• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This is how Joe needs to play for us

Atlantaholic

Joe did well passing the ball but we need him to break out of his slump. I wish Woody would have left him in a little longer so he could break out of his slump. We are going to need him scoring for us down the road.

JJ hasn't forgotten how to score - but I like the way he played tonight. He'll have many more 30 point games. I agree that Toronto gave up early - but we also shot them out of the place by getting GOOD shots and making them.

Joe had those two possessions in a row where he had it in his mind he was going 1 on 5 before he passed halfcourt. I just don't get it. I know he has always done this to some extent, but is he doing this more this year or am I just noticing it more?

But other than those two possessions, he was able to have a nice impact on the game without shooting much. Of course we scored 146 points tonight so you can't take too much away from the game other than the Raptors are really bad.

Joe did well passing the ball but we need him to break out of his slump. I wish Woody would have left him in a little longer so he could break out of his slump. We are going to need him scoring for us down the road.

5 of 11 is a decent shooting night even though he missed both of his threes. I do not have a problem with any of our players taking only 11 shots in a winning effort. What bothers me more is 6 of 18 in a losing effort....

• Premium Member

Joe had those two possessions in a row where he had it in his mind he was going 1 on 5 before he passed halfcourt. I just don't get it. I know he has always done this to some extent, but is he doing this more this year or am I just noticing it more?

But other than those two possessions, he was able to have a nice impact on the game without shooting much. Of course we scored 146 points tonight so you can't take too much away from the game other than the Raptors are really bad.

Lol, yeah man they are horrible. I know Bosh will get into the All star game as a starter, but the dude is an AWFUL defender. Al Horford, who isn't the worlds strongest and biggest player was abusing him worse than I've seen maybe ever. He looked like Shaq out there.

It helps when people are making shots. JJ had 5 assists off made 3-pointers ( 3 to Marvin, 2 to Bibby )

Agree completely; but what about his other 6 assist? The 3pt% is exactly what worries me. When we shoot well, Woody looks like a offensive genius. Just hope he sees that only 33pts came off threes and out of our 37 assist the bulk of them were on two point baskets and not threes.

Subtract the assisted threes and we still had more assist than Torontos 25; who btw scored 115 pts. That is what I hope Woody sees and learns from...Not always going to hit threes but we can always share the ball.

He has a very solid game. We didn't need his scoring tonight. He almost got a triple double tonight.

Yes he does. JKidd would take 12, 11, and 6 in 26 minutes every day of the week in a 30pt blow out. He would also be laughing his *ss off as the bench finished the game off.

Edited by Buzzard

I know Hawks won big, which was great and EVERYBODY got to play,

but, where was the defense.

Guess we were scoring so much, defense didn't really matter.

Our opponent wasn't very good on defense but they did score - - - A lot!

:conversation:

I know Hawks won big, which was great and EVERYBODY got to play,

but, where was the defense.

Guess we were scoring so much, defense didn't really matter.

Our opponent wasn't very good on defense but they did score - - - A lot!

:conversation:

Toronto wanted to play a full court game, so we took it to them. If we play uptempo, you're gonna give up points because there are more shots taken. Regardless, point differential is a better measure of defense than points allowed, imo.

Toronto wanted to play a full court game, so we took it to them. If we play uptempo, you're gonna give up points because there are more shots taken. Regardless, point differential is a better measure of defense than points allowed, imo.

I agree 100% that point differential is a better stat. We our 6th in the league right now and 3rd behind Boston and Orlando in the east. Beating Toronto helped out tremedously to offset the lopsided losses we suffered to Charlotte and Orlando. One or two more wins like that and we could pass Orlando for the 5th spot (2nd in the east)

Last season, if I remember correctly, when we did not score 100pts or more our winning % was around .500. This season we are 3 and 4 when scoring less than 100pts. I think this is a good indicator that if a team can slow us down to a half court pace, they have a much better chance of beating us. Toronto played right into our hands IMO...

Well coached teams can at least dictate a slow halfcourt tempo on their end of the floor anytime they want. This does not mean they will win everytime; but I do think it gives even teams with lesser talent a much better chance to beat us.

Edited by Buzzard