• Raised $440 of $700 target

Injured : Hawks and opponents.

jerrywest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing - For the record:

Game 1: Pacers: Dunleavy, Hansbrough. Hawks: None.

Game 2: Wiz: Jameson, Crittenton, Butler (half game). Hawks: None.

Game 3: Lakers: Gasol. Hawks: None.

Portland tomorrow:

Aldridge is injured. Knee contusion. Hope it's nothing serious like Miles.

http://www.realgm.co...th_knee_bruise/

Edited by jerrywest

Missing - For the record:

Portland tomorrow:

Aldridge is injured. Knee contusion. Hope it's nothing serious like Miles.

http://www.realgm.co...th_knee_bruise/

Game 7 Denver: JR Smith, KMart

Game 4: Blazers: Patty Mills, Jeff Pendergraph, and Nicolas Batum. Hawks: None.

Game 5: Kings: Garcia. Hawks: None.

Game 6: Bobcats: Diop. Hawks: None.

Game 7: Nuggets: JR Smith, KMart. Hawks: None.

Next game:

Game 8: Knicks: Curry (out). Milicic (day to day) Hawks: None.

i think a lot of squawkers don't like this thread. I think some would rather pretend that the opposing teams are always 100% healthy even if they are starting scrubs like Joey Graham and Rolando Balkman.

Its hard to keep track of other teams. I didn't even notice Diop and Garcia until I looked it up.

Diop would have made Charlotte much more physical than they did last Friday. I remember him having a great defensive game against the Hawks last year.

Garcia is an important offensive player for the Kings.

you guard against injury by:

a) not sign injury prone players (Speedy Claxton)

b) Keep the average age of the team low.

c) have enough back-ups so that players can rest during the games. (unlike last year)

d) have enough back-ups so that players don't have to play through injuries and aggravate the injuries further. (unlike last year)

e) have enough back-ups so that teams keep on winning with the backups, and starters can rest maximum garbage minutes. (unlike last year).

f) have enough back-ups so that when injuries happen, the team is deep enough to keep winning. (unlike last year).

g) have a few utility type back-ups who can play multiple positions.

h) have a coach who understands players could break down with too many minutes.

i think a lot of squawkers don't like this thread. I think some would rather pretend that the opposing teams are always 100% healthy even if they are starting scrubs like Joey Graham and Rolando Balkman.

Injuries are part of the game but you can't happen to overplay that role players have been missing from every team we've faced while downplaying that their stars have all been very much healthy.

Injuries are part of the game but you can't happen to overplay that role players have been missing from every team we've faced while downplaying that their stars have all been very much healthy.

Not role players.

Dunleavy is the second most important player in Pacers offense.

Butler/Jamison are all stars.

Gasol all star.

Batum / Garcia - Very important part of their rotations.

Diop= we could use a defensive shot blocking center.

Kmart all star. JRSmith = their Crawford.

Not role players.

Dunleavy is the second most important player in Pacers offense.

Butler/Jamison are all stars.

Gasol all star.

Batum / Garcia - Very important part of their rotations.

Diop= we could use a defensive shot blocking center.

Kmart all star. JRSmith = their Crawford.

Perhaps I should clarify, every team we've played has had their best player available and a majority of their supporting good players intact.

Dunleavy hasn't played in over a year, that Pacers team has obviously still being showing up to games regardless. Granger was fine, Murphy was fine but TJ Ford seems to be in a super funk.

The Wizards team are the masters of playing without their big three due to their fragile nature. They had their best player back and went out to get great quality depth to guard against that eventuality, it's not our fault Flip is an idiot and decided to play Nick Young and DeBrick Stevenson over Randy Foye and combating our athletic frontcourt with Oberto rather than McGee. By the way both played well against us when Flip took his head out of his *ss before firmly placing it back in.

Gasol was out but Kobe was very much healthy, it helps that they have Odom, Artest and Bynum too. I'm not trashing our team for losing that game because Gasol was out either because good teams go beyond just player 1 and player 2.

Batum would have been a key defender for Portland but again their top 6-7 players were still very much healthy.

Garcia is a key shooter for Sactown but their top 4 was still there.

Diop has had trouble battling out Nazr, why exactly is the 3rd center on a team being out a big detriment to them?

KMart hasn't been an Allstar or close to playing at an Allstar level since Jason Kidd was throwing him lob passes over 6 years ago. We call that the Jason Kidd effect, he got Kerry Kittles, Brian Scalabrine, Jason Collins, Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin all nice contracts from how good he made them look. They all headed off a steep slope once they left him though. Martin's injury could be considered detrimental but that's more to Denver refusing to acquire bigman depth for oh about the 8th year running especially considering KMarts injury history. JR is their sparkplug but they won 6 games without him and would have started Afflalo or Graham over him anyway, Billups and Carmelo looked healthy enough though.

So again nature of the league and whatnot, no one walks into a game wiping their brow that they don't have to play Gasol while letting Kobe drop 40 on them. Our wins are no more tainted against them than their wins would be tainted against us because we are still putting our best man up against their best man.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

Perhaps I should clarify, every team we've played has had their best player available and a majority of their supporting good players intact.

Dunleavy hasn't played in over a year, that Pacers team has obviously still being showing up to games regardless. Granger was fine, Murphy was fine but TJ Ford seems to be in a super funk.

The Wizards team are the masters of playing without their big three due to their fragile nature. They had their best player back and went out to get great quality depth to guard against that eventuality, it's not our fault Flip is an idiot and decided to play Nick Young and DeBrick Stevenson over Randy Foye and combating our athletic frontcourt with Oberto rather than McGee. By the way both played well against us when Flip took his head out of his *ss before firmly placing it back in.

Gasol was out but Kobe was very much healthy, it helps that they have Odom, Artest and Bynum too. I'm not trashing our team for losing that game because Gasol was out either because good teams go beyond just player 1 and player 2.

Batum would have been a key defender for Portland but again their top 6-7 players were still very much healthy.

Garcia is a key shooter for Sactown but their top 4 was still there.

Diop has had trouble battling out Nazr, why exactly is the 3rd center on a team being out a big detriment to them?

KMart hasn't been an Allstar or close to playing at an Allstar level since Jason Kidd was throwing him lob passes over 6 years ago. We call that the Jason Kidd effect, he got Kerry Kittles, Brian Scalabrine, Jason Collins, Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin all nice contracts from how good he made them look. They all headed off a steep slope once they left him though. Martin's injury could be considered detrimental but that's more to Denver refusing to acquire bigman depth for oh about the 8th year running especially considering KMarts injury history. JR is their sparkplug but they won 6 games without him and would have started Afflalo or Graham over him anyway, Billups and Carmelo looked healthy enough though.

So again nature of the league and whatnot, no one walks into a game wiping their brow that they don't have to play Gasol while letting Kobe drop 40 on them. Our wins are no more tainted against them than their wins would be tainted against us because we are still putting our best man up against their best man.

Horford, Smith, Marvin, Bibby and Crawford aren't All-Star so i guess it wouldn't hurt the Hawks if one or more of them was out, right.

Dunleavys absence is a big reason why Indy sucks. In his last healthy season he averaged 19 ppg shooting 47%, 42% from 3. Against the Hawks that year he averaged 21 ppg shooting 58%, 64% from 3. I think it is safe to assume that Indy feels his absence.

If a team is missing a starter then it is a significant injury. There is no way around it. Some bench players can also be put in the same category. What do you think the Hawks record would be right now if Crawford had missed the first 7 games?

Horford, Smith, Marvin, Bibby and Crawford aren't All-Star so i guess it wouldn't hurt the Hawks if one or more of them was out, right.

Dunleavys absence is a big reason why Indy sucks. In his last healthy season he averaged 19 ppg shooting 47%, 42% from 3. Against the Hawks that year he averaged 21 ppg shooting 58%, 64% from 3. I think it is safe to assume that Indy feels his absence.

If a team is missing a starter then it is a significant injury. There is no way around it. Some bench players can also be put in the same category. What do you think the Hawks record would be right now if Crawford had missed the first 7 games?

Hmm why are you harping on Dunleavy? The guy hasn't played in ages, you might as well bring up retired players statistics against us because they are both in a similar situation, they haven't played in the league in over a year. Injuries are significant but there is such a thing as an injury being less significant to compared to another. We can argue this on and on and yea I get it, you want to stick it to those that want to make excuses for us missing players but your a smart guy Ex, you can just know they are idiots without having to tell them. Until we play a team like say the Celtics that are missing KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo I'm not going to buy this "our wins are tainted" argument (assuming we could actually still beat a Celtic team without KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo)

Hmm why are you harping on Dunleavy? The guy hasn't played in ages, you might as well bring up retired players statistics against us because they are both in a similar situation, they haven't played in the league in over a year. Injuries are significant but there is such a thing as an injury being less significant to compared to another. We can argue this on and on and yea I get it, you want to stick it to those that want to make excuses for us missing players but your a smart guy Ex, you can just know they are idiots without having to tell them. Until we play a team like say the Celtics that are missing KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo I'm not going to buy this "our wins are tainted" argument (assuming we could actually still beat a Celtic team without KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo)

Where exactly did i say our wins are tainted? Looks like you just made up a strawman argument. All i am saying is that when you look at injuries you can't just look at the Hawks injuries, you have to look at the opponents injuries equally.

If Josh Smith was out for the season last year that wouldn't make him any less significant to the team this year.

Where exactly did i say our wins are tainted? Looks like you just made up a strawman argument. All i am saying is that when you look at injuries you can't just look at the Hawks injuries, you have to look at the opponents injuries equally.

If Josh Smith was out for the season last year that wouldn't make him any less significant to the team this year.

Then what is the argument then? What is the reason for bringing up our opponents injuries? What conclusion are you trying to reach by saying "......but player x was injured"? You say "strawman" I say "well where the hell else will this road lead?"

If Josh was gone most of last season and won't be back for yet another year if not forever....yea I'd say it's time to move on with my team or find someone to fill in for if not replace him. I'm not going to play 164+ games with the caveat "what if this player was here?" Might as well not even lace up your sneakers then with that nonsense.