• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smoove Needs To Grow Up...NOW!

JackB1

Josh needs to realize we need him on the floor!!! His childish rant after the non=foul call was ridiculous and cost us the game!

He thought he was fouled as he went to the and made the basket and then started complaining he was fouled. I'm sure he used

a lot of profanity and the ref T's him up. At that point he should have let it go and walked away. But no....he kept t up and got the

2nd T and goodbye! Then, he yells FU loudly, right in front of a bunch of kids that were sitting near the baseline and he kicks and

flails around...you can see the scared look on these kids faces. Totally unacceotable behavior.

If Josh wants to complate his growth and take his game to the next level he needs to STOP WHINING TO THE REFS ABOUT EVERY CALL!!!!!

I dont blame the refs at all. Josh whines EVERY TIME he drives the hoop and doesnt get a foul call. If you go to a game in person and just watch him, its unbelievable the amout of complaining he does all game long. The refs don't take anything he says seriously because he complains ALL THE TIME and now has a reputation as a whiner. The only way he can change this is to STOP and focus on the game and your opponent...NOT THE REFS!!!

It's obvious Woody has no control over Josh and Josh isn't smart enough to control himself. Horford should have grabbed him right after the first T, but it happened so fast and I'm not sure he could have grabbed Josh fast enough. Woody should have expressed his anger and disappointment with Josh after the game and explained to him that his behavior cost them the game. I'm sure Woody said NOTHING to Josh after the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Josh needs to realize we need him on the floor!!! His childish rant after the non=foul call was ridiculous and cost us the game!

He thought he was fouled as he went to the and made the basket and then started complaining he was fouled. I'm sure he used

a lot of profanity and the ref T's him up. At that point he should have let it go and walked away. But no....he kept t up and got the

2nd T and goodbye! Then, he yells FU loudly, right in front of a bunch of kids that were sitting near the baseline and he kicks and

flails around...you can see the scared look on these kids faces. Totally unacceotable behavior.

If Josh wants to complate his growth and take his game to the next level he needs to STOP WHINING TO THE REFS ABOUT EVERY CALL!!!!!

I dont blame the refs at all. Josh whines EVERY TIME he drives the hoop and doesnt get a foul call. If you go to a game in person and just watch him, its unbelievable the amout of complaining he does all game long. The refs don't take anything he says seriously because he complains ALL THE TIME and now has a reputation as a whiner. The only way he can change this is to STOP and focus on the game and your opponent...NOT THE REFS!!!

It's obvious Woody has no control over Josh and Josh isn't smart enough to control himself. Horford should have grabbed him right after the first T, but it happened so fast and I'm not sure he could have grabbed Josh fast enough. Woody should have expressed his anger and disappointment with Josh after the game and explained to him that his behavior cost them the game. I'm sure Woody said NOTHING to Josh after the game.

Yup, I agree with everything. Josh's behavior was an embarrassment, I was almost glad when he got kicked out, he deserved it. He had been complaining and whining and screaming non stop the entire game, he made Rasheed Wallace look like Tim Duncan yesterday.

It's obvious Josh is going to loose his head time to time, and everyone knows it. The team should've held him back, and get him to calm down. The only person I saw try to do something was Bibby and all he did was nudge him away from the ref a little. I didn't any other person making an effort. Either one of the players or Woody needs to let Josh realize enough is enough.

• Premium Member

I don't think Smoove can change who he is right away. He's the guy who has always been given what he wanted because of his great ability. He's going to cry to the refs... bark at the refs.. act childish for some years. Especially when he is frustrated. Last night he was frustrated. Not only was he frustrated by the refs calls. He was frustrated that he missed a dunk. He was frustrated because Al Harrington was so good and playing the way that Smoove always wanted to play. He was just frustrated period and when he didn't get his way.... BOOM. I don't know if that's easily fixable. I say get a tough big man's coach in here and begin the work of changing Smoove. Hell, if Tito could do it, I would say call in Tito.. But we need a good physical, big, big man's coach. Rick Mahorn is now coming to mind. Our guys lack toughness.

It's obvious Josh is going to loose his head time to time, and everyone knows it. The team should've held him back, and get him to calm down. The only person I saw try to do something was Bibby and all he did was nudge him away from the ref a little. I didn't any other person making an effort. Either one of the players or Woody needs to let Josh realize enough is enough.

So are you saying its not Josh's fault ?

Sorry, but the only one to blame is Josh. You realize Josh was a half court away from the ref at the time of the ejection.

If you don't think his teamates and coaches have tried to tame is temper then your not watching.

I hate it for the little 8 year old ball boys that heard all the F-bombs from Smoove's dirty mouth. His dad was sitting front row, behind the exact same basket as his temper tantrum and even had Smoove's kid in his arm as it all happened.

I agree ! Smoove needs to grow up NOW ! Not for him but for his team, for the kids, and especially his own kids.

His pops out to kick his a** for that..................that is if his pops is not just like him.

• Like 1

So are you saying its not Josh's fault ?

Sorry, but the only one to blame is Josh. You realize Josh was a half court away from the ref at the time of the ejection.

If you don't think his teamates and coaches have tried to tame is temper then your not watching.

I hate it for the little 8 year old ball boys that heard all the F-bombs from Smoove's dirty mouth. His dad was sitting front row, behind the exact same basket as his temper tantrum and even had Smoove's kid in his arm as it all happened.

I agree ! Smoove needs to grow up NOW ! Not for him but for his team, for the kids, and especially his own kids.

His pops out to kick his a** for that..................that is if his pops is not just like him.

I'm not saying it's not Josh's fault. It is completely his fault for getting ejected. But like Nique said a coach or a player needs come and calm him down. Restrain him, so he doesn't continue.

The ONLY kids Josh Smith are responsible for are his own. They are who he has to explain why he did and what he said to.. He's not responsible for setting an example for anyone's kids on here. What people seem to forget is that atheltees, and singers are HUMAN just like us, only difference is they have more money..

The ONLY kids Josh Smith are responsible for are his own. They are who he has to explain why he did and what he said to.. He's not responsible for setting an example for anyone's kids on here. What people seem to forget is that atheltees, and singers are HUMAN just like us, only difference is they have more money..

But we're all responsible for our own behavior. While I think Smoove merely was frustrated as hell for not getting calls, he should still be able to contain his emotions to the point where he doesn't cuss someone out. He can express his displeasure without all of the cursing.

It's bad enough when you sit in the stands of sporting events with your kid ( or with other people's kids in the area ), and you have some drunk idiot fan cursing up a storm all throughout the game. Then when you tell him to stop all of the cursing around the kids, he wants to get mad, talking about that it's "his right as a fan to speak however he pleases".

But it should be all about common courtesy. I wouldn't mind a rule stating that if you blatanly curse at the referee, or is doing a lot of eexcessive cursing on the court, that you'll get a technical foul for that.

That'll at least calm down some of Kevin Garnett's antics, seeing that he's a notorious cusser on the court.

But we're all responsible for our own behavior. While I think Smoove merely was frustrated as hell for not getting calls, he should still be able to contain his emotions to the point where he doesn't cuss someone out. He can express his displeasure without all of the cursing.

It's bad enough when you sit in the stands of sporting events with your kid ( or with other people's kids in the area ), and you have some drunk idiot fan cursing up a storm all throughout the game. Then when you tell him to stop all of the cursing around the kids, he wants to get mad, talking about that it's "his right as a fan to speak however he pleases".

But it should be all about common courtesy. I wouldn't mind a rule stating that if you blatanly curse at the referee, or is doing a lot of eexcessive cursing on the court, that you'll get a technical foul for that.

That'll at least calm down some of Kevin Garnett's antics, seeing that he's a notorious cusser on the court.

In many states you can actually be arrested for cursing in public so no it's not the right as a fan to speak however he wants. If someone is doing that continually at a game they should throw his butt out and I think they should throw the players out of the game for behaving like that as well. I hate this set of standards that players get to live by just because they're good at sports but imagine if any of us could go around screaming and cursing at work and yelling at our boss or co-workers. And people can agree with it or not but along with the millions that these athletes are getting paid comes a certain responsibility to the fans since they are essentially the ones that are paying their salaries.

Never said we were not, but it's still your responsibility to explain things to your kid Not Smoove's , that the behavior is not acceptable at all. Players have been doing it for years and won't stop just because Smoove was ejected for cursing, IE: Garnett has been doing it since he came into the league, I'm sure he has been warned about it but he hasn't changed yet.

I'm sure Woody said NOTHING to Josh after the game.

How can you even speculate on that? We have no idea what goes on in the locker room.

Also, I'm not so sure that his getting tossed cost us the game. He really wasn't helping much when he was out there. It seemed there was a solid commitment from the whole team to not play defense last night.

I do agree that it was silly and it definitely hurt us.

Let me be clear. That was not a last night only incident. Smooth and Delaney have had run ins before. 3 of the previous 4 possessions there were fouls and no calls and it a ref that Josh has a problem with and Josh is a player Bob Delaney has t'd up quickly before. I think it went deeper than last night and hence the extra frustration. Best to speak from a matter of perspective. Watch the previous 3 or 4 possessions Josh tried to take the ball inside and the foul on him on the other end of the floor. I have no doubts this crap goes on. Refs in the NBA work the angles every game.