• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So the NBA is officially allowing traveling now? . . LOL

TheNorthCydeRises

Yeah NBA.

So they're officially changing the rule about how many steps you can take after you catch the ball, while you're on the move. Instead of one step, it's officially 2 steps now.

The league claims that they have ALWAYS instructed officials to IGNORE the one-step rule, and allow 2 steps. Imagine that . . lol. They didn't bother to tell the fans, or the players I guess.

In most cases, the time in which you catch the ball, and if your foot is down on the floor . . that's considered one step. Your next step is the 2nd step. Then you have to shoot, pass, or stop.

But since the league has long ignored that rule, they're finally validating why moves like the "2 step, then jump stop" and the Lebron "catch the ball at the top of the 3 point arc, take 3 steps, and dunk" move, are almost never called as a travel.

They bet not ever call another traveling call, if a guy is on the move. I want Smoove getting his 3 steps going to the hole.

I am glad they are changing the rule book to rules they will actually enforce. Not enforcing your own rules is a travesty.

I agree but still like the one step rule. Walking with the damn ball is ugly as hell IMO. But yea at least they are admitting their mistake and fixing it.

Wonder if they are going to create a Shaq rule now; where contact initiated downlow within 10ft of the basket on a player with his feet set is not a foul. Use to bug the hell out of me that everyone said Vlade flopped against Shaq. But to me if a guy has his feet set, you either go around him or shoot over him; not suppose to be able to push through him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I agree but still like the one step rule. Walking with the damn ball is ugly as hell IMO. But yea at least they are admitting their mistake and fixing it.

Wonder if they are going to create a Shaq rule now; where contact initiated downlow within 10ft of the basket on a player with his feet set is not a foul. Use to bug the hell out of me that everyone said Vlade flopped against Shaq. But to me if a guy has his feet set, you either go around him or shoot over him; not suppose to be able to push through him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree with all of this, including the bit with Shaq lowering his shoulder and going through people. With the force he delivered, can you imagine how hard someone like Nate Robinson or Spud Webb would have to windup and barrel into someone to deliver the same blow? Both players should be able to deliver blows of the same power but that wasn't the case with Shaq (who was allowed to do more than most people just because he was so big and strong that refs struggled to ref him).

On the traveling, I prefer the one step rule but I would rather have a rule that is enforced than a better rule that is ignored.

I am glad they are changing the rule book to rules they will actually enforce. Not enforcing your own rules is a travesty.

what's the point in changing the rules when the refs didn't enforce the original rules to begin with? so now instead of players taking 2 1/2 steps with the one step rule, they'll be taking 3 1/2 steps with the 2 step rule. i agree, not enforcing the rules is a travesty. but changing the rules to how players are allowed to play now won't change anything, they'll take every inch they're given (which i can't say that i blame them for). the refs need to step up their game and call a spade a spade. american players have a hard time playing international ball because the international officials will actually call traveling, offensive charges, etc. it's sad seeing the players whine about getting called for things that they aren't supposed to do.

:lol6: That video is an instant classic. 3 step of Dragon.

i liked his last shot, too.

just think of how many more great players there'd be if everyone was able to get away with everything he does. i think stern is really missing out here trying to put all his eggs in one basket.