• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks / Bobcats Preview per nba.com

coachx

http://www.nba.com/games/20091106/ATLCHA/preview.html

Bobcats are averaging 79 ppg (last in ther NBA) but are still 2 W - 2 L on the year.

Hawks are averaging 106 ppg

The matchup I am looking at is Horford's strength vs. Chandler's length. (Both guys can run like deer for the center position)

Seems to be a game of contrasting styles.

With the Bobcats having 2 young and quick PGs so we may see some more of Teague tonight.

Edited by coachx

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are struggling to get some offense. Wouldn't be surprised to see Flip have a big game and of course Wallace seems to have his season high against us.

But if we win . . . . . and we should . . . . . we'll be 3-1 on the road trip.

It would be Flip's first game of the season. I wonder how rusty he would be ? Has he been able to practice any ?

He may still go off on us.........you know he wants to.

I hope people don't think this will be an easy game. Usually, Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace are the usual Hawk killers, along with some other guy. Last year ( or in 2008 ), it was the 3 point shooter ( Matt Carroll? ), knocking down all kinds of shots from 3 point range.

Hawks have lost 5 of the last 6 games in Charlotte. Josh Smith, in particular, seems to not play well there.

Remember, Charlotte was the scene of the infamous double-bird shot that Smoove flipped to the Bobcat crowd. And after the 2007 blowout loss right before the All-Star game, this board EXPLODED with Fire Woody posts. Even I was for FIRING WOODY after that game.

But I think that game was the turning point for the Hawks. I think that's when the decision was made to go get Mike Bibby. But that loss in Charlotte was a night of hopelessness for Hawk fans.

Yes, we're a different team. A better team. But I don't like that arena.

:cant believe:

Trying to play :500 on the road. So far, Hawks are 2-1. Charlotte usually has the Hawks number,

especially when we visit them.

Being the last game on this road series doesn't help.

Will the Hawks roll over and play dead against the Bobcats? Guess we'll know by 10 P.M. tonight.

:computer2:

Hawks are getting no respect in this game the bobcats have struggled all year to get the ball in the basket. I believe they are avging about 80.0 per game and the Hawks on the other hand have been scoring the ball at will. All this being said the Hawks are the better deeper team I see no reason why the Hawks dont win this game by at least 8 Points +++ and the line is only hawks -2.5 show me the money please.

Hawks are getting no respect in this game the bobcats have struggled all year to get the ball in the basket. I believe they are avging about 80.0 per game and the Hawks on the other hand have been scoring the ball at will. All this being said the Hawks are the better deeper team I see no reason why the Hawks dont win this game by at least 8 Points +++ and the line is only hawks -2.5 show me the money please.

I agree this should be our game. Only worry is if we take them lightly We can score at will this season and If our D is just as good when we faced Portland we have no problems tonight. 5 and 1 coming home ... look out Denver!

• Premium Member

I agree this should be our game. Only worry is if we take them lightly We can score at will this season and If our D is just as good when we faced Portland we have no problems tonight. 5 and 1 coming home ... look out Denver!

Historically the Bobcats play us tough. However, if we have any aspirations of being a top 3 team this year than loosing this game is inexcusable.

Historically the Bobcats play us tough. However, if we have any aspirations of being a top 3 team this year than loosing this game is inexcusable.

So true and this is exactly the type of game where a let down could happen. Orlando, Cleveland, and Boston have all had some tough games against lesser opponents. Hopefully this is the only game on their mind; as you said, they play us tough.

Crawford will have his hands full with DJ Augustin tonight. Chandler isn't Okafor, but he'll still pose a problem for our frontline, especially with keeping him off the glass. Wallace, if he plays the 4, always has his way with Smmove, because he's the one guy that is just as quick and athletic as he is.

This game should probably still be relatively close late in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, we'll eventually pull away, like in the Sacramento game.

We definitely don't need the ex-Hawks ( Diaw and Fip ) coming up big tonight.

• Premium Member

So true and this is exactly the type of game where a let down could happen. Orlando, Cleveland, and Boston have all had some tough games against lesser opponents. Hopefully this is the only game on their mind; as you said, they play us tough.

The Magic, Cavs, and Boston can afford to drop two or three of these games a year. But they are capable of beating elite teams with a modicum of consistancy. Until we are up to that level, taking care of these type of oponents is vital if we plan on keeping up with the big three.

The Magic, Cavs, and Boston can afford to drop two or three of these games a year. But they are capable of beating elite teams with a modicum of consistancy. Until we are up to that level, taking care of these type of oponents is vital if we plan on keeping up with the big three.

Not arguing; just pointing out that even the elite teams, such as LA, Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston are capable of taking an opponent for granted.

• Premium Member

Not arguing; just pointing out that even the elite teams, such as LA, Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston are capable of taking an opponent for granted.

Yeah, I wasn't really arguing either, just adding a little emphasis... Pumping myself up some until the game starts :jumping11: :jumping11: :jumping11:

Just looked it up and the last time Crawford went to Charlotte he dropped 50 on them and basically destroyed Augustin and Felton at the pg position . We should probably see him more at the point tonight then at SG.

I also read somewhere that Wallace and Felton have yet to make a three pointer this season . Lets come out strong and put them away early so we can rest for the Nuggets