• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How Woody can make me feel better about this team

sturt

• Premium Member

I recognize that against the Portlands and Miamis, Smokin is going to get his customary big minutes, as I'm sure we all do. But against the Houstons and Paul-less Hornets, I really want to see the starters minutes seriously cut back, and to see the last point guard and the last center on the bench get some credible minutes. It's a long season. And later, hopefully than sooner, we WILL have a significant injury. Woody needs to abuse the luxury of playing the bench as deep as the score will allow.

I recognize that against the Portlands and Miamis, Smokin is going to get his customary big minutes, as I'm sure we all do. But against the Houstons and Paul-less Hornets, I really want to see the starters minutes seriously cut back, and to see the last point guard and the last center on the bench get some credible minutes. It's a long season. And later, hopefully than sooner, we WILL have a significant injury. Woody needs to abuse the luxury of playing the bench as deep as the score will allow.

ummm..... Houston is a good team actually....

It's amazing that people still are worried about the 10th and 11th men getting some playing time.

Well, we don't have anything else to complain about :beer: - but I think it's a legitimate concern, particularly for Joe. It would be nice to see him sustain his level of play for the full year instead of hitting his customary 2nd half wall.

The "Pauless Hornets" beat the 10 W - 2 L Suns last night.

The Rockets are a very good ball club. You can't take them lightly at all. Teague may play some since the Rockets have a lightning quick PG that may be a tough defensive matchup for Bibby..........but if Teage does play more it is not b/c the Rockets are a weak opponent.

• Moderators

Well, we don't have anything else to complain about :beer: - but I think it's a legitimate concern, particularly for Joe. It would be nice to see him sustain his level of play for the full year instead of hitting his customary 2nd half wall.

Legit concern for Joe and for our long-term health at the PG position. I am less concerned with Collins getting time than Teague.

Paul-less Hornets is the right game to make sure this happens. Houston is a good team.

Houston ALWAYS gives us problems, even without T-Mac or Yao because they play in paint and have very active bigs, plus they play tough defense. I think we've finally passed them in terms of being the better team but this certainly won't be an easy game. I definitely do not expect their undersized front court players to beat up our undersized front court players this time around.

• Premium Member

I'm always going to be concerned about the rookie getting some burn - and quality time on the court, not just garbage minutes. Rondo is a good example. He was as green as they come. A young player getting quality minutes with a host of venteran all-stars and it did wonders for him. I love the vet leadership that Bibby brings as well as crunch scoring and Crawford has been nothing short of a PERFECT fit for this team. I still want to see Teague get in there though, if for nothing but to see what he can bring against serious opposition.