• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin you are not aggresive(weak)

terrellgroup

Marvin has good talent, nice J and quick to the basket and I actually try to defend him after each game. Yesterday I finally saw it. Bibby told Marvin to push the ball several times. Marvin if you ever read this,please,please,please LET GO. Take the shot, go the basket, act like or at least try and act like that there is nobody who canstop you. Marvin are tooooo reserve,and thats not ball playing.

You work out all summer and for what, you haven't done a thing. You should average at least 15 points and 6 to 8 rebounds per game, NO MATTER WHAT. You don't get double team, its one-on-one, Marvin what is the deal. You stay in one corner the whole game and when you get the ball you quick to pass it. Get some heart, play with some emotion. You got all the talent, and do not put it in play, at least not on the court.

Marvin, step ya game up, you are looking pretty bad right now.

Marvin has good talent, nice J and quick to the basket and I actually try to defend him after each game. Yesterday I finally saw it. Bibby told Marvin to push the ball several times. Marvin if you ever read this,please,please,please LET GO. Take the shot, go the basket, act like or at least try and act like that there is nobody who canstop you. Marvin are tooooo reserve,and thats not ball playing.

You work out all summer and for what, you haven't done a thing. You should average at least 15 points and 6 to 8 rebounds per game, NO MATTER WHAT. You don't get double team, its one-on-one, Marvin what is the deal. You stay in one corner the whole game and when you get the ball you quick to pass it. Get some heart, play with some emotion. You got all the talent, and do not put it in play, at least not on the court.

This isn't too far off to what he averaged last year. I don't see it increasing though, with his scoring opportunities will go down with the addition of the improved bench, specifically Crawford. Yet another Marvin hate thread only addressing offense and points. Defense is 50% of the game, and he's one of our better ones....

This isn't too far off to what he averaged last year. I don't see it increasing though, with his scoring opportunities will go down with the addition of the improved bench, specifically Crawford. Yet another Marvin hate thread only addressing offense and points. Defense is 50% of the game, and he's one of our better ones....

Oh I got it,,show up for defense but get slack on offense. Tell JJ, Wade, Kobe, that. That is an excuse. You play both sides of the court, all in.

Oh I got it,,show up for defense but get slack on offense. Tell JJ, Wade, Kobe, that. That is an excuse. You play both sides of the court, all in.

If you expect Marvin to be in the same company as Wade and Kobe, you are playing way to much xbox and not watching enough basketball...

If you expect Marvin to be in the same company as Wade and Kobe, you are playing way to much xbox and not watching enough basketball...

I expect Marvin to play the best to his ability on both sides of the court, offense and defense. To put it simply, play offense and defense with the same intensity. Do not rest on offense to perform on defense.

Well you admit he plays solid defense, which is true. Averaging 14 points a game isnt being "slack".

Marvin won't get recognized for his defense until people start seeing us a lot on national TV games. If he starts making life miserable for stars like Melo, Paul Pierce, and possibly even Lebron, he'll be labeled as a good defensive player.

As for his offense, he simply needs to start scrapping. Get those offensive rebounds and go straight back up. Get some steals that might lead to easy lay ups or dunks on the other end. Fill the wing on the fast break and finish the play if you receive the pass.

There's a lot of things that he could do to generate points, without having plays called for him in the halfcourt set.

He simply has to go out and do those things.

you have a total of 18 posts and used 3 for this thread. you defended marvin?

you have a total of 18 posts and used 3 for this thread. you defended marvin?

I dont have to post everytime I defend. What does that make matter. The fact is, Marvin has alot of talent but is currently lacking aggression. Aggression is not a skill set, you can't teach it. Either Marvin has it or don't. If he does he need to display it on both sides of the court. See it for what it is. I am a Hawks fan and am M aarvin fan, that does not mean that I am blind. I want to see the Hawks perform well. Marvin is the weakest link. But he does not have to be, he should be the #2 go to man.

I dont have to post everytime I defend. What does that make matter. The fact is, Marvin has alot of talent but is currently lacking aggression. Aggression is not a skill set, you can't teach it. Either Marvin has it or don't. If he does he need to display it on both sides of the court. See it for what it is. I am a Hawks fan and am M aarvin fan, that does not mean that I am blind. I want to see the Hawks perform well. Marvin is the weakest link. But he does not have to be, he should be the #2 go to man.

They are performing well, and have been for a couple of years. There isn't a clear cut number two. JJ is one. After that, it's scoring by comittee, Anyone else on the Hawks can emerge. Marv doesn't need that role defined for him. Neither does Bibby, Smoove, or Horf, or Craws....

Sup Everyone. I have been a long time hawksquawk reader for two years. I decided to man up and join because, asides from my bro, I had no one else to passionately discuss hawks talk with. You guys have always been able to keep the board, not only informative, but entertaining as well. I have been on the fence about marvin for some time now and I have come to the conclusion that what marvin needs is an offseason training program with an NBA player. Kobe trained with Hakeem Olajuwon this offseason. Josh Smith has not only worked with The Dream but with Smitty as well. Marvin just goes to UNC every offseason to train but hasn't really added much since entering the league. Horford played internationally and worked diligently with Mark Price this summer and we can all see the added skills being displayed each year by both. I just wish someone would suggest this to him. Maybe he needs to spend a summer with joe. Marvin, in my opinion, is our final piece to make it to the finals. He just can't play defense and not punish his guy at the other end. Even Bruce Bowen and Shane Battier made their man pay for ignoring them on offense. Until he decides to get some real NBA offseason training with someone he wants to pattern his game over, H e will continue to not have a greater impact than he is having right now.