• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

....NOW WE...Don't know?

MVP23

• Premium Member

Too bad the Hawks were not playing hard when a turd like Chris Duhon was going off on them. There is at least one team that doesn't have any pride and that's the Hawks. Toronto gives up 110PPG... Beating up on them is not an impressive feat. Teams are shooting 38% against the Hawks in three's... Where is the perimeter defense? They have none cause they got no pride or will to win.

Yeah, you're right Hots. Too bad. However, do you doubt that we're good or are you just being pessimistic because you're an embarrassed fan? Since you want to quote me Toronto's stats, let me do you one better:

Josh Smith averages 15.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, and 2.7 bpg. Us winning without him would have been impressive.

• Premium Member

Yeah, you're right Hots. Too bad. However, do you doubt that we're good or are you just being pessimistic because you're an embarrassed fan? Since you want to quote me Toronto's stats, let me do you one better:

Josh Smith averages 15.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, and 2.7 bpg. Us winning without him would have been impressive.

In our first game against NY, Smoove had 22 points, 12 rebs, 4 assists, 1block, and 2 steals.

I don't think the team is progressing to a contending level of basketball. They'll win between 45-51 in the end.... But can this team get to a contending level? I don't think they will. That's why I don't get excited right now. I remember the 11-0 start in 97 and that was the last time I was going to be fooled by a quick start. I thought we where going to win the title that year. And even though this team is built differently, they're headed for the same results as those late 90's teams.

NY was scoring at will with him in the game. Yeah, most of those were jumpers.... The Knicks were missing one of their top shooters and still shot the lights out last night. There is no excuse for getting killed by a guy that was shooting 29% on the season. When Josh went out, they just went from getting killed on the outside to getting killed on the inside. But the Knicks were mostly in control of this game after the 11-0 run to start the game. If they had played defense in the first period when they had jumped out to a big lead, it wouldn't have been a problem anyway. Moreover, Josh seemed like he was frustrated with the poor perimeter defense last night in addition to the refs... I don't believe he threw that fit just because he was mad at the refs. I believe he was PO'ed at the defense from the guards. Just my personal opinion there... But that's the feeling I got.

Edited by Hotlanta1981