• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou article on Bibby (10/20/09)

jerrywest

• Premium Member

I hope this is true:

"My job is to make things happen, make sure everybody gets their shots where they want them and make sure everybody is happy."

If he gets everyone their shots, we could be very tough.

I know Bibby has a rep as a scoring PG, but didn't he avg 8 apg with the Grizz earlier in his career?

• Premium Member

Hawkman you know better than that, Bibby was a quick and fluid athlete back when. He can't do half, correction a quarter of what he could with Vancouver.

He may be quite a bit slower than he was back then, but I see no reason he shouldn't be able to set the team up like he used to with the Grizz. He averaged close to 5 assists while also having to be a scoring threat last season. If he looks to pass more this season, his assists will naturally increase. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think he can be a better distributor with more scoring threats around him.

I think people underrate Bibby's ability to set his teammates up. He is very efficient with the ball and doesn't force things too much. He gets 5 assists and doesn't handle the ball nearly as much as your average point guard. I think he's solid in his role, and asking him to do more would lessen his effectiveness.

He may be quite a bit slower than he was back then, but I see no reason he shouldn't be able to set the team up like he used to with the Grizz. He averaged close to 5 assists while also having to be a scoring threat last season. If he looks to pass more this season, his assists will naturally increase. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think he can be a better distributor with more scoring threats around him.

I don't see why he can't ever take a step inside the 3 pt. line like he used to but he doesn't do that anymore either.

I think people underrate Bibby's ability to set his teammates up. He is very efficient with the ball and doesn't force things too much. He gets 5 assists and doesn't handle the ball nearly as much as your average point guard. I think he's solid in his role, and asking him to do more would lessen his effectiveness.

Not me. It's simple. Woody's offense has never changed (I know, beating a dead horse), BUT look at where we were prior to Mike Bibby, and look what we've done since the day he arrived. It can't be debated. We finally turned the huge corner we've all been looking for since he put on the Hawks uni. It's not about Marvin, Smoove, Horf gaining experience = natural progression. The major part was bringing in Bibby who provided knowledge, leadership, and darn good jump shot. The team loves him! That speaks volumes towards your chemistry. Since he arrived, we've won, and look what it's got us at this point. The deepest Hawk team in a long time, mainly because players want to play for a winner. That stuff didn't happen prior to Bibby joining the club. It's not a coincidence.