• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson put Roy in his place.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This summer I had a topic about Roy vs. JJ who is better. There were several of you Hawks fans who said that Roy is better than JJ. All kind of stats claiming Roy is better than JJ. I wonder if JJ was reading? Or I wonder if Mrs. JJ took JJ the transcript of the discussion... because in the last two meetings between Roy and JJ, JJ has busted Roy's ---- all over the court. None more delightful than in overtime, up by 4... Joe gets Roy Isolation.. Put Roy's snotty nose on his bus and took him to school!!!!

JJ trumps Roy.

• Like 1

This summer I had a topic about Roy vs. JJ who is better. There were several of you Hawks fans who said that Roy is better than JJ. All kind of stats claiming Roy is better than JJ. I wonder if JJ was reading? Or I wonder if Mrs. JJ took JJ the transcript of the discussion... because in the last two meetings between Roy and JJ, JJ has busted Roy's ---- all over the court. None more delightful than in overtime, up by 4... Joe gets Roy Isolation.. Put Roy's snotty nose on his bus and took him to school!!!!

JJ trumps Roy.

Over the course of a full season Brandon Roy is a half step better.

JJ trumps Roy.

Just to put some perspective in here. Joe shot 13 of 31 from the floor for 41.9%. Roy shot 7 of 15 for 46.67 percent. Joe's a volume shooter and it's time we start realizing that. 31 shots, 3 turnovers is 34 possessions ending in Joe for 35 points. 1.03 points a possession. Giving credit where it's due, Joe had 9 assists tonight which is a part of his game that has been struggling of late.

By comparison, Josh was 8-14 with 2 turnovers, 20 points for 1.25 points per possession. Horford was 7-10 with 0 turnovers, 15 points for 1.5 points per possession. Joe is calling his own number way too much and I personally saw more T/O by Joe tonight so I think the score keeper was being kind.

Joe is doing good work but I'd like to see him follow his own advice and share the basketball more.

• Premium Member

They're basically the same player. Roy's quicker, Joe's stronger. Other than that, it's apples and apples.

\While why is it that tonight, Joe Looked vine ripe and Roy looked like apple Sauce?

You guys can still talk about stats and traits.. but head to head, Joe took Roy to school.

• Premium Member

Joe is doing good work but I'd like to see him follow his own advice and share the basketball more.

Wow, Joe goes for 35 with 9 assists and somebody still says that they'd like to see him pass more??? Is that Joe hate or something else?

• Premium Member

^Also gotta agree there. Yes, yes we are winning...but it is true. Taking 31 shots to get to 35 points is not very good at all.

Let's see... What should we do? Give the ball to 4 point Marvin so he can toss up another air ball??

The bottom line is that we played 3 quarters of lousy basketball. However, in that 4th and overtime period, Joe Johnson stepped up and got us the win.

Let's see... What should we do? Give the ball to 4 point Marvin so he can toss up another air ball??

The bottom line is that we played 3 quarters of lousy basketball. However, in that 4th and overtime period, Joe Johnson stepped up and got us the win.

Diesel, I don't think anyone can argue that; that statement has merit. However, it just shows a lack of efficiency. You touched on the reason why...Craw had an off game, Marvin contributed nothing, so JJ had to dominate the ball even more. He is a closer that can come through when it matters...no doubt. However, as we continue to progress and mature, Joe wont have to take so many shots to score so few points per attempt.

Wow, Joe goes for 35 with 9 assists and somebody still says that they'd like to see him pass more??? Is that Joe hate or something else?

I was thinking more of how he and the other guards dominated the ball in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We were a jump shooting team during that time and that is when we struggled. We need to start playing inside out so Joe can get his more in the rhythm of the game, not dominate the ball and iso so much. His efficiency goes down. Look at our best games this year. The big guys are more involved in the offense in those games.

• Moderators

Joe played a superstar game. He missed some shots but he kept going until he dominated at the end. All this talk about Joe not being Wade or Lebron well this is what they do. They shoot and shoot some more. And they dish. 9 assists!!! If you're going to calculate points per possesion you have to include the 18-27 points off of 9 assists. Lets call it 20 points. So Joe scored 35 and was responsible for another 20?

Anyway, if you feel like you drink too much here's a fun drinking game that will severely cut your intake. Take a drink everytime Joe passes the ball to Zaza. You'll be pretty dry by the end of the game. It just doesn't happen.

Just to put some perspective in here. Joe shot 13 of 31 from the floor for 41.9%. Roy shot 7 of 15 for 46.67 percent. Joe's a volume shooter and it's time we start realizing that. 31 shots, 3 turnovers is 34 possessions ending in Joe for 35 points. 1.03 points a possession. Giving credit where it's due, Joe had 9 assists tonight which is a part of his game that has been struggling of late.

By comparison, Josh was 8-14 with 2 turnovers, 20 points for 1.25 points per possession. Horford was 7-10 with 0 turnovers, 15 points for 1.5 points per possession. Joe is calling his own number way too much and I personally saw more T/O by Joe tonight so I think the score keeper was being kind.

JJ just can't win with some of you guys.