• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Phillies vs Yankees

Admin

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure how many of you care about the world series this year but on paper this should be the most competitive world series in a long time with 2 very good teams playing each other.

Obviously I'm a Yankees fan and I've said for a while that we'll beat the Phillies in 6 and I'm sticking to that. So, who do you got?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how many of you care about the world series this year but on paper this should be the most competitive world series in a long time with 2 very good teams playing each other.

Obviously I'm a Yankees fan and I've said for a while that we'll beat the Phillies in 6 and I'm sticking to that. So, who do you got?

Ill do u one better, Yanks in 5

Ill do u one better, Yanks in 5

I'd love to see that happen but I don't see it. I think the series will come down to which ace wins more games with there being a chance that we'll see CC vs Lee 3 times if it goes the distance and since the Yankees have home field advantage I'll give CC 2 out of 3 if they match up 3 times otherwise it's a split there.

I really don't know. But I'm sure the Yankees will lose every game AJ Burnett pitches in

The Yankees are 2-1 with him pitching so far in the post-season and 2 out of 3 have gone to extra innings. The Yankees might lose the games that he pitches but there's nothing to back that theory up. In fact, outside of that one 4 run inning he had against the Angels in his 3rd start he's been very good. As it stands now he's given up 9 runs in 18 innings but take away that one crazy inning and it's 5 runs in 18 innings which is very respectable.

I wish the series didnt start till Thursday so I could enjoy opening night of basketball with the Hawks / Pacer game. I'll try to sneak a peek during commercials or maybe just tape it and watch it after the w.s. game.

I'd love to see that happen but I don't see it. I think the series will come down to which ace wins more games with there being a chance that we'll see CC vs Lee 3 times if it goes the distance and since the Yankees have home field advantage I'll give CC 2 out of 3 if they match up 3 times otherwise it's a split there.

For some reason I feel like Pedro is going to freeze up in game 2, I mean it has to happen at some point right? N if we can take a 2-0 lead to Philly I think that pressure along with the talent stacked on the Yanks roster could b to much for them. I give them game 3 n that's it. Cc comes back in game 4 n shuts em down n 3-1 just looks ugly n they tank. Probably wont happen but hey I'm an optimistic fan. Lol

I passionately HATE both teams. The only other baseball team I hate more than those two are the Dodgers (yeah, this post season sucked for me).

I voted Yankees in 7 due to homefield. The Yanks play very well in their new shrine.

Well the Phillies looked really good last night! I haven't seen Lee pitch since he was traded but that "spiked curveball" was some kind of nasty. I'm not sure when he developed that but I'm amazed that anyone can hit it.

Good thing the series is the best of 7 and not a single game that's for sure.

The Yankees need to get to Pedro early tonight to get the crowd into the game. Lee's performance last night was spectacular. I still think the Yanks are a better team than the Phillies, but not by much.

I expected a little more from the Phillies offense vs Sabathia. Raul really hurt us swinging at ball 4 with the bases loaded in the 1st inning because we should have got at least 2 runs there then CC settled down a little. Hopefully the long rest helped Utleys hip because it seemed like it did last night. If he is back in form I see no reason the Phillies shouldnt win tonight UNLESS THEY GET TOO FULL OF THEMSELVES or Burnett catches some of the magic Cliff Lee had going last night. Pedro is pretty crafty now and while I doubt we see anything like last night with Lee I think he is more than capable of giving the Phillies a great chance to win.

A s for the umpires I have two things to say, one is I cant belive it took them 5 minutes to figure out what any little league umpire would have called right and thats the double play on the Rollins catch. TheN again they couldnt figure out that if two guys are off the base and you tag both of them with the ball THEY ARE BOTH OUT DUH. My second point is the home plate ump wasnt as one sided for NY as they were in the ALCS especially in game 6 when the Yankees had a few guys who should have been stuck out in the inning where the Yanks scored their 1st 3 runs meanwhile Vlad was getting called STRIKES on pitches a foot off the plate. I think the Utley strike out was bs and on Rauls at bat where he got the 2 run single he got hosed on strike calls as well. I just wish they would CALL IT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. It just seemed in that situation where the Phils seemed prime to blow the game open the umps were trying to keep it close.

Anyways the Yanks have 3 players who are big time, Jeter, Pettitte and Rivera. We should only have to see Andy once and it will be in Philly. Problem is I doubt he will be phased by that so its game on. Rivera we may not even see in this series hopefully and we can always walk Jeter if the situation calls for it. The rest of the Yankee team seems like they are scared shyyytless.

Hey who else picked the Phils in 4 besides me?

You are the only one that took the Phillies in 4 (how's that working out for you?). lethalweapon3 took the Phillies in 6.

How scared "shytless" did the Yankees look tonight by the way?? The Yankees star sucked but the Phillies star sucked even worse.

You are the only one that took the Phillies in 4 (how's that working out for you?). lethalweapon3 took the Phillies in 6.

How scared "shytless" did the Yankees look tonight by the way?? The Yankees star sucked but the Phillies star sucked even worse.

I will tip my cap to the home plate umpire and call him the Phillies daddy. The Yankee pitchers were getting pitches a foot outside all night but Pedro didnt get those. The pitch Howard was called out on in the 9th wasnt even on the pitch tracker screen much less in the box. Utley was safe on the bs double play as well. Why do they need to call the game like the Yankees are the sisters of the poor and need help with their payroll and drugs. DONT GET ME WRONG BURNETT PITCHED GREAT but he also got a Greg Maddox plate. I just dont understand why it doesnt go both ways because Pedero pitched great as well.. The Phils are the defending champs not the Yankees. We will see if the calls change when the home field advantage changes. That said the Phils had left a few too many guys in scoring position tonight and like when we lost game 2 to the Dodgers vs Padilla I am shocked and suprised they let that team beat them especially blowing another solid pitching performance by Pedro but oh well on to Philly. Shame I wont get to bring a broom to game 4 . Much like Padilla though if we get a crack at Burnett in Philly it should turn out quite different.

To answer your question the Yankees didnt exactly blow the doors off tonight. The Phils for some odd reason have lost game 2 not in their last 4 series. The only star on the Phils who sukked was Howard, Burnett had him completely baffled all 3 at bats and Rivera threw a pitch that would hit a right handed batter and had it called strike 3.