• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

146!

mrhonline

Awesome win. It was great to see our bench players out there doing well. It was especially good to see more of Teague's game and to see him make a 3.

I remember when the Hawks used to struggle against the Raptors. Look how the tables have turned.

Well said!!! There was a brief period in the 3rd quarter when 'ISO Joe' started again and the Raptors scored 8 quick points. To Woody's credit, he did call a timeout when that happened. He's got to drill into the players that when they share the ball, good things happen!

And more importantly, Woody subbed him out if you noticed. Really bold move by him and I think he needs to do that more often. We went back to playing how we should after that and the blowout resumed. I will give props to Woodson on that if he continues the trend.

It's on Joe to share and if he doesn't then he needs to suffer the consequences just like any other player, rookie or not.

• Premium Member

Words from Woody:

"You beat a horrible defensive team playing back-to-back games so don't break your hands patting yourselves on the back. As far as I'm concerned you're still bottom feeders."

• Moderators

I felt like we would pummel Toronto (I feel the same way to a lesser extent in any matchup with the Suns) because of their terrible D and uptempo offense but this was beyond my expectations! Great game - espeically since it came from a good habit of sharing the ball rather than a Kobe-for-81 sort of scenario that would lead to problems against better teams.

Gotta give Deisel credit when it's due. He always says "making shots is key". We were shooting 60% or so for the game for a long time. Garbage time may have dropped us down a bit (I haven't checked the boxscore)...but there for awhile nobody was missing smile.gif

Hmmm...you have to make shots to win??? Now thats real in depth analysis right there!! :tease:

• Premium Member

It was a great win. Definitely brought back memories of the Atlanta Air Force days and when Nique and crew could just throw up any score they wanted on a bad defensive team.

This game shows why I don't like Bosh. He can only work if he has a terrific big man defensive brute next to him at center. He is one of the worst defensive players in the NBA because he is so slight he can't hold his position in the low post against any big with talent. I honestly felt like we could have went to Horford the whole game and if he had played 40 minutes he would have ended the game with 50-60 points. Bargiani is even worse defensively than Bosh, Calderon is bad defender as well. Its disaster all over the court with that team because they can't stop bigs and they also give up points to guards because Calderon is bad.

What I liked from Atlanta was as others said it wasn't just one guy killing them we just killed them as a total team. Joe Smith should IMO get more minutes a game as should Teague. We have a legit rotation of five deep for every position if we came out with Teague/Crawford/Evans/Joe Smith/Zaza off the bench. We're at least 10 deep and I don't understand why we don't play that way more often.

• Premium Member

It was a great win. Definitely brought back memories of the Atlanta Air Force days and when Nique and crew could just throw up any score they wanted on a bad defensive team.

This game shows why I don't like Bosh. He can only work if he has a terrific big man defensive brute next to him at center. He is one of the worst defensive players in the NBA because he is so slight he can't hold his position in the low post against any big with talent. I honestly felt like we could have went to Horford the whole game and if he had played 40 minutes he would have ended the game with 50-60 points. Bargiani is even worse defensively than Bosh, Calderon is bad defender as well. Its disaster all over the court with that team because they can't stop bigs and they also give up points to guards because Calderon is bad.

What I liked from Atlanta was as others said it wasn't just one guy killing them we just killed them as a total team. Joe Smith should IMO get more minutes a game as should Teague. We have a legit rotation of five deep for every position if we came out with Teague/Crawford/Evans/Joe Smith/Zaza off the bench. We're at least 10 deep and I don't understand why we don't play that way more often.

As long as we play in a game like last night, where everything is going our way and there is no adversity, Woodson seems pretty competent. The moment we go on a cold streak or play a good team though, then Woody plays our starters 40 minutes and tells Joe to take every shot.