• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Nuggets

exodus

• Admin

Nice to see the Hawks bounce back like this from an ugly loss. Smith is filling up the stat sheet.

Man I still wish we got Lawson. He is going to be a really good pg in this league.

Refing is absolutely horrible tonight. I think the league office should review the officials from tonight.

Edited by capstone21

Nice to see the Hawks bounce back like this from an ugly loss. Smith is filling up the stat sheet.

Most definitely. Big Props to Marvin as well. He looks like he is starting to come on. I thought him and josh were the main reasons this game was won effortlessly. Marvin made his man guard him and made the person send him to the free throw line. That was a big key in the first half since it helped take the load off JJ. It made our team difficult to guard. The absence of K-Mart helped also.

• Admin

Nice to see Bibby finally make an appearance. Those were two important 3s.

Observations:

Great Game

Man Kenyon Martin has bad tatoos. What is up with the signature and lips tatoos on his neck. I think they are worse then Birdman's.

7 guys in double figures.

Bibby was clutch in the 4th.

7 turnovers is the biggest stat that stands out to me.

Refs were horrible. Anthony had way too many FTs because of them.

Joe Smith needs more PT

Teague needs to settle down. He is trying too hard on offense. I like that he is not afraid but he has to learn that he is not going to be able to always score among the big trees

Marvin had a good game. Carmelo did not go off until he went out of the game.

Crawford, Joe and Horford were all solid.

Mo is looking good off the bench. Some nice rebounds and 3 pointers.

Josh was excellent tonight. Let the game come to him and did not try to do too much and as a result he really was a game changer

Melo had 30 but he did not have a good game. Marvin and Josh played him very well.

Great game by the Hawks. 125 points...wow

Amazing difference from one night to the next. And tonight Denver tanked.

We did exactly what a maturing team should do when you have an opponent on the ropes.

Nice way to come back after a horrible loss the night before.

Bet Karl wishes his team would have played better....

If we would have let up, Denver would have given us a game. We took it their @ss tonight; and they had nothing for us after getting the hell beat out of them the night before in Miami. We bounced back with a good game; Denver played like crap again. We were the more mature team tonight...

Edited by Buzzard

I wonder if the guy who got kicked out was a squawker? :)

Haha . . I was thinking the same thing at that exact moment. That would be too funny. But even over the TV broadcast, you could hear some dude just going off. I think it happened on the JJ phantom foul when he bodied up on Melo. The fans immeadiately started booing, and you could hear a guy going off on the ref. Haha . . then the ref calls for the police.

As for the game, it's amazing the energy Josh Smith plays at home, compared to how he plays on the road. I think that was the best I've ever seen him play. The effort and energy were all there last night. The most impressive play in my mind, was when he faced up Balkman, drove past him, and DUNKED the ball even though he'd only beat him by a little.

THAT'S A SHAWN KEMP-LIKE PLAY. That's the aggressivemess I wish he'd show all the time when going to the hole. I thought I'd never see the day where Smoove would play like that. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new, powerful Josh Smith. If he keeps this up, he's going to shoot well over 50% for the year.

Great energy by Marvin as well. He knocked down open shots and was aggressive in going to the basket. JJ was JJ when we needed him to be. Crawford was great again. Horford battled his way to another double double. Bench played well in the 1st half. And the defense was so much improved last night.

Tyrone Hill said at halftime that coach just keeps telling these guys to drive the basketball more. I knew it had to be a reason why Crawford was trying to drive more, rather than settling for the long to midrange jumper 90% of the time.

Just a good all-around win by this team.

5 - 2 start to start the season. I'll definitely take that. If we can get to the end of November with an 11 - 6 record, I'll take that all day.