Ball Movement and defense

timdawg777

This team is at its best when there is good ball movement and strong defense with people blocking people out for rebounds. We saw in the second half of the Orlando game that we did neither. Either is was Joe pounding the ball and either taking a late shot in the shot clock or passing too late. Last night in the second half against philly, we saw some quick passing and people taking shots in rythym. We also saw better rebounding. Against Orlando, Dwight had way too many offensive rebounds in the second half and the Hawks did not even attempt to attack the offensive boards outside of Pachulia.

I think Woody needs to focus on this. I am okay with the ISO Joe and ISO Crawford when we have a lead and want to run clock, but moving the ball around gets everyone involved and the offense flows. Smoove had attacked the offensive boards to start the season more than I ever saw him during his career, but against Orlando, he did not. I think this team can beat anybody, but can look really bad when they start trying to do things by themselves.