other day, “Who are you as a player, what’s your profile around the league?”

After rubbing his head for a second and smiling, Williams looked me dead in the eye and said, “I don’t worry about stuff like that. You’d have to ask someone else about that.”

Good idea Marv.

A quick phone call to a friend (a NBA All-Star turned pundit these days) offered up an interesting answer.

“Marvin Williams is their x-factor,” he said. “He’s the key to their season if you ask me. I think Marvin has to be the guy because he’s a 6-9, 240-pound guy that plays what I think is the most crucial position in the league these days. Whatever position the best player in the league plays, every guy on every other team that plays …

View the full article

Did you know Marvin is 7 months younger than rookie Tyler Hansbrough?

Great point.

Tyler Hansbrough - Born Nov 3, 1985

Considered a polished product coming out of college

Hawks younger than Hansbrough by oldest to youngest

Josh Smith - Born Dec 5, 1985

Randolph Morris - Born Jan 2, 1986

Al Horford - Born Jun 3, 1986

Marvin Williams - Born July 19, 1986

Jeff Teague - Born Jun 10, 1988

and if you want to get stupid with it, Garrett Siler was born Oct 25, 1986

When you look at those 5, you start to get an appreciation not only for how good these Hawks are, but for how good they will eventually be. Most players don't reach their peak until after age 25. All of these players are 23 or younger.