• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 1: Indiana @ Atlanta

gsuteke

Too bad Crawford shot didn't count. That was a really great shot.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN WOODY!!!

Don't let the fact that you can go 10 deep, pressure you into playing someone more minutes than they should be playing. You do like Herman Edwards said . . ."You play to win the game."

JJ played 39 minutes? Oh well. We won.

Just don't play him that many miniutes on those back to back games, and he'll be fine. He should average 36 minutes a night minimum.

True - however there will be some eggs layed over the course of 82 games. Will Wooson play Joe for 40 minutes when the Hawks are having a brain fart and are down by 25 in the 3rd?

True - however there will be some eggs layed over the course of 82 games. Will Wooson play Joe for 40 minutes when the Hawks are having a brain fart and are down by 25 in the 3rd?

We have so many guys that can score, all of our guards can handle the ball. If we are capable of playing D like we did in the fourth, this team could be dangerous.

We put pressure on teams because all of our starters can be 15 or greater scorers.

The bad:

Joe getting 39 min furthering our fear of a broken down Joe come playoff time.

The lack of minutes given to Crawford (I know, I know, he was in foul trouble)

The defense despite forcing some turnovers was REALLY having trouble getting back on defense.

Zaza--enough said

The good:

Josh Smith working from within.

Jeff Teague's ability to penetrate and collapse a defense.

Al Horford being the inside presence that this team has lacked.

Mo Evans being that spark off the bench that he had trouble being last year.

Just my two cents....

I see very little has changed for a coaching standpoint. Same old running the starters into the ground... Terrible defense. Just terrible defense. Like always, the Hawks allow the other team to dictate the pace of the game. At lest the team won, but the defense has got to perform better. Indy shouldn't be able to get 109 points with 25 turnovers. I mean, Indy had 2 guys come off the bench and score 20 and 17 points. How does Earl Watson get 20 points in 25 minutes? Dude shot 38% last year and scored 6PPG. I swear, anybody can have a huge game against this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Is there a stat to prove this? Because I want to show it to my friend who's a big Thunder/Durant fan just to bust his balls

The net on/off stat is what they use to prove this and you can easily find his from last season here http://www.82games.com/0809/08OKC9.HTM#onoff

His team was 8 points worse last season when he was on the court than off. It's such a big deal that after the first game of the season there's a post of this http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62413/20091029/durant_posts_+17_in_okcs_season_opener/

WTF!!!!!!!! My U-verse is replaying the Alabama vs. Tennessee game instead of the Hawks!

My cabledcompany screwed me as well, was playing the Stanford football game last night. Come on if you are going to interrupt Hawks basketball with college football it would make more sense if it was the bulldogs. I tried watching it online but had problems at the beginning with the video freezing for a while and then coming back on.

Edited by Blunt91