• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

joe not even in Crawford's class... period.

Sasquatch

you can say it was just preseason, but what i saw out there truly disappointed me. i saw it in joes face, that he doesnt want to be here. i dont know what is going on with joe lately. but dont you guys realise joe went on a 2 month streak without hitting 20 pts.

now it is digracefully ovious that we are going to be embarassed in the bigmen department, yes the magic have assembled a jugarnaut. but man nobody swated a pass going to the basket and nobody even got a dunk ( and this is suppose to be a highflying atheletic team). which make me ask what did we get jason collins for.b/c that rocky balboa lookalike is going to be a joke against elite team.

this was my first time seeing teaugue 0-15 shooting are you kidding me and he is supposed to be better than acie law and the way that whole team just laid down like they didnt belong and you say we dont need flipp.

i didnt like the look in josh smith face after the game when he went to shake hands with howard. it reminded me of when an alpha male establishes dominance in the pack and the submissive dog rolls on the ground in front of him with his tail between his legs.thats the look i saw in smiths eyes. he could barely look howard in the face after that performance. but aint it funny josh smith allways seems to be the high scorer in theese type of games but we want to get rid of him.

i guess it just confirms that we need more players that the defense cant stay in front of that can get their on shots and for the life of me our we sure we cant find any 7 foot goons out thier instead of a guy that pump fakes like he has stalled gears (zaza)

i think Joe wants to go back crawling to Mike D'Antoni (He will never get that championship with him either) and he knows now that he bit off more than he could chew when he decided he wanted to be "The Man". Yes, I do think Joe wants to leave, but I just hope the Hawks get something decent out of the deal.

• Moderators

And you could also argue that the Hawks run by far the most basic and sad offense in basketball. I guarantee that if JJ were on another team that actually ran an NBA offense he'd be significantly better.

I agree on that 100%, but while I do think JJ's efficiency would be much higher for many other teams I also think that his overall numbers are higher on the Hawks than they would be on most teams because of the extraordinarily high number of touches he gets in our "system."

I agree on that 100%, but while I do think JJ's efficiency would be much higher for many other teams I also think that his overall numbers are higher on the Hawks than they would be on most teams because of the extraordinarily high number of touches he gets in our "system."

I agree. To me JJ is a little like Lamar Odom - he can be the "man" but would make a terrific number 2 guy on a real contender, where his efficiency and multitude of skills would be the perfect compliment to a superstar who is the focal point of the offense and opposing defenses. JJ has enough skills to take advantage of the relative lack of attention he would receive.

I think JJ is a good player not a great one. Great players don't pass the ball when the clocks winding down, they take the shot! I think what bothers me most times about JJ is his lack of emotion. He's not even cool with it, more stoic and emotionless. I'm not gonna jump off the JJ bandwagon just yet; I still think he's our best player. But then again, if our best player is not our leader, what does that say about our team...

• Moderators

Exactly! Not Jordan to Murray (no offense to Flip), esp when Jordan's defender is on his heels backing up! I'm just saying JJ doesn't have that killer instinct like most of the league's elite do.

I think it is more that he isn't on the level of a Lebron, Wade, or Kobe than he lacks the offensive killer instinct. Kobe has the most me-first attitude of the bunch and Lebron and JJ do have a greater tendency to pass off to someone with a better shot but look at Kobe's playoff fg% and see where that gets him. On the general point, I do think great players make the best decisions and that isn't always for them to take the shot.

With respect to JJ in particular, if I recall correctly, JJ hit more gamewinners a few years ago than any of those guys did over the course of the regular season so he isn't too shabby when the game is on the line, either. He isn't at their level of effectiveness, though.

I think it is more that he isn't on the level of a Lebron, Wade, or Kobe than he lacks the offensive killer instinct. Kobe has the most me-first attitude of the bunch and Lebron and JJ do have a greater tendency to pass off to someone with a better shot but look at Kobe's playoff fg% and see where that gets him. On the general point, I do think great players make the best decisions and that isn't always for them to take the shot.

With respect to JJ in particular, if I recall correctly, JJ hit more gamewinners a few years ago than any of those guys did over the course of the regular season so he isn't too shabby when the game is on the line, either. He isn't at their level of effectiveness, though.

JJ has amazing talent but is not a superstar, he's as good as one can be without seeming like two or three players in one like Dwight, Kobe, Bron, or CP3. He's a great player, but he's not elite. He is in the same league as a younger Ray Allen to me.

My point exactly. It's because he lacks that "killer instinct" that he will never be on that level. I think he has the talent to get to that level if he wanted to, but he doesn't have that drive to do it. I like the guy, I just don't know if he's the "leader" that we need to build the future of the Hawks around...

That being said, I hope he plays like he's in a contract year and the rest of the team catches his fire.

This is the dumbest topic i've evr heard.

if we all going to make our opinions on one game then so will I.

JJ will average 26 ppg this season, Horford will be 20/12 and will All-NBA and Josh Smith is now the smartest player on the hawks and the best passing PF in the league.

This is pretty much what your doing.

"Killer Instinct" that's just dumb. JJ isnst as good as Lebron James because he's just not as good. ya know I always thought Zaza would be better than LBJ but he just seems to lack that "killer instinct". It is now clear to me the Zaza isnt the best player in the league because he doesnt want to be. because as we all know anyone can be the best player in the league if they truly believe. what a load of crap.

There is a reason Crawford would be a bench player for any elite team. JJ is a better scorer, passer, defender, rebounder and he shoots a higher %.

First play of the season JJ makes a bad play and the Pacers are headed down the court but then JJ comes from behind and steals the ball and scores. That's effort. you dont have to wear your emotions on your sleave and freak out like KG to have heart.

• Like 2