• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund's job is incomplete

Swatguy

• Premium Member

Joe is not coming back here. Honestly I don't want to come back. Not because I'm not a Joe fan but I would love to show these "Crawford >>>>Joe" drones why JJ is so important to the team.

• Premium Member

Joe is not coming back here. Honestly I don't want to come back. Not because I'm not a Joe fan but I would love to show these "Crawford >>>>Joe" drones why JJ is so important to the team.

I see what your trying to say, but why would you want to prove a point at the expense of team success? Joe is the better all around player, and has a whole career to prove it. Why bother with those who have an agenda. BTW, I agree that we should bring Stackhouse in. He seems to be ready to go according to all of the offseason reports. If I remember correctly, he's already in the ATL.

• Like 1

I am still not sold on Woody. We shouldn't have gone to OT last night. We were up by 3 and all we had to do was foul somebody and game over.

He sits Horford the entire 2nd qtr just because he had 2 fouls. That is when Portland got their biggest lead.

As far a JJ goes.....there is nothing more to do at this point. JJ wants to test the FA waters and that is that.

Sund needs to hire a new promotional team and get some fans in those empty seats!

Edited by JackB1

I am still not sold on Woody. We shouldn't have gone to OT last night. We were up by 3 and all we had to do was foul somebody and game over.

He sits Horford the entire 2nd qtr just because he had 2 fouls. That is when Portland got their biggest lead.

As far a JJ goes.....there is nothing more to do at this point. JJ wants to test the FA waters and that is that.

Sund needs to hire a new promotional team and get some fans in those empty seats!

X2

There is some reality for ya' !

Plus Sund is not the one writing the checks. He is basically the mediator between the owners and the players / coach when it comes to contract negotiations.

I'm not sold on him either. Apparently, neither is Sund or Woody would have been extended this off-season. But, I'm not basing it on last night. I'm still not sold on him after his whole body of work since he's been here. There's something to be said about stability in an organization, for that matter, I'm happy he's still here. The guys know what to expect. But let's face it....his team has matured, and oozes talent. That can take you a long way. Some nights it appears he just rolls the ball out there and tells them to go play. I'm thinking there are other NBA coaches out there that is an upgrade of Woody. However, why mess with it if it's not broke?

You're dead on about JJ. If he's playing for a contract, that's fine. We're reaping the benfits of that right now. We'll cross that bridge when it comes, unitl then, enjoy it.

I'm not from Atlanta, but winning is the best promotion a francise can give. We're only 10 games in. It's early. I don't expect us to 16-4, or 24-6 obviously...but if we can keep consistently winning and compete for the division and a top three seed...our attendance will most surely rise.

I'm sold on Woody. It was just a few years ago pundits were calling us the franchise with the most dismal hopes in professional sports. Our ownership situation was horrible, we had a terrible GM, and no top talent wanted to play here. Mike Woodson has presided over a phoenix rising from the ashes (see ATL's city seal). Every year we've gotten better. He's managed to craft Josh Smith into a major talent. Conventional wisdom in that draft was that he had the athleticism but not the NBA caliber talent. He kept his head up when Billy Knight, clearly a horrible GM, wanted him out of town. Sund should've extended him, but if things keep going the way they are, Woody will be around for a long time - which I have absolutely no problem with.

I don't think Woody goes to great lengths to make people like him. That includes AJC's Jeff Shultz, and some of you on this board. Just admit it, he's a damn good coach.

I'm sold on Woody. It was just a few years ago pundits were calling us the franchise with the most dismal hopes in professional sports. Our ownership situation was horrible, we had a terrible GM, and no top talent wanted to play here. Mike Woodson has presided over a phoenix rising from the ashes (see ATL's city seal). Every year we've gotten better. He's managed to craft Josh Smith into a major talent. Conventional wisdom in that draft was that he had the athleticism but not the NBA caliber talent. He kept his head up when Billy Knight, clearly a horrible GM, wanted him out of town. Sund should've extended him, but if things keep going the way they are, Woody will be around for a long time - which I have absolutely no problem with.

I don't think Woody goes to great lengths to make people like him. That includes AJC's Jeff Shultz, and some of you on this board. Just admit it, he's a damn good coach.

Nope. A damn good coach would have an offense. No reason to even elaborate any more.

Nope. A damn good coach would have an offense. No reason to even elaborate any more.

The offense is good enough. Everyone knows defense wins championships. I'm sorry he doesn't have a nifty geometric shape like Phil Jackson to market his offense with.

The offense is good enough. Everyone knows defense wins championships. I'm sorry he doesn't have a nifty geometric shape like Phil Jackson to market his offense with.

LOL our defense is bad. Woody's switching D has to be one of the worst in the league. Why is Woody here again?

Edited by GameTime

One-on-one with talent in that skill and athletic players that can rebound is good enough, I suppose. Part of me just wonders some times what a coach with a little more structure and creativity could do with these guys...

One-on-one with talent in that skill and athletic players that can rebound is good enough, I suppose. Part of me just wonders some times what a coach with a little more structure and creativity could do with these guys...

We've got one of the best records in the NBA, the #1 team in the league for points in that paint, we very well could be on our way to our first Eastern Confererence in final In Heaven knows when and you still, don't want to give the guy a contract ? Seriously name one coach, that is available or even good enough right now than Woody.

We've got one of the best records in the NBA, the #1 team in the league for points in that paint, we very well could be on our way to our first Eastern Confererence in final In Heaven knows when and you still, don't want to give the guy a contract ? Seriously name one coach, that is available or even good enough right now than Woody.

All of that is great! I've stated that in my posts...I'll take it, for the time being. I'm basing my opinion on my eyes and what I've seen during his tenure. We have improved every year. However, we've endured the growing pains of allowing these kids to start to mature. Half a decade. Add to that some great FA signings by both BK and Sund...keeping the coach and the core together, and we're reaping the benefits. Today, do I think Woody is the best coach for the team, I do for consistency purposes...not because he's innovative and we'll continue to evolve. I've seen the same coaching philosophies for a long time. The players are better, older, understand the game through playing. It's not Woody being a damn good coach.