• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Marvin Williams just go for 29?

gsuteke

the man just need more touches. Marvin is too willing to sit back and let other guys go off. He has to be more like Crawford and call for the ball at times.

I agree... Marvin still sems to be too nice of a kid... talent is there, skills and maturity are commin' along just fine... he just needs to be more agressive and understand that only that way he can help this team the most!

That was one of the best games I've ever seen Marvin play. He was taking his jumpers with confidence instead of reluctance. He was being AGGRESIVE driving to the hole, and he was aggresive when he got one-on-one matchups. If he could keep up the attack mode all season, he could average 16+ a game. This team will need the perimeter offense, with Bibby and JJ prone to getting cold streaks (like last night).

With Marvin hopefully turning tthe corner, this team has 6 players that can go off and carry the team offensively. Holy crap we're good.

The thing about Marvin is that he is streaky. He can have a night like this and then the next night shoot 1-9. Kudos to him last night though, he was impressive. I just wish he could do it (or at least close to) on a nightly basis.

There's just too many guys on the team that can score really. We all know Joe and Crawford are gonna take shots their shots when given a chance. Bibby is a jump shooter. We all want to see Horford get the ball more and Josh Smith is finally playing to what I knew he could be. Then that leaves Marvin. The guy who can really do it all and is underrated. The guy is a great defender and is usually defending the other teams best scorer. He has a pure jumpshot yet can get to the hole. Alot people on this board hate on Marvin but I really like his game.

• Premium Member

You're right. Marvin's not talented. He's just making millions of dollars playing basketball on an NBA playoff team to spite you.

Frank, you have to understand the difference between talented and 2nd most talented on the team.

Every NBA player is talented. believe me, there are lots of talented guys who don't make it.

But let's look at our team for a minute...

JJ... NO way Marvin approaches JJ's talent level. JJ shoots better, defends better, passes better, etc.

Crawford = Crawford is a better shooter, ball handler, passer... Marvin just defends better.

Smoove. Smoove is more atheltic, is a better shot blocker, a better rebounder, Only thing Marvin has on Smoove is shooting form.

Bibby. Bibby has been here 2 years.. and we have gone to the playoffs two years. Without Bibby, I don't know if we still go to the playoffs. Without marvin, We still go... and may advance as we did last year.

You are trying to make hyperboyle into fact... and it's not being bought.

Edited by Diesel

The fact that he hit 29 without a single FT is what really stands out to me. Usually refs would have awarded him at least 2 chances on his awkward drives.

Exactly. And he scored in just about every way possible, including rebounding a miss in mid air, and dunking it. When has he ever done that? Philips Arena should start playing the "Welcome Back Kotter" theme song for him, every time he makes a shot in the Orlando Thanksgiving night game.

As bad as Marvin has been this year it didn't cost them even one game. Their only losses were two blowouts which they probably wouldn't have won even if Marvin was on.

However there is no way they win last nights game without Marvin going off.

Gotta give some credit to Woody for that. I think he's done an excellent job in managing when and when not to play Marvin in the 4th quarter. If Crawford has it going, he's sticking with Crawford. If not, he's going with Marvin, regardless of how he's shooting.

Also, the decision to play Marvin more at the 4 at times, instead of Joe Smith, has helped in that regard as well. Marvin is definitely a more active player on the boards and around the rim, when he plays the 4.

Gotta give some credit to Woody for that. I think he's done an excellent job in managing when and when not to play Marvin in the 4th quarter. If Crawford has it going, he's sticking with Crawford. If not, he's going with Marvin, regardless of how he's shooting.

Also, the decision to play Marvin more at the 4 at times, instead of Joe Smith, has helped in that regard as well. Marvin is definitely a more active player on the boards and around the rim, when he plays the 4.

Having Crawford on the team (just like Flip last year) allows Woody to go with the hot hand and/or bench someone who is stiking it up. Last year there were plenty of times where Bibby got benched in the 4th and Flip stayed in. Sund has done a good job getting these two guys for next to nothing. it definitely makes life easier for a coach.

I am with you on Marvin at the 4. His length allows him to play that position very well against small lineups. Hopefully we will see more of that. Joe Smith has not impressed me.