• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Only real complaint about tonight is starters in too long at the end

Admin

Pretty exciting game tonight, especially in the 2nd quarter, and overall a very good performance for our team by why were JJ, Al, etc. still in there with us up 15 or more late? Woody has to learn to get them out of there when we have big leads in the 4th.

Agreed, but he is doing bette with giving guys a blow.

Yes he is. A lot better and I am glad he left Marvin in there. Would not hurt my feelings one bit if Marvin got 15 to 20 attempts one night in a blow out. 7 or 8 toward the end of the 4th quarter when it was all but decided.

Good win. We beat a team we should beat and did it handily.

• Premium Member

Pretty exciting game tonight, especially in the 2nd quarter, and overall a very good performance for our team by why were JJ, Al, etc. still in there with us up 15 or more late? Woody has to learn to get them out of there when we have big leads in the 4th.

Woody trying to maintain his spot in the Power Ranking.

lol Hey NineOh, did you see woody drawing up plays with his etch-a-sketch?

LOL... Hilarious.

Anyone see him "drawing up plays" during player intros at Phillips? Hilarious. They always show him up on the screen and he's trying to stay busy by drawing up plays when they say his name over the speaker.

• Admin

The minutes weren't distributed all that badly imo. 38 for Joe is actually kinda low. If this was last year it would have been 42 +.

I would like JJ to play 36 minutes. We have the depth to let our starters sit more. Give Mo and Joe Smith some more minutes. They has been solid so far.

Teague has still not proven he deserves more pt yet. He needs to show that he can finish and make better decisions first before getting in the important parts of the game. That will come. His d has impressed and surprised me though.

Yeah I realize that our starters only played x amount of minutes but it should have been x - 3 or 4 minutes. Not a huge deal and I didn't lose any sleep over it, but why keep the starters in there and risk injury when the game is clearly over, ya know?

I've been pondering the lack of minutes for Joe Smith and Jason Collins. Do you think Woody is trying to limit their minutes early in the season to keep them both fresh for the playoffs when we'll most likely need key minutes from each of them?

• Premium Member

I was sitting there thinking the same thing. He didn't start pulling them until the 2:32 mark I believe. We had the game won with over 5:00 to go, you gotta get the starters out of there. Mainly to avoid injuries and such.

I was yelling at Al to "get his stats up" for the All Star game after JJ hit that dagger 3 with about 5 minutes left to put us up 97/79 (Marvin had just hit a 3 on the previous possession). Al did end up scoring 6 more pts and grabbing 2 more rebounds in the next 3 minutes. 16/12 sure looks better than 10/10!