• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague's expectations: Can he be the next CP or Tony Parker?

hawks21

You just gotta love the Squawk.

Diss the core of the squad . . the squad that got us here in the first place . . but hype a rookie that missed all 15 shots in a game, but made ONE hustle play . . and wonder if he can be the next CP3 or Tony Parker ( who may be both future hall of famers? )

Wow.

And go watch last November's gane @ Boston, before you diss JJ or Marvin. If it wasn't for Pierce hitting an incredible shot, JJ gets the game winning assist and Marvin hits the game winning shot.

I'll be glad when the season starts, so all of this negativity and ish talking about our core guys will stop.

NEWS FLASH . . . Without Bibby last year, we barely make the playoffs, if we even make it at all. As bad as his defense is, that guy hit some HUGE SHOTS since he's been a Hawk.

Teague should work to be as good as Aaron Brooks in Houston, before he even thinks about being as good as Tony Parker.

• Like 1

You just gotta love the Squawk.

Diss the core of the squad . . the squad that got us here in the first place . . but hype a rookie that missed all 15 shots in a game, but made ONE hustle play . . and wonder if he can be the next CP3 or Tony Parker ( who may be both future hall of famers? )

Wow.

And go watch last November's gane @ Boston, before you diss JJ or Marvin. If it wasn't for Pierce hitting an incredible shot, JJ gets the game winning assist and Marvin hits the game winning shot.

I'll be glad when the season starts, so all of this negativity and ish talking about our core guys will stop.

NEWS FLASH . . . Without Bibby last year, we barely make the playoffs, if we even make it at all. As bad as his defense is, that guy hit some HUGE SHOTS since he's been a Hawk.

Teague should work to be as good as Aaron Brooks in Houston, before he even thinks about being as good as Tony Parker.

Our core deserves constructive criticism. I am happy that the Hawks got into the playoffs despite 37 wins two years ago and the Hawks were able to move up in the conference standings and got the 4th seed last season. However, our 'core' still struggles on the road and against the better teams.

Marvin is still receiving starter's minutes, but disappears too much. Horford is an energy player, but he is a hesitant scorer due to undeveloped offensive skills. Bibby is a capable scorer, but he is streaky and a liability on defense.

I don't know how this season will pan out for the Hawks, but teams like Toronto, Washington and Indiana are trying to get better, so the Hawks shouldn't be resting on their laurels. The 'core' has to get better.

Our core deserves constructive criticism. I am happy that the Hawks got into the playoffs despite 37 wins two years ago and the Hawks were able to move up in the conference standings and got the 4th seed last season. However, our 'core' still struggles on the road and against the better teams.

Marvin is still receiving starter's minutes, but disappears too much. Horford is an energy player, but he is a hesitant scorer due to undeveloped offensive skills. Bibby is a capable scorer, but he is streaky and a liability on defense.

I don't know how this season will pan out for the Hawks, but teams like Toronto, Washington and Indiana are trying to get better, so the Hawks shouldn't be resting on their laurels. The 'core' has to get better.

Who thinks the Hawks aren't trying to get better? That is a strange and unfounded assertion. By my take, this was one of the best offseasons in Hawks history. They went out, with the resources on hand, and got better. This bench is significantly improved.

Here are some things that indicated that the core is not resting:

Josh Smith appears to have gotten the message that his money and fame will be made in the paint
    Marvin has made several statements that the whole team is even more focused and determined
    Horford is showing more leadership
    JJ is actually speaking up early in the season

Let's let the regular season get underway before we throw the team under the bus for not trying. Sheesh.

Sometimes I think you don't even read threads all the way through, North.

I read the thread all the way through. I guess I should've quoted the OP, instead of responding via fast reply, because my comment wasn't directed at everybody.

It just kind of bugs me that people will freely criticize the core, but have so much of a high opinion of our scrubs and bench players, that they feel that they may be the difference for our team. Just because JJ isn't a rah rah, in your face guy, doesn't mean that he isn't a leader. And if Marvin ever got the ball passed to him in critical situations, he'd shoot the ball. But you have to touch the ball, before you shoot it.

All I know is that if Teague struggles out the gate when the games actually count, this board will turn on that dude in a heartbeat. He'll get a quick baptism by fire, with us having to face Ford, Arenas, and the vet Derek Fisher. And in November, he'll have to go up against the likes of CP3, Billups, Rondo, Nelson, and Andre Miller. So we're all going to quickly see how good or bad this cat will be.

All I'm saying is that before people start comparing Teague's potential game to future hall of famers, we should maybe just see how good he can make us first in REAL games. We all ( well, some of us . . myself included ) kind of hyped up Marvin to be more than what he really was. And I definitely did that with Law. So this time, I'm definitely having guarded optimism about the 7th PG taken in the draft.

I read the thread all the way through. I guess I should've quoted the OP, instead of responding via fast reply, because my comment wasn't directed at everybody.

It just kind of bugs me that people will freely criticize the core, but have so much of a high opinion of our scrubs and bench players, that they feel that they may be the difference for our team. Just because JJ isn't a rah rah, in your face guy, doesn't mean that he isn't a leader. And if Marvin ever got the ball passed to him in critical situations, he'd shoot the ball. But you have to touch the ball, before you shoot it.

All I know is that if Teague struggles out the gate when the games actually count, this board will turn on that dude in a heartbeat. He'll get a quick baptism by fire, with us having to face Ford, Arenas, and the vet Derek Fisher. And in November, he'll have to go up against the likes of CP3, Billups, Rondo, Nelson, and Andre Miller. So we're all going to quickly see how good or bad this cat will be.

All I'm saying is that before people start comparing Teague's potential game to future hall of famers, we should maybe just see how good he can make us first in REAL games. We all ( well, some of us . . myself included ) kind of hyped up Marvin to be more than what he really was. And I definitely did that with Law. So this time, I'm definitely having guarded optimism about the 7th PG taken in the draft.

I agree, especially after watching that ugly shot of his. I have to question if Teague can even be a viable NBA player with a shot like that.

A lot of guys get badly overrated before we watch them play in real games. I sure don't see anyone comparing Horford to (Amare, Boozer, Ben Wallet, Malone, Alonzo) now but i saw a lot of that the summer he was drafted.

It is even funnier how some people continue to overrate players even after watching them for awhile. I havent seen KB much this past year but he used to hype Marvin like crazy.

Chillz shoots it like a little girl from chest. Teague shoots it like a big girl from the shoulder. Teague's shot has a much higher point of release.

Teague can create his own jump shot whenever he wants to against anybody. Chillz can't do that.

That's why his shot motion is not that lethal to his career. He's too quick and explosive. He lacks the understanding of the position and great court vision. He will be good for us.