• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brilliant blog on Joe Johnson!

jerrywest

Joe's the most selfish player on this team right now.

I'm not hating, just saying.

I agree to a point, but I disagree at the same time. Doesn't make much sense, but I can see where you can make the assumption about Joe. Three reasons why:

1. Woody's offense still hasn't changed much. There's a time and place for one-on-one, it's the NBA. But I think the players are realizing there own talents, and the talents around them - and if they don't "get mine" by doing it on their own, they're not going to score because there's no system in place to get easy buckets. One exception, only 7 games in, and Smoove is dishing out a high number of assists. This however, is awesome to see.

2. He's playing for $$$$. This is the best team the Hawks have had in a long time, and for sure in his tenure. He's known as the best player. Having the reputation of being the best player on, suddenly, a team that's no longer taken lightly while playing for his biggest contract??? Recipe for more shots, and criticisms in the media. In this thread, after the Bobcat game, he more or less call out Woody about the number of one-on-one plays made by the team. Now he says in regards to his teammates "It's me,me, me. It's crazy man". Well dude, how is that any different from past years? Only that is was you getting all the 1 on 1 opportunties?

3. Jamal Crawford. Finally there's a Hawk close to par, if not a wash, or better, who can score the ball as well as JJ. JJ's never had to worry about who was relied on to do the scoring. It was always him. Not anymore. Jamal presents a significant challenge to #2. Is JJ going to be offered francise money when his points per game go down, but the team gets better??

That being written, I don't see JJ acting selfishly. I do see a change in his style of play, but the MOST GLARING behavior is his willingness to open up. He's not quiet Joe anymore. He's vocal, at least in the media, whihc makes me hope he's doing it in the locker room too. What's his motive? He genuienly cares about this team and how good they can really be....or is he just moaning because he doesn't like what's going on and he's laying the foundation of why he left come next summer?

2. He's playing for $$$$. This is the best team the Hawks have had in a long time, and for sure in his tenure. He's known as the best player. Having the reputation of being the best player on, suddenly, a team that's no longer taken lightly while playing for his biggest contract??? Recipe for more shots, and criticisms in the media. In this thread, after the Bobcat game, he more or less call out Woody about the number of one-on-one plays made by the team. Now he says in regards to his teammates "It's me,me, me. It's crazy man". Well dude, how is that any different from past years? Only that is was you getting all the 1 on 1 opportunties?

3. Jamal Crawford. Finally there's a Hawk close to par, if not a wash, or better, who can score the ball as well as JJ. JJ's never had to worry about who was relied on to do the scoring. It was always him. Not anymore. Jamal presents a significant challenge to #2. Is JJ going to be offered francise money when his points per game go down, but the team gets better??

That says it all!

JJ has been whining about getting more help, he got it and he is still whining.

So Joe's open to critisize his teammates. I want to hear also some positives from him.

Joe averaged 5 assists/game last season, now his avg is 4 which is some drop but honestly I thought he had less assists this year.

He wasn't effective playing 1 on 1 against Denver but usually he shoots quite well (he has one of best floater in the league) when he goes with the ball inside. 45% FG is pretty good for SG esp. when 3 ball is not falling in for him.