• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Our Bigs.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Fact of the matter is that our bigs are offensively unable to score inside. That's a problem. IN order to be a championship level team, we have to have inside scoring.

I don't know what we can do... However, we need to start to either train our bigs to play inside (through new Big man coaching) or get a new big man.

My problem is that I don't want any of the retreads that are out there like Boozer or Brand or Oneal. There has to be some young big that has an offensive game that we can talk to... In the meanwhile, We ought to hire a good big man's coach...

I always like Clifford Ray.

There's also Robert Parrish, Cliff Levingston, and Tree Rollins.

Agreed. I'm glad we have some bigs to play interior D this season but they aren't scorers. I know this is far away, but I wonder if we could get Yao Ming in 2011...

Hope Sund is working on something. Would be great to make some moves before the trade deadline.

In the meanwhile, We ought to hire a good big man's coach...

Kevin McHale

Kevin Willis

Moses Malone

Jack Sikma

What about Dan Roundfield ?

Heck, what about David Robinson ?

• Premium Member

Agreed. I'm glad we have some bigs to play interior D this season but they aren't scorers. I know this is far away, but I wonder if we could get Yao Ming in 2011...

Hope Sund is working on something. Would be great to make some moves before the trade deadline.

I wouldn't touch Yao with a ten foot pole.

His foot problems are real and will continue. When you're that big, your feet will have problems with the impact.

I would rather see about a guy like Al Jefferson or Jason Thompson.

However, realistically, I think there's really nobody willing to give up a good Big... so we just have to work with Al. Al has everything he needs but size. I think Joe Smith is a good pickup but over the years, Joe has become a more outside shooting big. We need a technician on the inside. Both Smoove and Al are undersized... Who knows how we will tackle this.

Who knows how we will tackle this.

We significantly over pay in a trade is the only way you get a true big..................unless we are the Lakers and get Gasol for nothing............I could make do with Kaman or Pryzibilla.............they are not polished offensively but they defend and rebound and are legit 7 footers.

To think we could have traded Smoove for Gasol 2 years ago.............DAMN !

Not saying I want to trade Smoove...............but for a polished 7 footer like Gasol, its a no branier. Had Sund been our GM then, I think he would have pulled the trigger on that one but BK wanted to keep the guy he drafted.

• Premium Member

We significantly over pay in a trade is the only way you get a true big..................unless we are the Lakers and get Gasol for nothing............I could make do with Kaman or Pryzibilla.............they are not polished offensively but they defend and rebound and are legit 7 footers.

To think we could have traded Smoove for Gasol 2 years ago.............DAMN !

Not saying I want to trade Smoove...............but for a polished 7 footer like Gasol, its a no branier. Had Sund been our GM then, I think he would have pulled the trigger on that one but BK wanted to keep the guy he drafted.

I think it's more to a Smoove trade than just stats.

I wonder what would it take for Brad Miller?

Miller would give us high post scoring and a 7 footer. That's a Woody dream.

What makes Jason Thompson so different than Al Horford? For Al Horford, we hear he has good defense but decent offense. For Jason Thompson, we would hear he has good offense and decent defense. I would rather keep Horford because if we replace him with Thompson, our defense is going to get worst.

I would rather see us try to score from the outside than have the opposing team score on the inside everytime.

I would really like for us to try to make a move for a Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, or more realistically...Andris Biedrins.

Our "bigs" have to look to draw fouls and get to the free throw line. That's the one way they can neutralize the big men they go up against.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they will attack Greg Oden tonight. That guy fouls as much as Solo. But the Blazers usually look to get him involved early in games.

NJHAWK called it 3 years ago, when he stated that Oden's ceiling as a player might be as good as Dikembe Mutumbo on offense . . instead of the all-time great centers he was being compared to.

He's not even close to Dikembe right now. But if the Hawks play soft, he'll get his points and may get Horford in foul trouble. So I think we need to attack him first, before he tries to attack us.

What makes Jason Thompson so different than Al Horford? For Al Horford, we hear he has good defense but decent offense. For Jason Thompson, we would hear he has good offense and decent defense. I would rather keep Horford because if we replace him with Thompson, our defense is going to get worst.

I would rather see us try to score from the outside than have the opposing team score on the inside everytime.

I would really like for us to try to make a move for a Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, or more realistically...Andris Biedrins.

No way I trade Horford............he is a keeper. The guy simply "gets it."

I wish we could clone Horford's brain and put it in Smooves body.

I'm real anxious to see how good we look at the 40 game mark in January. If the current group of players gell, and Smoove stops playing like a retard 1 out of every 3 games, then this current group could scare the crap out of teams deep into the playoffs.

We have tons of depth and I'm sure Sund will field plenty of calls from Western Conference GMs.

Brook Lopez would be a great pickup. Not too keen on Jefferson or Biedrins.

What about Marc Gasol?

I would rather see about a guy like Al Jefferson or Jason Thompson.

However, realistically, I think there's really nobody willing to give up a good Big... so we just have to work with Al. Al has everything he needs but size. I think Joe Smith is a good pickup but over the years, Joe has become a more outside shooting big. We need a technician on the inside. Both Smoove and Al are undersized... Who knows how we will tackle this.

Your boy, Zach Randolph ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Jason Thompson last night to the tune of 30 points and 16 rebounds. Zebo looked like Karl Malone in that game, scoring down on the block and knocking down mid-range jumpers. If Memphis can somehow become a 30 - 35 win team this year, Zach is going to get some Most Improved Player votes. He's playing great in Memphis so far.

On the Hawks, he's instantly be our go to guy on the interior on offense. He's also a better rebounder than Smoove and arguably just as good on the boards as Horford. The main thing with Zach is defense.

People would have a fit if we traded Zach for Smoove. The trade would instantly make us a more efficient halfcourt team and a better rebounding team, but worst defensively.

Marc Gasol can ball, I would even take back Marco Jaric's contract in a deal for Gasol. That would seem the most likely avenue given Heisley's cheapness and the fact he's paying another #2 pick big in addition to Haddadi. Look forward to the draft next year though, early projections has a plethora of Centers going in the first round.

• Premium Member

I think team defense can cover bad defense, but there's no coverage for bad offense. Especially when teams break us down to a halfcourt set.

We have to be able to look to somebody to get "easy" buckets. Right now, that element is sorely missing in our offense.

• Premium Member

Your boy, Zach Randolph ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Jason Thompson last night to the tune of 30 points and 16 rebounds. Zebo looked like Karl Malone in that game, scoring down on the block and knocking down mid-range jumpers. If Memphis can somehow become a 30 - 35 win team this year, Zach is going to get some Most Improved Player votes. He's playing great in Memphis so far.

On the Hawks, he's instantly be our go to guy on the interior on offense. He's also a better rebounder than Smoove and arguably just as good on the boards as Horford. The main thing with Zach is defense.

People would have a fit if we traded Zach for Smoove. The trade would instantly make us a more efficient halfcourt team and a better rebounding team, but worst defensively.

Zebo is a very gifted offenses low post scorer. That's never been a question. I think his main problems are defense and the fact that having him puts a black hole in the offense. You have to plan for him to be the #1 option on offense because he doessn't know the meaning of kick out.

Zebo is a very gifted offenses low post scorer. That's never been a question. I think his main problems are defense and the fact that having him puts a black hole in the offense. You have to plan for him to be the #1 option on offense because he doessn't know the meaning of kick out.

i thought crawford played with randolph before in ny. you guys want to give them a try, again? why not bring back marbary then

All the back ups outside of Joe Smith is a major issue. I can already see Smith is not going to be able to give the team 20 strong minutes. I would love to have Gasol but unless Thabeet makes major strides don't see Memphis trading him regardless. Interested in seeing Collins can do but not expecting much. Dude has fell way off since playing for Jersey. I know some board members can comment on his play for the Nets.

Fact of the matter is that our bigs are offensively unable to score inside. That's a problem. IN order to be a championship level team, we have to have inside scoring.

I don't know what we can do... However, we need to start to either train our bigs to play inside (through new Big man coaching) or get a new big man.

My problem is that I don't want any of the retreads that are out there like Boozer or Brand or Oneal. There has to be some young big that has an offensive game that we can talk to... In the meanwhile, We ought to hire a good big man's coach...

I agree with your post. I also laughed at the thought of "The Chief" and Tree tutoring Smoove around a Hookah! "Half Baked" came to mind...."assume the position" young fella...hahaha

I am not for sure but I thought I saw a lot of Bigs in next years draft that can really come in handy. I don't think any team will be willing to give up a promising big for little to nothing currently.