• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Phillies vs Yankees

Admin

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This just in, A-Rod is plunked AGAIN by the Phillies pitchers.

LOL if there was ever a guy who deserves to be head hunted every single time he is up its Arod, he is such a scumbag. I cant let game 5 go by without talking about the umps. I was at work and saw very litlle of the Yankee at bats but saw enough of the Phils at bats to know that Burnett was not getting the strike calls he got in game 2 and was really getting squeezed along with the first relief pitcher the Yanks put in. Again I dont know if Lee got squeezed because I didnt see much of the Yanks at bats and after game 4 Id rather not watch their at bats, lol. However it appears that this was a lets not let it end here so we have more games type ump deal just like I think game 2 was a lets not let the Yanks get down 0-2 here. It really makes you wonder because baseball umps are more arrogant and God complex like thannba refs and we saw what went down in the nba.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a funny side note about that kid who wears his hat like a street punk. Watching the series and especially how hurt he looked after the Feliz homer I was thinking maybe this guys not so bad he just has a stupid hat. Maybe he isnt the bad name I called him. Then today I hear that his biker chick mom has been hit with felony drug charges for selling Crystal meth. Now maybe he hates his family and wants no part of that all or maybe he is exactly what his hat makes him look to be to someone like me who doesnt know him.

On a funny side note about that kid who wears his hat like a street punk. Watching the series and especially how hurt he looked after the Feliz homer I was thinking maybe this guys not so bad he just has a stupid hat. Maybe he isnt the bad name I called him. Then today I hear that his biker chick mom has been hit with felony drug charges for selling Crystal meth. Now maybe he hates his family and wants no part of that all or maybe he is exactly what his hat makes him look to be to someone like me who doesnt know him.

I don't even know how to respond to this but I'll start with saying that his name is Joba Chamberlain and I think it's ridiculous that you're calling him a "street punk" just because he flattens the bill of his hat. You know there was time when people who curled the bill of their hat were seen the same way.

I can't say anything about his mom because I don't know that story but I do know that his dad has polio and is constricted to a wheel chair. Actually here is a snippet about his parents from Wikipedia. After reading this I would hope that you reconsider calling him a "street punk".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joba_Chamberlain

Chamberlain grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska. Chamberlain's parents, Harlan Chamberlain and Jackie Standley, were never married and split up when Joba was 18 months old. Some sources say that Harlan obtained full custody of Joba when Joba was 3 years old, but Standley claims that Joba lived with her most of the time until Joba was 10 when she had Joba's surname legally changed from Heath, her maiden name, to Chamberlain. Standley began abusing drugs when Joba was 4 or 5 and says that she and Joba currently speak to each other only rarely.

Chamberlain's father was born on a reservation for the Winnebago American Indian Tribe, but had to leave to be treated for polio. Harlan spent his childhood in hospitals and foster homes and now uses a motor scooter (which he has named "Humphrey") to get around. Now retired from his job as a supervisor at the state penitentiary, he works as a substitute teacher and takes tickets at University of Nebraska Cornhuskers' games. Chamberlain still has family living on American Indian reservations. As of 2008, he is one of only three active Native American players in Major League Baseball, with the others being Kyle Lohse of the St. Louis Cardinals and Jacoby Ellsbury of the Boston Red Sox.

I don't even know how to respond to this but I'll start with saying that his name is Joba Chamberlain and I think it's ridiculous that you're calling him a "street punk" just because he flattens the bill of his hat. You know there was time when people who curled the bill of their hat were seen the same way.

I can't say anything about his mom because I don't know that story but I do know that his dad has polio and is constricted to a wheel chair. Actually here is a snippet about his parents from Wikipedia. After reading this I would hope that you reconsider calling him a "street punk".

Well then when I said maybe he hates his family and wants no part of it all applies. I said I dont know the guy but dam its gotta be bad if your mom is selling meth.

Well then when I said maybe he hates his family and wants no part of it all applies. I said I dont know the guy but dam its gotta be bad if your mom is selling meth.

He doesn't have anything to do with his mom though and he doesn't hate his dad. In fact his dad has come to several Yankee games in his wheelchair and he's loved by the fans.

I am so disappionted in the way A.J. Burnett pitched. The Yankees could of won the game if he pitched decently. But I still think the Yankees will end it off in game 6.

I am so disappionted in the way A.J. Burnett pitched. The Yankees could of won the game if he pitched decently. But I still think the Yankees will end it off in game 6.

That's the thing with AJ though is that you never know which pitcher you're going to get, the dominant nearly unhittable pitcher or the one that leaves way too many pitches int he strike zone or the one that walks a ton of guys. It's very frustrating!

As I've said since way back in the ALCS after game 4, the Yankees will beat the Phillies in 6.

Hey you should be confident in your team but the Phils are a centimeter on a foul ball by Damon away from being up 3-2 in this series. I have a feeling if they didnt get several players hit with the flu this series would be over and there would be a repeat parade down Broad Street but shyyt happens. Can store bought beat farm raised this year? Can spending a quarter of a billion dollars in the offseason and a 200 million payroll, Aroids latin hgh connections and Andys misremembering beat 110 mill and sunflower seeds? We will find out tomorrow night and if needed Thursday.

Edited by NJHAWK

Hey you should be confident in your team but the Phils are a centimeter on a foul ball by Damon away from being up 3-2 in this series. I have a feeling if they didnt get several players hit with the flu this series would be over and there would be a repeat parade down Broad Street but shyyt happens. Can store bought beat farm raised this year? Can spending a quarter of a billion dollars in the offseason and a 200 million payroll, Aroids latin hgh connections and Andys misremembering beat 110 mill and sunflower seeds? We will find out tomorrow night and if needed Thursday.

The Yankees still had just as much chance to win game 4 even if Damon doesn't get on and win the game. It's not like the Yankees were losing at that point.

And now it starts, the Phillies are losing because their 113 million dollar payroll is so sad and tiny compared to the evil Yankees 200 million dollar payroll. I was waiting for the excuses, glad they're here before the series is over.

Great win for the Hawks tonight. Its hard getting pumped for a regular season basketball game when your team is in the world series but it was a sweet win. Dont think I will be paying much attention to the Sactown game tomorrow night though.

Edited by NJHAWK

The Yankees still had just as much chance to win game 4 even if Damon doesn't get on and win the game. It's not like the Yankees were losing at that point.

And now it starts, the Phillies are losing because their 113 million dollar payroll is so sad and tiny compared to the evil Yankees 200 million dollar payroll. I was waiting for the excuses, glad they're here before the series is over.

The Phils would have scored easy in the bottom of the 9th because they score on anybody Joe G puts in there except Rivera and he wasnt warming up. Excuse hahaha . The Yanks need an excuse why they dont win every year. They spent more this offseson in free agency than ALL THE OTHER TEAMS COMBINED. Trust me the Phillies dont need excuses. Like I said if the Yanks and to operate on a payroll between 80-100 or even 113 mill they would win 70-80 games a year tops. The Phils got Pedro off the scrap heap for 1.5 Mill, will he outpitch Andy hgh tomorrow? I think he will.

The Phils would have scored easy in the bottom of the 9th because they score on anybody Joe G puts in there except Rivera and he wasnt warming up. Excuse hahaha . The Yanks need an excuse why they dont win every year. They spent more this offseson in free agency than ALL THE OTHER TEAMS COMBINED. Trust me the Phillies dont need excuses. Like I said if the Yanks and to operate on a payroll between 80-100 or even 113 mill they would win 70-80 games a year tops. The Phils got Pedro off the scrap heap for 1.5 Mill, will he outpitch Andy hgh tomorrow? I think he will.

Oh my fault I didn't realize you could predict what would happen.

Those mean ole Yankees and their big bad payroll and those poor little Phillies and their tiny little 113 million dollar payroll. It's just not fair boo hoo

Oh my fault I didn't realize you could predict what would happen.

Those mean ole Yankees and their big bad payroll and those poor little Phillies and their tiny little 113 million dollar payroll. It's just not fair boo hoo

No worries just setting up the whole mountain the Phils have to climb so if they do pull it off it will make the Yanks look all the sadder not being able to win it every year having a huge advantage over the rest of the league. Its kind of like the Yanks are lets say Ohio State but instead of having to play big 10 teams with big 10 budgets and recruiting perks they are in a league with teams with all the resources of a Hofstra or Georgia State. Yet somehow they cant win it every year or in the yanks case about 10 years and those 4 are screaming for a HUGE ASTERISK now that we know the truth.

On a side note I wonder if home grown farm raised Chase Utley will beat Mr. Yankee Reggie Jacksons WS home run record. How did they aquire Reggie again? How did they get Babe Ruth again? lol

• Moderators

I have read a LOT of excuses on why the Phillies should be doing better on the Squawk:

* the home plate umps favor the Yankees;

* the camera favors the Yankees;

* the flu favors the Yankees;

* the payrolls favor the Yankees;

* Yankees got lucky with seeing eye singles and other hits that were not well hit.

Personally, I am not a fan of either team but am rooting for the Yankees. The last 6 times the Yankees won a championship the Kentucky Wildcats did as well.

I have read a LOT of excuses on why the Phillies should be doing better on the Squawk:

* the home plate umps favor the Yankees; I also mentined whenthey favored the Phils

* the camera favors the Yankees; I was only upset when I thought the call was based on the umps judgement that it would have went over like McCarver said. Now should a camera be on the field of play, no but the rule is home run so thats that.

* the flu favors the Yankees; This is a no brainer if your team has the flu they are prolly not going to play as well. Its prolly how the Phils got by the Dodgers so fast because their team had it when we played them and they passed it on to us.

* the payrolls favor the Yankees; Its why the Phils arent playing the Royals or the Indians. Its why the Pirates and Reds arent sitting where the Phils are. There are about 12 teams in the league that can be considered the Yankee farm system. They develope the players and the Yankees buy them away when they are too good to afford. The Yankees ruined baseball and the union and Selig are just putrid pawns.

* Yankees got lucky with seeing eye singles and other hits that were not well hit. Thats baseball but watch game 4 and tell me Im lying.

Personally, I am not a fan of either team but am rooting for the Yankees. The last 6 times the Yankees won a championship the Kentucky Wildcats did as well.

* the home plate umps favor the Yankees;

* the camera favors the Yankees;

* the flu favors the Yankees;

* the payrolls favor the Yankees;

* Yankees got lucky with seeing eye singles and other hits that were not well hit.

And don't forget the new one that the Yankees ruined baseball so how could the Phillies possibly win.

Did Kentucky really win a championship each ofl those years in the late 90's?

And don't forget the new one that the Yankees ruined baseball so how could the Phillies possibly win.

Thats not a new one that one is almost 15 years old but then again when you look at all the players the Yanks bought including Reggie and Ruth and down the line it could even be older than that but the hgh and roids.... Oh well Im done with the soapbox its the last you will here any of that from me. Heres to Phils winning the next 2 and the Reds/Royals in the series next year.

• Moderators

No - that was unchecked and incorrect. There is significant overlap but the 1999/00 championships didn't correspond. The 96 and 98 championships did.

No - that was unchecked and incorrect. There is significant overlap but the 1999/00 championships didn't correspond. The 96 and 98 championships did.

Oh okay, I was starting to wonder if I had forgotten. Looking pretty good for Kentucky this year though :)