• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it just me ?

coachx

I come back fom from a short weekend vacation expecting to see some good new threads on the squawk after we blow out an undeadeated Nuggets team. Yet all I read are people complaining.

Is that all we know how to do around here.....complain ?

People are actually complaining that we have depth with Collins and Smith.

People are complaining that Crawford should start even though the chemistry looks real good right now.

Plenty of championship teams have one of their best scorers come off the bench as a 6th man to play "starters minutes." Yet there are many people crying that what the Hawks are doing makes no sense.

What the Hawks are doing is actually very conventional.

Remember the common sense post quoting Charles Oakley ? You can't have 5 scorers on the floor at one time ? You need people who defend and rebound. Marvin is the superior defender and rebounder to Crawford. Not to mention we are already an undersized team.... so Marvins extra 4'' and 40 pounds comes in handy.

Lets quit looking like crazy fan base and support our team after such a big win. How 'bout it ?

Or we can continue to whine and complain.

Edited by coachx

I come back fom from a short weekend vacation expecting to see some good new threads on the squawk after we blow out an undeadeated Nuggets team. Yet all I read are people complaining.

Is that all we know how to do around here.....complain ?

People are actually complaining that we have depth with Collins and Smith.

People are complaining that Crawford should start even though the chemistry looks real good right now.

Plenty of championship teams have one of their best scorers come off the bench as a 6th man to play "starters minutes." Yet there are many people crying that what the Hawks are doing makes no sense.

What the Hawks are doing is actually very conventional.

Remember the common sense post quoting Charles Oakley ? You can't have 5 scorers on the floor at one time ? You need people who defend and rebound. Marvin is the superior defender and rebounder to Crawford. Not to mention we are already an undersized team.... so Marvins extra 4'' and 40 pounds comes in handy.

Lets quit looking like crazy fan base and support our team after such a big win. How 'bout it ?

Or we can continue to whine and complain.

Part of the problem is that the big win against Denver (playing without KMart and JR Smith) was preceeded by a blowout loss against the Bobcats.

There is absolutely no reason to start Crawford. It's great having a weapon like that off the bench. Plus, we can give him starters minutes if we need. It's not like he sits for the entire first half, he's in by mid first quarter every game. If he's playing well he's going to get 30+ minutes. Plus, crunch time minutes are more important than who starts the game and JC gets those.

As far as our team, I've been very impressed other than the Bobcats game and the 3rd quarter of the Lakers. But, what team hasn't had a letdown so far this season?

• Premium Member

I guess you missed Joe's post game talk with James Verett. Even Joe said that the win means nothing because they were missing a ton of defensive assignments. Don't get caught up in empty wins. Do you think this team could have beat the Cavs, Magic, or Celtics win a similar defensive effort?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I totally agree with what you are saying but just to play devil's advocate aren't we really all on this site to dissect and discuss the minutia of the team. I mean how boring is it to make a post that says. Yea we won! Go Hawks. Versus discussing the goods and bads even in wins.

The Nuggets win was a huge win though. I said on saturday that the old Hawks would follow up the Bobcat loss with a close loss against the Nuggets. An improved Hawks would follow up with a close win against the Nuggets. A runaway blowout where Carmelo looks like a punk shows that we're a damn good team. We just have to learn how to get buckets when the jumpers aren't falling and we are seeing signs of that. I'm telling if we continue getting a lot of scoring in the lane from jj, smoove, marvin, horford we will be a feared team.

Hey Russ, you shouldnt be surprised. Thats how this board always is. VERY QUIET after a big win, but VERY BUSY after a loss. I think its human nature. Its easier to criticise and complain than to praise and be positive.

Also remember this place is filled with Hawks Super Fans that want them to win EVERY GAME and are unrealistic in their expectations.

The Hawks have more talent this year than they have had in a long time and this team looks to be in very good shape for several years to come. Everyone here should be VERY HAPPY right now!

Everyone just needs to realize that ALL SPORTS TEAMS do not play their best every night. The season will have ups and downs and thats just how it is. When we lose 10 in a row, then you can start

bitching, but one stinker now and then is totally normal. Every team does it.

• Premium Member

I guess you missed Joe's post game talk with James Verett. Even Joe said that the win means nothing because they were missing a ton of defensive assignments. Don't get caught up in empty wins. Do you think this team could have beat the Cavs, Magic, or Celtics win a similar defensive effort?

I think the games have to be played.

Maybe Joe is being humble and trying to keep his team humble. However, if you watched the game, there was nothing they could do to stop us. We were attacking the basket with no fear. That's the stuff of champions.

So somebody has to pull Cavs, Celtics, Magic out of their *ss. I say Bringem. What I won't say is that we automatically give those guys a win... Let's play the game and see.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about it yesterday... We dismantled a top tier team that was healthy and has a MVP candidate. There should be more celebration than this.

I

Which game was that? Surely you aren't talking about the team that had Joey Graham and Rolando Balkman in the starting lineup.