• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Crow has been served...to me

Watchman

Please explain how his numbers are better than Boguts.

Are you serious? Bogut averages 2 more points but Horford is literally better across the board. More rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, less turnovers, less fouls, better FG%, better FT%, and just for good measure he's hit a 3.

And I know how you love PER, Horford is better in that too.

Edited by High5

• Moderators

Are you serious? Bogut averages 2 more points but Horford is literally better across the board. More rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, less turnovers, less fouls, better FG%, better FT%, and just for good measure he's hit a 3.

Al v. Bogut

13.5 ppg v. 15.5 ppg

10.2 rpg v. 9.0 rpg

1.9 bpg v. 1.5 bpg

.8 spg v. .8 spg

2.0 apg v. 1.8 apg

1.5 topg v. 2.1 topg

2.5 pfpg v. 3.6 pfpg

34 mpg v. 33 mpg

.598 TS% v. .569 TS%

.572 eFG% v. .567 eFG%

20.1 PER v. 18.6 PER

1.5 WS v. .9 WS

Looks like Al has the better numbers so far this season (granting that it is early).

Please explain how his numbers are better than Boguts.

Bogut scores 2 more PPG. Their SPG are equal. Al gets 1 more RBG. It's close but Al gets more APG and BPG. Al has a better FG% (again close) and FT%. Al's EFF rating is 21.73. Bogut's is 19.50. Al's PER is 20.15. Bogut's PER is 18.67. It's close but Al's numbers are better.

And I know how you love PER, Horford is better in that too.

The problem is that you are talking franctions. I doubt Horford is going to get the nod because he has .02 more assists or .04 more blocks. Points/rebounds are basically a wash. The only significant difference is foul shoooting.

The big problem for Horford is that he has two more likely All-Stars on the same team. JJ has made it 3 straight years and Smith is a good candidate. Who would go on the Bucks? Redd has been out and Jennings is a rookie. Given comparable numbers Bogut would be much more likely to get the nod if JJ and Smith get in.

Be careful talking about Horfords 3 because Swatguy or hawksfanatic might come in and start saying he should shoot them more often.

The problem is that you are talking franctions. I doubt Horford is going to get the nod because he has .02 more assists or .04 more blocks. Points/rebounds are basically a wash. The only significant difference is foul shoooting.

The big problem for Horford is that he has two more likely All-Stars on the same team. JJ has made it 3 straight years and Smith is a good candidate. Who would go on the Bucks? Redd has been out and Jennings is a rookie. Given comparable numbers Bogut would be much more likely to get the nod if JJ and Smith get in.

Be careful talking about Horfords 3 because Swatguy or hawksfanatic might come in and start saying he should shoot them more often.

I may be talking fractions, but obviously the guy with all the fractions in his favor has better numbers than the other guy.

If the stats are close, I think team record will be the deciding factor rather than how many other All Stars we have. If our records are close though, I can see how us having multiple All Stars would favor Bogut.

If the stats are close, I think team record will be the deciding factor rather than how many other All Stars we have. If our records are close though, I can see how us having multiple All Stars would favor Bogut.

The aren't going to give 3 spots to a team that hasn't won a second round playoff game.

I may be talking fractions, but obviously the guy with all the fractions in his favor has better numbers than the other guy.

A guy who averages 15.4 has a higher average than someone who scores 15.2 but that difference is irrelevant in terms of who will be picked to an All-Star team.

A guy who averages 15.4 has a higher average than someone who scores 15.2 but that difference is irrelevant in terms of who will be picked to an All-Star team.

You said explain how Horford has better numbers than Bogut. I showed you all of his numbers other than points were better. Very simple.

You said explain how Horford has better numbers than Bogut. I showed you all of his numbers other than points were better. Very simple.

Ordinarily i would try to explain that a .02 difference in assists or a .04 difference in blocks would be immaterial in terms of All-Star selection. However in your case i realize that would just be wasted effort.

Edited by exodus

Ordinarily i would try to explain that a .02 difference in assists or a .04 difference in blocks would be immaterial in terms of All-Star selection. However in your case i realize that would just be wasted effort.

Exodus backed into yet another corner when discussing Horford so he has to change the argument. Tootles. :bye1:

Exodus backed into yet another corner when discussing Horford so he has to change the argument. Tootles. :bye1:

Change the argument? You never understood the argument in the first place. Trace was saying that Horford had a better shot to get selected to the All-Star game because he had better numbers. I knew Bogut was about 15/9 so i asked for an explanation.

I wasn't even the one who said Horford had no shot at the all star game.

I never claimed Bogut had better numbers. I just didn't get where there the significant numbers gap was and i still don't. Other than foul shooting they are pretty comparable.

You are just reading impaired. If i say Horford played a key role in a Hawks victory you say i wouldn't give horford his due unless he made the HOF just because i say he hasn't been fantastic this year. you need to go to the store get Hooked on Phonics.

• Premium Member

Looks like he's getting it. There were a few lapses here and there (especially early on)...but during this win streak, he looks like he's getting it. Smoove really needs to try and keep it simple. No behind the back dribble, no coast to coasting, no jacking up long bricks. I would say settling for jumpshots, but in his case...it's not like he looked for other options. If he keeps it simple and lets the game come to him, he will maintain these numbers and we'll be alright.

The aren't going to give 3 spots to a team that hasn't won a second round playoff game.

If we are 25-16 or better (on pace to win 50) at the All Star break, MIL is under .500 and Horford's and Bogut's numbers are exactly where they are now, I say Horford gets voted in as the BU Center over Bogut. Guess we will see.

Moses Malone, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Jermaine Oneal, Tracy McGrady, Lebron James, Darius Miles, Jonathan Bender??, Al Harrington, Rashard Lewis, Andrew Bynum, Gerald Green??, Louis Williams?? and Martell Webster all came straight out of highschool. Everyone of them had/have to go through their own learning curve but you rarely see many busts. All of them are/were picked so early because of their phenomenal potential and Josh is no different(let me include Marvin while I'm at it, laugh now believe later) . We always talk about what the players need to do to improve but I think the biggest thing fans need to improve on is their patience and maybe foresight. Sometimes it is OK to believe in the potential you see and although it's hard to see growth(especially when you see someone daily) take a step back and look at the continued improvement.

As for the Horford NOT being an all star comments it's sad to see that some of us are still stuck in the I don't believe it until it happens mode :cant believe: But I do understand after years of losing hope you we need someone as optimistic as me or an outsider looking in to tell you WAKE UP!! YOU'RE NOT DREAMING AND WINNING CHANGES EVERYTHING!!