• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Knicks thread

Hawksquawk

• Premium Member

Blame ALL the way around here. The players for playing ZERO defense, Woodson for sticking with the SAME OLE lineups when they weren't working...ug. It's game like this that separate us from Orlando, Boston, etc etc.

How does Teague get a whopping ONE MINUTE of PT even when Bibby was constantly abused by Duhon? I just don't know anymore...

This sums it up:

Duhon: 25 pts 10 assists

Bibby: 6 pts 2 assists 32 mins

Good thing the Knicks were short handed.

Woody puts Teague back in the game with 34 seconds left. LOL! wtf? It's like he is intentionally trying to screw his confidence up.

The Hawks were getting killed even when Josh Smith was in there. Yeah, he protects the lane (no one else on this team seems to want or be able to do so), but I don't know if having him would have made that much of a difference. NO ONE played defense tonight, NO ONE.

disappointed for what?? He didn't deserve to get ejected.. We sucked plain and simple, we played Zero defense. Joe had another terrible shooting night.Bibby sucked yet Woody kept him in. There is enough blame to spread around for everyone, not just smoove.

Smoove is my fav player and all but he needs to quit whining to the refs so much and just play ball.

The Hawks are nothing without Smoove. they have no inside presence.

Horford tries hard and is pretty good as a PF playing center. But you are right. Not only that - but without the fear of Smoove swatting away their shots as a help defender, our lack of speed at the guard positions is exposed. Normally a team with an undersized (but athletic) frontcourt needs quick guards who can defend the perimeter and keep their guys from driving unmolested. To be honest we seem to have lazy shooters and Smoove and Horford. Marvin is a wild card...sometimes he shows up defensively and sometimes not. Zaza will give you an effort but he's no shot blocker.

I think the team has become too reliant on Smoove and his getting tossed shows it. I blame Smoove for his transgression tonight...but I also realize that a guy who brings energy and aggressiveness is occasionally going to go over the top and get tossed. Goes with the territory.

Funny thing is - normally a dumb arsed mistake like Smoove made tonight would put him in Woody's doghouse - instead - I think it showed Woody just how valuable Smoove is to this team. If Smoove doesn't utter that last curse at the ref - we win this game.....JMHO.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

disappointed for what?? He didn't deserve to get ejected.. We sucked plain and simple, we played Zero defense. Joe had another terrible shooting night.Bibby sucked yet Woody kept him in. There is enough blame to spread around for everyone, not just smoove.

Joe had a bad shooting night? Really? 12/24 for 29 points 8 assists and 8 boards? WOW. I hope to hell he keeps shooting THAT badly.

As for Smoove, I wonder how much money that ref had on this game. Smoove did nothing to get the first technical and then the second was just to get him out of the game. You can't tell me that wasn't fishy.

I think it's more like The Knicks just ran cold for a while than anything.

We did not shoot 3s very well, we did not share the ball very well. And maybe it would have been better with Smoove and maybe not. But he still needs to stop complaining. He is getting close to stardom and refs are going to be tougher on him if they feel he is showing them up.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

We did not shoot 3s very well, we did not share the ball very well, we did not score 100pts. We are now 3 and 5 if we dont score 100. And maybe it would have been better with Smoove and maybe not. But he still needs to stop complaining. He is getting close to stardom and refs are going to be tougher on him if they feel he is showing them up.

Is this a joke? Our offense played fine. We scored 107 points. The Knicks hitting every freaking three point shot they put up in the first half is what killed us. Well that and a ref tossing Smoove for no reason.