• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

146!

mrhonline

A simple thread to celebrate the good times!

Gotta give Deisel credit when it's due. He always says "making shots is key". We were shooting 60% or so for the game for a long time. Garbage time may have dropped us down a bit (I haven't checked the boxscore)...but there for awhile nobody was missing smile.gif

The reverse of Murphy's Law: Whatever can go right, will go right.

That is what happened with the Hawks tonight. We ended up shooting a mindblowing 59.1% from the field on the night and 52.4% from 3 (11/21). We killed them on the boards, played very good defense, our bench played extremely well (save for Collins), Bosh did absolutely nothing, Joe Smith played like he was borrowing a 25 year old body, and our starters got to rest up. Except for Crawford, no one played more than 28mins. Great win over a bad team. Still, 146 points on ANYBODY is nothing to sneeze at!

The reverse of Murphy's Law: Whatever can go right, will go right.

That is what happened with the Hawks tonight. We ended up shooting a mindblowing 59.1% from the field on the night and 52.4% from 3 (11/21). We killed them on the boards, played very good defense, our bench played extremely well (save for Collins), Bosh did absolutely nothing, Joe Smith played like he was borrowing a 25 year old body, and our starters got to rest up. Except for Crawford, no one played more than 28mins. Great win over a bad team. Still, 146 points on ANYBODY is nothing to sneeze at!

No its not; especially when our leading scorer and only current all-star had 12! There was a time not long ago when ever we broke 100, it was because JJ scored 25 or more. Those days are gone and better days are here again!

Woody the key to our 1st half offense against Orlando and this game: dont let players stand still and watch, pass the ball and get them involved....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Woody the key to our 1st half offense against Orlando and this game: dont let players stand still and watch, pass the ball and get them involved....

Well said!!! There was a brief period in the 3rd quarter when 'ISO Joe' started again and the Raptors scored 8 quick points. To Woody's credit, he did call a timeout when that happened. He's got to drill into the players that when they share the ball, good things happen!

• Premium Member

No its not; especially when our leading scorer and only current all-star had 12! There was a time not long ago when ever we broke 100, it was because JJ scored 25 or more. Those days are gone and better days are here again!

We have some firepower on this team, man. Horford may not be the most polished half-court post player, but the dude is probably the best transition center in the entire NBA. When we get out and running and look to pass we are freaking scary.

Since no one has mentioned him yet, I will.

Good game Marvin. Gotta love those back 2 back threes he made in the 2nd quarter, and was confident enough to take a 3rd one right in a row, but he missed. After he made his first few outside shots, JJ was going to him all night.

Marvin did have a good game after starting 1 for 3. But then its hard not to find anyone who did not have a good game. 146 pts! Where did this come from after being held to just 88 by the 7 and 11 Pistons?

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

I am really shocked at how bad a defensive team Toronto really is. They were terrible. They need an enforcer badly.

We really came out tonight to make a point and did we ever. Horford and Josh shut down Bosh and the rest of the team played great team ball. Most importantly we rebounded and we BOXED out. It was nice to get an extended look at the bench. Teague has been settling down a bit which is nice. Zaza played really well as did Joe Smith. I was pleasantly surprised by Morris. He actually has some nice post moves. With a little confidence he might be able to contribute if we have an injury. I am officially not a fan of Collins. I think that roster spot can be better used with someone else. I just don't see how he can contribute at all.

This might have been Toronto's worst game since giving up 81 points to Kobe. They're defense was horrible and cheers to the Hawks for not having a 2nd half letdown.

I think a real big reason for no 2nd half let down is we have a hungry bench. 2nd and 3rd teamers play hard even in blowouts...this is to Woody for having the guts to use them and see if they could hold or even extend a lead!

About time!

craptors.gif

LMAO Hots! But still you have to enjoy the win and the fact our bench finally got some serious minutes; while our starters got some rest. I would say this is a good night for Hawks players and fans. Can you imagine how the Raptors fans are feeling right now? They had some high hopes with the signings of Jack and Turk.

LMAO Hots! But still you have to enjoy the win and the fact our bench finally got some serious minutes; while our starters got some rest. I would say this is a good night for Hawks players and fans. Can you imagine how the Raptors fans are feeling right now? They had some high hopes with the signings of Jack and Turk.

I'm not surprised by their bad start. They have talented offensive players, but who can play defense on that team? It's the softest team in the league.