• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We are very fortunate as Hawks fans

gsuteke

After we kept it close going into halftime, I knew the Celtics were in trouble. When the Celtics couldn't shake us during our usual (last year) pathetic 3rd quarters, I knew we had a chance. After Crawford, JJ, defense, and awesome rebounding were on massive display in the 4th, I knew the game was over. What an awesome, awesome win. I think any logical Hawks fan chalked this game up as a loss (I know I did) after the Celtics destroyed us in their house last year. To take the game away in the 4th after such a relaxed, well-played game bespeaks of the type of team the Hawks can be when they play up to their talent on defense and offense through ALL 4 QUARTERS. In other words, we can beat anybody, anywhere when we play like that.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? The Hawks controlled this game beautifully. No panic, no huge let-downs. We dominated in the paint. We played good defense. I'll take a calm, confident win over "intensity" any day. Thge maturity of the team was outstanding.

That's not what I mean. I'm saying it didn't quite have the playoff feel it had last year.

It would have been better if Pamela Anderson had gotten naked at halftime.

Understood?

Enjoy it. I've sat through too damn many "Big Dog" Robinson jumpers and Alan "hendu" Henderson missed shots to not appreciate this for what it is.

THis is a golden age for Atlanta Hoops.

Amen to that. I'll take watching Celtic fans show that desperate, lonesome, 'we're really going to lose this game' look they had while the clock was ticking down to zero over the JT/Dion/Henderson era anyday of the week.

For all of us who had to stomach the years of Dion Glover bricking another open jump shot (again), Henderson displaying his Armani suit collection on the bench because his (insert body part here) hurts (again), and Big Dog walk up the court like he's in an MTV charity event (again), this is good times. Good times indeed.

The nine years of horrible Hawks basketball really made me appreciate the Nique and Steve Smith days all the more. Hopefully this team can do more with their opportunity than their predecessors.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

We endured all those losing seasons and now it's our turn.

I'm enjoying watching the Celtics piss and moan about calls but it's bigger than that. This team can do special things.

If you've doubted whether the Hawks were "for real" this time around I think we know the answer.

Enjoy it while you've got it.

:lighter: :beer: :clap:

Edited by coachx

yea. any falcons fans? we were 4 and 1 right? look at us now......

Injury bug hit the Falcons hard !

H. Douglas

Our best CB / Brian Williams

Our 1st and 2nd round picks: starting DT Jerry and SS Moore

J. Norwood

S. Baker

M. Turner

R. White playing with hurt knee and lacks his normal explosion.

Hawks stay healthy and big things are in their future. Hawks get hit with the injury bug and they will probably struggle like the Falcons have.

Injury bug hit the Falcons hard !

H. Douglas

Our best CB / Brian Williams

Our 1st and 2nd round picks: starting DT Jerry and SS Moore

J. Norwood

S. Baker

M. Turner

R. White playing with hurt knee and lacks his normal explosion.

Hawks stay healthy and big things are in their future. Hawks get hit with the injury bug and they will probably struggle like the Falcons have.

Couldn't agree more. Last year's Falcon team didn't have nearly the amount of key injuries as this squad has endured. I can't recall the last team to lose not just their first round pick but their first TWO draft picks, slot receiver, and best cornerback to injury before midseason. I knew we were in trouble when Douglas went down before the preseason even started. Without a reliable slot guy who can beat a nickel or dime back deep if the safety starts peeking in the backfield, your offense will often stagnate because opposing defenses can keep eight in the box to stop the run while keying in on your #1 receiver (see White, Sharod) and tight end (see Gonzales, Anthony). What, Brian Finneran and Marty Booker sure isn't keeping any DCs up at night. Factor in that they had to play almost every opponent coming off their bye week fresh (and on the road for the most part) and you get a 5-4 team. I'll be the first to say that things don't look really good right now in Flowery Branch.

Hopefully the same injury bug will leave town and finds its way to.....New Orleans (sorry but I HATE the Saints)....