Flip and Crawford early comparisons

Kimsey

Flip was very eratic last year and had great games and then would disappear. I expect Craw to be more consistent..

He is more consistent and I think of him as a minny Iverson even though Craw is taller. He almost always brings something good to the game even when his 3pt shot is not falling. Playing him as a sixth man is perfect IMO. When his shot is not falling he can still penetrate and distribute while commanding some double teams; and when it is, he will be our leading or second leading scorer.

And please don't bash me for comparing him to Iverson. I meant mini in a mini game sense; Craw can average 20 and 5; while Iverson in his prime averaged 30 and 7 some seasons...

• Premium Member

Flip was actually more consistent than Crawford last year. I agree that the difference b/w Flip of 2008-9 & Crawford of 2009-10 has been minimal so far.

It doesn't really matter for this year as the money equaled out. It's 2010-11 that will be the problem...

• Premium Member

I think you have to look beyond his assists. I would say offensive efficiency for the team improves when he's on the floor with Joe and Bibby. Flip and Craw operate on 2 different mechanisms. Flip was a driver. Craw is a shooter. Craw can drive and can pass, but we use him as a third shooter. IN that sense, he opens the floor for other players. Flip didn't really open the floor. Flip took advantage of the lack of attention he received on defense. There's nothing wrong with Flip, he made good use of his minutes. I just think Craw is better and has more to offer.

I agree with everything Diesel wrote here. Flip made the most of his minutes last year but he's not the kind of offensive factor Crawford has been. This team really seems to pick up when we have Joe, Bibby and Craw on the court together.