• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

....NOW WE...Don't know?

MVP23

I'm confused, and lost...Our defense is down right horrendous. Noticed how smoove everything looked in the first Q, when we had good ball movement, and playing with excitement..then here comes Mo..and Joe Smith..and Zaza, and all of a sudden, we're down 8. Now, people start to panic..and freak out, and jack with 17 on the shot clock..we're all out of sink( I know thats not the correct way to spell that..but..) ..we have to find a way to calm ourselves down when the other team goes on a run..otherwise, we won't reach 45 wins.

Edited by MVP23

This team has done peaked. This team plays bad fundamental basketball and they don't maintain the effort to win every night. This is a team lacking in fundamentals and desire. It's the same deal as last year. Joe Smith has proven to be garbage, Jamal Crawford is just as likely to hurt your team as he is to help it. Mo Evans is playing worse than last year and so is ZaZa. The only big difference is that this team got way more overpaid in the offseason. If this team is better than last year's team... It's ever so slightly.

The one positive is that The Nets won, so the Hawks can't get quite that low... But I'm sure they would have if they were given the chance. Then you would have northcyde on here saying "Well, they had to win sometime. Might as well be against us... Now, we got to put it behind us and move onto the next game".

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The one positive is that The Nets won, so the Hawks can't get quite that low... But I'm sure they would have if they were given the chance. Then you would have northcyde on here saying "Well, they had to win sometime. Might as well be against us... Now, we got to put it behind us and move onto the next game".

Hots we give you a lot of rope on this site as Admin/Moderators. Alot of rope. But for you to compare the Hawks with the team that just set the NBA record for 18 losses in a row to start the season is a flat out joke. Either you are trolling this site or you are a Hawks Hater. Period.

And you call Northcyde out of all people? Someone who actually watches NBA games and posts relative to them? Northcyde is always around, win or lose. And he'll tell you why the Hawks won or lost without relying on broad generalizations. He'll debate the facts with you.

Hots I want you to look over the bolded text again. That's out of line. Agreed?

• Like 1

Hots we give you a lot of rope on this site as Admin/Moderators. Alot of rope. But for you to compare the Hawks with the team that just set the NBA record for 18 losses in a row to start the season is a flat out joke. Either you are trolling this site or you are a Hawks Hater. Period.

And you call Northcyde out of all people? Someone who actually watches NBA games and posts relative to them? Northcyde is always around, win or lose. And he'll tell you why the Hawks won or lost without relying on broad generalizations. He'll debate the facts with you.

Hots I want you to look over the bolded text again. That's out of line. Agreed?

What I was saying was that if the Nets were winless when they played the Hawks, I could see the Nets ending that streak against the Hawks. Which would be about as low as you can go. Since the Nets won tonight, the Hawks don't have the chance to hand NJ their first win.

What I was saying was that if the Nets were winless when they played the Hawks, I could see the Nets ending that streak against the Hawks. Which would be about as low as you can go. Since the Nets won tonight, the Hawks don't have the chance to hand NJ their first win.

Hots I've always supported your (opinions) and I appreciate your reasoning above but come 'on.

Seriously?

Hots you've got to mix it up.

Hots I've always supported your (opinions) and I appreciate your reasoning above but come 'on.

Seriously?

Talking with people that don't like the NBA.... The Hawks are the epitome of what makes basketball fans mad. Refs aside. This team is selfish, mostly lazy and fundamentally bad. They play such a bad brand of basketball that it makes it tough for me to say good things about them. They get paid millions of bucks and they can't even go out there and give full effort. How do you say good things about players that play like that? I don't like to watch the Cavs because they share a lot of the same problems the Hawks have. I want this team to do well and made a run, but they're not making a REAL run playing this way. It killed me to watch the Braves made World Series runs and the Falcons making the Superbowl while this team couldn't get out of the 2nd round. Largely, this team is headed down the same road that the late 90's Hawks teams went down. It's about the big picture.

Seriously?

We just lost to the Knicks who are now only 4 games ahead of the Nets. This keeps up I do not see Woody making it past the break. Which could be a blessing if Sund is willing to hire a good replacement now, it would give us 1st pick over the Nets and probably the TWolves....

Edited by Buzzard

Talking with people that don't like the NBA.... The Hawks are the epitome of what makes basketball fans mad. Refs aside. This team is selfish, mostly lazy and fundamentally bad. They play such a bad brand of basketball that it makes it tough for me to say good things about them. They get paid millions of bucks and they can't even go out there and give full effort. How do you say good things about players that play like that? I don't like to watch the Cavs because they share a lot of the same problems the Hawks have. I want this team to do well and made a run, but they're not making a REAL run playing this way. It killed me to watch the Braves made World Series runs and the Falcons making the Superbowl while this team couldn't get out of the 2nd round. Largely, this team is headed down the same road that the late 90's Hawks teams went down. It's about the big picture.

The big picture is Joe is not Elite(at least not playing like it) and Woodson does not coach offense. When we continue to move on the court and move the ball we are almost unstoppable. When our movement is stagnant and we rely on one on one plays it shows just how much we lack as far as offensive plays. When our defense and effort isn't there then of course we are not going to be able to contend with any team including Nets. Woody has his faults but the players know and understand the freedoms they have on the court on the offensive end if they work with each other. When they choose not to play defense and with energy relying only on making shots these are the results. If we are complacent with just being good this will be the results if we want to be Elite we have to learn to hustle,defend and play with effort every night until it becomes a habit.

• Like 1

LOL . . . . Teke, I'm not worried about Hotlanta. This is what he does. Kind of like Manny Ramirez, it's just Hot being Hot.

I couldn't watch this game, but I just saw the highlights of it on nba.com. The defense was terrible, but we still should've won tonight. As bad as we played, we had a 3 point lead at the beginning of the 4th quarter. But the defense was horrendous.

(( OMG . . . LOL @ how the Heat just lost. Kobe banks in an off-balance 3 at the buzzer over Wade. ))

If it makes you feel better Hot, the team that we play tomorrow night, the former 14 - 5 Dallas Mavericks, just got the hell beat out of them in MEMPHIS. Lost by 16. So I guess that'll be two terrible teams playing in Dallas tomorrow night. A horrible matchup with the 13 - 6 Hawks vs the 14 - 6 Mavericks.

This team simply have to make up for tonight's loss, with a win in Dallas. Let's see if they can step up to the challenge. If we win, you won't hear a peep about this game though.

If it makes you feel better Hot, the team that we play tomorrow night, the former 14 - 5 Dallas Mavericks, just got the hell beat out of them in MEMPHIS. Lost by 16. So I guess that'll be two terrible teams playing in Dallas tomorrow night. A horrible matchup with the 13 - 6 Hawks vs the 14 - 6 Mavericks.

The Hawks done peaked and shot their wad. The Mavs barely made the playoffs last season and are missing on of their best players. This team has been healthy all season has still lost 4 out of 6. The wins were against the worst defensive team in the league and one of the most hurt teams. This team can't even stay on the same floor with Orlando and can't beat NY at home. Yikes.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

The Hawks done peaked and shot their wad. The Mavs barely made the playoffs last season and are missing on of their best players. This team has been healthy all season has still lost 4 out of 6. The wins were against the worst defensive team in the league and one of the most hurt teams. This team can't even stay on the same floor with Orlando and can't beat NY at home. Yikes.

Boston . . Portland . . Denver . . Miami ( nuff said )

Bad losses . . good wins.

Nobody isn't denying that we didn't have bad losses this year. And no one is denying that tonight's loss isn't a bad loss. But it's not end of the world time either. If you want to throw in the towel because we've lost 4 of 6, go right ahead. But like Teke said, you're never around after a win. During the 7 game win streak, you were dang near MIA on here. Maybe you were in MIA forreal, on South Beach. But as soon as we lose, here you come, popping up like a Jack-in-the-box.

Let us lose against the Mavs, and you're surely be here, with that big sign with the words THE END IS NEAR FOR THE HAWKS on it, spouting all of your negativity.

Let us win though, and we probably won't see you till Wednesday. Or if we do see you, it'll be to say that we're still pretenders.

Either way . . it's just Hot being Hot.

LOL . . . . Teke, I'm not worried about Hotlanta. This is what he does. Kind of like Manny Ramirez, it's just Hot being Hot.

I couldn't watch this game, but I just saw the highlights of it on nba.com. The defense was terrible, but we still should've won tonight. As bad as we played, we had a 3 point lead at the beginning of the 4th quarter. But the defense was horrendous.

(( OMG . . . LOL @ how the Heat just lost. Kobe banks in an off-balance 3 at the buzzer over Wade. ))

This team simply have to make up for tonight's loss, with a win in Dallas. Let's see if they can step up to the challenge. If we win, you won't hear a peep about this game though.

Just about everyone on this board was in agreement on these two things we needed to improve on:

1-Beat the teams we are suppose to beat

2-Improve our road record

Its not panic to see a bad trend forming here over our last 9 games. Its the same trend we saw last season concerning our two areas of improvement. We did start off hot our 1st ten games as Hots stated. 8-2 with a very respectable road record of 4-2. This included road wins over both Boston and Portland.

Since then we are 5-4 with a road record of 1-3; with all those road losses coming against under .500 teams. And though I think the Hornets are a good team, I do not think they are better than us even with Paul, much less without him.

If we right the ship tomorrow as you stated; we will be 6-4 with a 2-3 road record over our last 10. If we don't we will be 5-5 and 1-4 on the road over our last ten games. Either way its not 8-2 and 4-2; and these current ten games are not any harder than the 1st ten. These three pitiful road losses will only be forgotten if we can consistently beat under .500 teams on the road.

Dallas will not be easy; this loss to the Hornets was an embarrasment. Dirk, Marion, Kidd, and JT do not go a combined 18 of 56 very often. Kidd shot the best of the four and he only went 4 of 12. I hope we play well against Dallas. Be a great win if we do; but it will not be a insufferable loss like the three previous road losses.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Boston . . Portland . . Denver . . Miami ( nuff said )

Bad losses . . good wins.

Nobody isn't denying that we didn't have bad losses this year. And no one is denying that tonight's loss isn't a bad loss. But it's not end of the world time either. If you want to throw in the towel because we've lost 4 of 6, go right ahead. But like Teke said, you're never around after a win. During the 7 game win streak, you were dang near MIA on here. Maybe you were in MIA forreal, on South Beach. But as soon as we lose, here you come, popping up like a Jack-in-the-box.

Let us lose against the Mavs, and you're surely be here, with that big sign with the words THE END IS NEAR FOR THE HAWKS on it, spouting all of your negativity.

Let us win though, and we probably won't see you till Wednesday. Or if we do see you, it'll be to say that we're still pretenders.

Either way . . it's just Hot being Hot.

1.The Heat is just 10-9... The good start they had was because they had an overload of home games. Right now, they're a .500 team and Wade isn't playing so good.

2.Portland has underachieved. Let's take a look at what Portland has done shall we:

Wins:

Houston

Oak City

Spurs

Minny

Memphis

Minny

NO

Charlotte

Detriot

Minny

Chicago

New Jersey

Losses:

Denver

Houston

Atlanta

Atlanta

Golden State

Memphis

Utah

Miami

Does that impress you?

Again, Denver was missing two key players and the Hawks blew Denver out last year.

The bottomline is that this team is only slightly better than last year and this team does NOT have a shot at going deep in the playoffs. They're looking shaky at home even when they win. Like they looked shaky against Portland and Houston.

• Premium Member

Same old things. Woody has no clue how to use his bench. We are on fire in the first quarter and then he takes THE ENTIRE STARTING LINEUP out of the game and it kills our momentum. Bibby is getting abused all night and Teague doesn't even see the floor... The moment that we start loosing it is Iso joe, iso joe, iso joe. I don't know why anyone who watches this team enjoys watching Woodson coach, it makes no sense to me.

• Premium Member

How long did it take some of you to get off the bandwagon? Did you even have your bags on with you or were you planning your exodus before getting on. We lost. Our best transition defender was kicked out of the game and we lost. IN the few minutes he was in, he had 8 and 5. However, we played basically 3 quarters without him. Being down a man, you didn't think the Knicks would just come in here and lay down? Teams play hard. Every team has pride. That was our first home loss but look at the circumstances. We're the same team that dismantled Toronto the other night. We have something, we just have to learn how to use it. As many garbage teams that I have sat and rooted for as a Hawks fan, I am not going to take a Hotlanta viewpoint now when we've come so far. You guys can jump off the bus, I'm riding it all the way to the end of the line.

• Like 1

How long did it take some of you to get off the bandwagon? Did you even have your bags on with you or were you planning your exodus before getting on. We lost. Our best transition defender was kicked out of the game and we lost. IN the few minutes he was in, he had 8 and 5. However, we played basically 3 quarters without him. Being down a man, you didn't think the Knicks would just come in here and lay down? Teams play hard. Every team has pride. That was our first home loss but look at the circumstances. We're the same team that dismantled Toronto the other night. We have something, we just have to learn how to use it. As many garbage teams that I have sat and rooted for as a Hawks fan, I am not going to take a Hotlanta viewpoint now when we've come so far. You guys can jump off the bus, I'm riding it all the way to the end of the line.

Too bad the Hawks were not playing hard when a turd like Chris Duhon was going off on them. There is at least one team that doesn't have any pride and that's the Hawks. Toronto gives up 110PPG... Beating up on them is not an impressive feat. Teams are shooting 38% against the Hawks in three's... Where is the perimeter defense? They have none cause they got no pride or will to win.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Northcyde, I watched that Heat Laker game. The Lakers are a machine. Down by 4 with 9 secs on the clock. Fisher hits a 3 with a hand in his face. Lakers quick foul. Wade blows a free throw. Down by two... Kobe gets this bank shot to go. You can't tell me that Kobe doesn't practice this shot. I think Kobe loves this situation. The thing I don't get is how do team forget about Fisher? This dude will go down in History as the Clutchest player to ever play. More Clutch than Jordan??

Right now for our guys, we have several pieces but we need to figure out how they work together. I hate to break it to you all but we are not going to be a defensive stopper type team. Our best shot is to be an offensive killer.. Like the Saints. We parrellel this year's Saints. The Saints have no run defense, however, their offense gets up on a team so quickly that they don't need one. In basketball, we're the same way. Our week spots are perimeter defense. The thing is that we get up on a team so quickly, that they go for the post scoring to make shots. That's how we have to beat teams. Outscore them. We were going that way against the Knicks when all the sudden, Duhon and Magic City Al Harrington got hot from outside. Based on Woody's subbing patterns, we're not built for trench warfare. We're built for skirmishes. Take away Smoove and then we definitely have a problem. I think we will see differently this evening.