• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Marvin Williams just go for 29?

gsuteke

• Premium Member

Hell yeah he did...13-19 from the field. I dont remember the last time marv even took 19 shots in a game

the man just need more touches. Marvin is too willing to sit back and let other guys go off. He has to be more like Crawford and call for the ball at times.

• Admin

He worked all week with his dad on his shot.

His confidence has been down and I think that has been a major reason for his bad play. I think he decided to go for it today and the other players decided to really feed him.

It was good to see him play well.

• Premium Member

Honestly Marvin is the 2nd most talented player on the team. Marvin just has to couple his talent with some want-to.

• Like 1

Let's see..

Joe...

Crawford..

Josh...

Bibby...

How do you get 2nd most talented???

Wake up.

Marvin threads = catnip

Anyhow back to the subject it's nice to see the Hawks not only avoid getting blown out when Joe is off, but to actually win a game against a Western Conference foe.

That wouldn't have happened in the past.

Like I said - this team may be pretty good.

Marvin threads = catnip

Anyhow back to the subject it's nice to see the Hawks not only avoid getting blown out when Joe is off, but to actually win a game against a Western Conference foe.

Like I said - this team may be pretty good.

Well said. We lose this game in the past, that's a fact. Great game and thank you Marvin the Great!

• Premium Member

Let's see..

Joe...

Crawford..

Josh...

Bibby...

How do you get 2nd most talented???

Wake up.

Notice I used the word talented and not best. The guy has a deadly jumper. His problem is that he doesn't involve himself in the game enough.

• Premium Member

it's nice to see the Hawks not only avoid getting blown out when Joe is off, but to actually win a game against a Western Conference foe.

Absolutely.

I'm anxiously hoping that I've been right all along to think that Sund has been right all along... that some teams win big in the NBA with the Media-Frenzy-Superstar-Plus-2 system, and that, under the Hawks paradigm, it is equally valid to say you can win big in the NBA if you have zero such superstars but just too many weapons for other teams to contain them all.

Like I said... I don't know it yet, but I've been espousing the theory for years now... and finally, the grand experiment is yielding some supportive data.

Edited by sturt

Absolutely.

I'm anxiously hoping that I've been right all along to think that Sund has been right all along... that some teams win big in the NBA with the Media-Frenzy-Superstar-Plus-2 system, and that, under the Hawks paradigm, it is equally valid to say you can win big in the NBA if you have zero such superstars but just too many weapons for other teams to contain them all.

Like I said... I don't know it yet, but I've been espousing the theory for years now... and finally, the grand experiment is yielding some supportive data.

Well probably sturt....if we ever get some decent refs.

If Marvin starts playing with a ton of confidence who knows how good this team can be. He picked a great game to get it going that's for sure.

Agreed - we needed him tonight...and he came through. I just hope the guys didn't go overboard congratulating him (I doubt they would)...just say "nice game man" and leave it at that. Try to get the point across that this shouldn't be all that big of a deal for a guy on his second contract. I was much more impressed by Craw going for 27 away from home against a team like Portland.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I think the guys know that Marvin is capable of filling it up on any given night and was going through a prolonged, but fortunately not detrimental, slump early in the season. Personally, I love that Horf and Smoove were jumping off the bench everytime Marv hit a shot. Team chemistry is a huge factor in sustaining a winning tradition, and whether certain posters on Hawksquawk care or not, these guys have grown with Marvin. They want Marv to succeed. And they know they'll be much more successful when he's doing what he can do night in, night out.