• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What a gutless performance on National Television

gsuteke

The Hawks deserve to get flamed, flamed, and flamed again over this one.

Preseason to hell - there is absolutely no excuse for this type of gutless performance in the National Spotlight.

Why aren't they getting back on defense? Switching too much when Orlando set picks, taking too many jumpshots.

We have NO inside presence AT ALL. This team will go nowhere deep as long as teams can just waltz, walk, and shimmy into the lane without fear of getting their shot blocked or altered.

*Sigh*

We better be stroking it from 3 point land again this year...

Boy...

I sure am glad somebody started this thread. Because if I would have had to lead it off, it would have been laced with profanity.

How in the hell can you be intimidated in preseason?

They play like punks. I could see it in the first two possessions. I am cool with Howard being the best player on the floor. But joe is being out played by Vince Carter and this Alexander guy. Not to mention the embarassing fast break play where some guy I never seen before ran out alone 1 on 2 against joe and Bibby. He not only disrespected them by shooting the ball against the two of them. He then got his own rebound over them.

These punks... Teague RUNS THE COURT and gets an outstanding block and the Magic simply rebound and score because nobody else is running the court.

Crawford was the only one that did not seem scared. He may not have good stats but at least nobody is gonna punk him out of his game (for better or worse). The Magic are shooting like 80% from 3pt land and it is because they feel completely unthreatend.

Towards the end they were in the half court set with Crawford hanging out on the perimeter while they spent infinity trying to let joe post up. Damn joe. Give the ball to somebody that's not scared. Let joe get his when he changes his diaper.

To add salt to the wound... Running the clock down at the end of the half. Crawford is dribbling... and omg! Josh Smith comes out to set a ******* pick. Are you kidding me? Crawford does not need a pick to beat this guy or anybody else on their roster off the dribble. Let me guess. They double Crawford force the pass to Josh who is more than willing the "jack it where he catch it"

Stupid.

• Like 1

^^Lol, that is so classic. Epic really. Sad thing is, I cannot really disagree with much of it. These cats look like straight garbage out there. They better not run that crap out there when the games count or we will be in trouble.

Edited by TheTruth

The fan base needed a game like this I guess . . to smack us back down to reality. The defensive effort is what disappoints me the most. You'd think with this being a national TV game, that they'd be more jacked up for this one ( even if it's preseason ) Oh well.

Hawksquawk hasn't had much to bytch about since the Marvin signing. So I guess some can spew some venom at the team with this debacle.

( Note to JJ: It's games like these in which they say the things they say about you. Don't get outplayed on BOTH ENDS of the floor. This is why they want to pay you 14 mill, instead of 18 mill. )

I want to get upset then I remember it is a stupid pointless game with the Hawks on a back to back. First of all who the hell schedule back to back in the preseason and especially toward the end of it preseason? Nothing to take away from this game. If your trying to take something away from it then white%20flag.gif flag now and see you next year.

Edited by UltimaDragonReaver

I can't believe the Hawks are making my blood pressure rise on a preseason game. I swear I would fire Woody right this second if I had the power to. And Joe Johnson, hurry up and get the hell out of town. I am tired of him showing ZERO leadership and emotion on the floor. I know this is preseason but they just made themselves an absolute laughingstock on national tv. I am so disgusted.

Who in the hell is this Anderson guy?

Has anyone here heard of him before tonight? This guy's better than Blake Grifin.

He shot well against Atlanta last year, 36% from 3 on the season as a rookie. He averaged 13 ppg against us last year with New Jersey. He was part of the Carter trade, just another reason why that was such a great deal for Orlando.

Edited by exodus