• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

With 15 seconds to go what lineup do you send in?

jerrywest

Forget about starting line-up.

With 15 seconds to go and we are down 1 point and with the ball, what lineup do you send in?

Crawford

JJ

Marvin

Joe Smith (For Joe's mid range accuracy & guile, and Josh's free throw problems)

Horford (Clutch rebounder and finisher)

With 15 seconds to go and we are up 1 point and defending, what lineup do you send in?

Mario West

JJ

Marvin

Josh

Collins (Horford against small centers)

What's yours?

Offense:

Bibby

Crawford

JJ

Marvin

Horford

That gives shooting at 4 of 5 positions. This should open up a lane to the basket for Craw or JJ. In fact, I would go with Craw handling the ball and let JJ sit on the wing for the open 3. Bibby at the top of the arc for the outlet as well. You could also put Z in at center to get the offensive rebound if you wanted to put a wrinkle in the line up.

Defense:

Your ideas there seem pretty solid. Really depends on what Crawford shows in terms of defense as time progresses. I sure as heck wouldn't have Bibby in there.

Hmm on offense I would go

Bibby

Crawful

JJ

Marv

Joe Smith

I have JoS in there simply based on past production but I believe Horf could overtake him as a 15-18 foot shooter. Spread the floor out with Marvin and Bibby, have JoS/Horf set a screen for Joe/Crawful to go one on one with defenders unable to help off any of the other shooters.

On D

Mo

JJ

Marv

Josh

Horf

The PG position is hard, I don't expect Mario to make it, Bibby goes without saying, I like Crawful's length but his mind is on fastbreaking to the opposite basket rather than actually watching his man so that leaves Mo.

Depends on matchups.

Depends on who's hot and who's not.

And on whether Teague is for real or not. My best guess:

Offense:

Bibby

Crawford

JJ

Marvin

Joe or Horf depending strictly on who is having the better game

Defense:

Teague (hoping he is for real)

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Collins or Horf (same resoning as yours)

If I'm down 1:

Bibby

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

With this group, you not only have shooters on the floor, but you also have guys who will give you the best chance to get an offensive rebound. Of course, you want the ball in JJ's hands, running ISO JOE of course, and have him make the right play. He either shoots it, or kicks it out to Bibby or Marvin for an outside jumper.

If you miss, you have your best rebounders in the game to possibly put back a shot. A play probably isn't going to be run for a frontcourt player, so you need those guys to crash the boards to give us a possible 2nd chance at a basket.

If I'm up 1:

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

Marvin, Smoove, and Horford collectively are our best defending frontline. Horford is the guy most likelu to secure a defensive rebound, and Smoove is the guy most likely to alter or block a shot. So those 2 guys stay in, no matter what.

I'd go with Teague, especially if his "off the ball awareness" is better than Crawford's and Bibby's. Teague's quickness should enable him to possibly get steals and/or deflect passes. Most important, he "should" be able to stay in front of the quicker PGs in the league, forcing them to take a difficult shot.

Honestly though, the ideal situation would be to have Teague at the point, in that offensive group as well. Teague can penetrate and get to the hole. That causes major problems for a defense, when they know that they can't leave the shooters.

Crawford would be the obvious choice, if not for the fact that he will almost ALWAYS shoot that schizophrenic jumper at the end of games. He will NOT take it all the way to the hole. The Hawks may have to lose a few games ( with JC taking the last shot ), for people to realize this.