• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks / Bobcats Preview per nba.com

coachx

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just now getting to the watch the game but it appears to me that there isn't anyone on our team that has played defense judging by the score.

Well, a combination of that and Raja Bell and their guards punking us. We only play defense in the 4th quarter...and that is getting old fast. How do we let the Bobcats, the flippin BOBCATS! score 61 by half? And how the heck do you let them, the BOBCATS go up by 15 on you? Geez. I can hear the excuses now: "We were on the road." "The season just started." "We were probably tired."

*Facepalm*

I'm just now getting to the watch the game but it appears to me that there isn't anyone on our team that has played defense judging by the score.

Wallace has turned into a volume scorer. He is 3 of 9 yet still has 9pts and 9 boards in the half. He is also their leading scorer for the season and shooting only .333 from the field. They have out rebounded us by 10 just in the 1st half. 4 offensive to 0 for us.

Ugly game as DR said.

Hoefully we get things cleaned up in the second half.

Edited by Buzzard

If an opposing player is hot from 3 you can count on the Hawks to leave him open time and again.

Bell is only one of the best 3pt shooters in the league for like the last five years; no need to guard him...

LOL . . yeah Hawks.

The starters don't rebound and the 2nd unit don't play a lick of defense. This is the type of game in which Woody may have to reduce Craw's minutes in the 2nd half, and keep whichever PG that is playing the best defense out on the floor. Look for heavy minutes for Marvin and JJ, if we get back in this game.

• Admin

No defense, no rebounding, settling for long jumpers that aren't going in...just a clinic on how not to play basketball.

Wow we are playing NO d tonight. We are not rebounding either. Everyone looks sluggish and not trying.

I wonder if it is because Woody is already overplaying everyone. Why isn't Joe Smith getting any PT?

Josh said he is not going to shoot threes this year. I guess that means he is just going to miss jump shots from just inside the 3 point line.

Edited by capstone21

Wow we are playing NO d tonight. We are not rebounding either. Everyone looks sluggish and not trying.

I wonder if it is because Woody is already overplaying everyone. Why isn't Joe Smith getting any PT?

Its just the way Woody is. He can't remember everyone he has on the bench so he just selects 8 players a night. Its easier on his mind that way? Smoove played well with the bench, I say if we are down by 15 or more with 8 left to play ... use that lineup again to finish the game. if we are going to lose, lets lose with players who are willing to try and need the minutes.

Josh said he is not going to shoot threes this year. I guess that means he is just going to miss jump shots from just inside the 3 point line.

Its panic time...expect Smoove to try and get us back in the game with his jumper.

Hawks are getting no respect in this game the bobcats have struggled all year to get the ball in the basket. I believe they are avging about 80.0 per game and the Hawks on the other hand have been scoring the ball at will. All this being said the Hawks are the better deeper team I see no reason why the Hawks dont win this game by at least 8 Points +++ and the line is only hawks -2.5 show me the money please.

Good call :snowballfight:

We cannot win in Charlotte. The sooner everyone accepts that the better off we'll be.

Good call :snowballfight:

We cannot win in Charlotte. The sooner everyone accepts that the better off we'll be.

Charlottes defense is good but not as good as the Lakers. No excuse for having a game like this. High scorers: Smoove, JJ, and Crawford with 13 each. At least when we play like crap we give a balanced effort!